TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Can't wait to return to the park now. Chiapas just looks so great I really need to ride it.

Just now some great offride footage has been uploaded:

and more (with backwards part):

(Note use links because footage could be spoiling.)

The very first onride is up on Youtube! Spoiler inside, of course.

I'm pleasantly surprised. The scenery is great, the whole thin has a nice pace and the switches are clever. The last drop seems to be very exciting!

(But... WTF at 2:42? Hahaha I wasn't expecting THAT! )

i'll have some pictures and report later today.

But I was pleasantly surprised.

Should be a hit with the families for the park

That's good to hear, as their old flume ride was just average.

Seeing the onride makes me more and more excited for the ride. Love the music that you can hear.

This kinda makes me look forward to what's going on Silbermine's place. It sets the bar very high for me to be honest. Hope for news about that soon.

Today I had my first ride in Chiapas and I must say Awesome ride

The Theming is very good

The boats are wonderful and the labbard system is very interesting

The disco inside is very funny and it`s a perfect ride for families

The only con is that the trims after each drop are very strong

I rode the ride 12 times and the front is the best place because at the top you will not see where the track is going

I am mad about the ride and will visit PHL every freetime in the next months...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some interesting information about the new ride coming to Phantasialand. They don't want to give away an opening of the ride, so we are most likely not looking at anything earlier than 2016.

The park´s owner reveals that the next big but as yet unidentified attraction at Phantasialand will top Chiapas in stature. Located in the Mystery area of the park, next to Amazing Mexico, it too will also be rich in detail, with as much as 70% of its budget devoted to theming. Just don´t push for a completion date. "The most important thing is to bring the park to a higher level, so that all of the rides are modern ´e-ticket´attactions," muses Löffelhardt.

The whole article about Chiapas is awesome, and I encourage everyone to read it here, page 39.

• 2 months later...

Hey everybody,

the construction site on the former "Silberminen"-Darkride has been cleared so far. One former part of the building is still standing and there are speculations that it will be used for the new attraction.

The new construction site is a bit lower than the area of the Chiapas Water Ride and a long pit has been prepared though it remains unclear what it will be used for. German forums are speculating that it might be used as a launch part for some coaster-dark ride attractions but these are merely wishes and rumours.

As the park is not happy to see pictures taken of the site and posted in forums, a tumblr account has been made by someone to document the progress. If you google "Phantasialand Baustelle Tumblr" you might find it very quickly.

There are also some pretty recent aerial shots from the area taken by a hotel near by:

www.haus-am-see-bnb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Gyrokopter.rundflug.Bonn_.Bruehl.Phantasialand.Haus-am-See-BnB.Bild47.jpg

So far, take care.

Thanks for the photo, it looks awesome! The park have more land with this expansion than I thought, I hope they use it well.

It would be great to see another coaster being built for 2016, it's been a while since Black Mamba was built.

• 1 month later...

There´s some news from the construction site at my homepark.

I visited myself this weekend to confirm what I saw on pictures, and I can tell you that there are coaster footers visible on the new construction site (old western town). Officially, Phantasialand does not allow pictures posted on the internet, so I won´t do it. I can send you something via PM if you are interested.

I cannot tell you if they are the typical B&M Footers, because you cannot see a lot from the distance, but the closest resembling thing to what is there looks like this:

But, it looks like we´ll see a new (launched ?) coaster at Phantasialand soon !

Edited by DaveDowning

No, that won´t make sense. The Pit they dug there is by far not wide enough to have a station sitting there. So it´s either a tunnel or a launch. Plus, setting the station right in the middle of the new sector does not make sense at all. And you would have foundations poured all over the pit, not just two walls, the station needs to sit on a foundation aswell...

But you can clearly see that these are typical footers for coasters. I can´t say if it´s B&M style as I couldn´t get a top view to see the so-called "Almond-Cutout". There are some footers with 4 screws and some with 8, but none with the typical B&M six so far.

I still think Phantasialand is very childish not letting people post on forums (besides we already have lots of other ways (Tumblr, facebook, Twitter) so we still have updates), but yeah at least they contained to some extend the picture flow.

Anyway by one of the other ways I saw what you meant, you mean the long concrete block within the hole right? Yeah curious about that, I wouldn't be shocked if it would be launched coaster but my guess no B&M.

Well Phantasialand got so much hate on the internet for delaying Chiapas, so I can understand why they don´t tease the next big thing (especially as Chiapas just opened this season - I´m quite sure the first teaser will come during winter opening).

Yes, I mean the tunnel. But there were some changes recently:

On the left hand side, there are six footers visible, each have the typical big "screws" sticking out. On the right hand side, at the far end of the concrete wall, there are two supports with (I think) 8 "screws" sticking out.

I´ll send you a pm

No, that won´t make sense. The Pit they dug there is by far not wide enough to have a station sitting there. So it´s either a tunnel or a launch. Plus, setting the station right in the middle of the new sector does not make sense at all. And you would have foundations poured all over the pit, not just two walls, the station needs to sit on a foundation aswell...

He edited his post, there was no picture before ^^ So just a missunderstanding, i went there too and didnt see those ones.

Could it be that premier rides is going to built there a coaster? Cause they were posting this a few hours ago on facebook ^^... or it was a normal visit caused by the EAS, lol xD Was the only picture wich they had shown there from the tour.

One of the #EAS2014 post tour highlights was the visit to @phantasialand ...

10308159_794319900610530_647715228793157020_n.jpg?oh=94d40a0791fe63240ac74450bb06f553&oe=54C32149&__gda__=1421552500_264bdfff1df9b03f09bcdd660196e139

• 3 weeks later...

EXPANSION MYSTERY AREA - HERE IS THE NAME OF IT

KLUGHEIM

It's translated from german like a little ville with a lot of intelligent people.

Like the Professor at "Mystery Castle", it could be possible, that the theming have something to do with "mystic" innoventions.