TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Getting a little frustrated now. I don't understand why they have to keep us in the dark about 2015 this long now. We all know that it's going to be a waterpark expansion, so they might as well just tell us .

Although, most other CF parks haven't announced plans yet either.

Edited by VF15

^ Exactly. Then we can praise or complain about it depending on what the announcement brings. And when we are done with that we can squarely focus on what will become the new #1 need of the park which will be a new coaster. Then we will speculate, complain and come up with some real stupid ideas while having some fun.

Read on Screamscape that there's a possibility that Michigan's Adventure could receive a Chance Hyper-GTX (Lightning Run (KK)-style coaster) in 2016. If that's true, then my idea a few pages back might be more of a possibility than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't be against having one come to Valleyfair at all, as they sound intense and airtime-filled. Yeah, they have a pretty cheap pricetag, and they don't go have inversions, but I'll sure as heck take one of those over a Boomerang or an SLC.

Edited by VF15

I hope it happens today or sometime before Haunt. I mean, yeah, we almost for sure know it'll be a Waterpark expansion, but I wanna know EXACTLY what it is. I'm so impatient

On a sadder note, I can't make it to Haunt opening or closing weekend like I was planning

It will happen before Haunt for sure. GM Dave Frasier said the announcement will happen before or on the 17th. I am impatient now also, I want to know all the details especially since GM Dave also said there would be demolition in September so we know there will be at least one serious change to the water park.

With you not making Haunt opening weekend who is going to post a review on all the new stuff and changes this year?

I hope it happens today or sometime before Haunt. I mean, yeah, we almost for sure know it'll be a Waterpark expansion, but I wanna know EXACTLY what it is. I'm so impatient

On a sadder note, I can't make it to Haunt opening or closing weekend like I was planning

It will happen before Haunt for sure. GM Dave Frasier said the announcement will happen before or on the 17th. I am impatient now also, I want to know all the details especially since GM Dave also said there would be demolition in September so we know there will be at least one serious change to the water park.

With you not making Haunt opening weekend who is going to post a review on all the new stuff and changes this year?

I plan on going the 27th, so I could write a blog post about that night then, otherwise I may go the 21st and write Live E reviews too. Or I might ditch my plans on the 20th (it's a school dance), or leave it early for Haunt. Kinda bummed I can't make it, although I won't be able to point out TOO many changes, because I've never really experienced all of Haunt (I was too chicken), but I will write a blog post on everything as soon as I end up going (and I'm sure I will write a few).

Read on Screamscape that there's a possibility that Michigan's Adventure could receive a Chance Hyper-GTX (Lightning Run (KK)-style coaster) in 2016. If that's true, then my idea a few pages back might be more of a possibility than I originally anticipated. I wouldn't be against having one come to Valleyfair at all, as they sound intense and airtime-filled. Yeah, they have a pretty cheap pricetag, and they don't go have inversions, but I'll sure as heck take one of those over a Boomerang or an SLC.

No, No, No. VF needs a B&M ... something that is top tier (not CP or KI top of the line), but some thing that isn't a "on the cheap" coaster. A B&M invert is what VF needs!

No, No, No. VF needs a B&M ... something that is top tier (not CP or KI top of the line), but some thing that isn't a "on the cheap" coaster. A B&M invert is what VF needs!

You wouldn't be happy over a custom SLC with the new trains and vest style otsr's?

Regardless of when it is announced, here are my final predictions:

-A Snake Pit-like slide package from White Water West going in the old IMAX spot.

-Racing slides (Dragster H20-ish) or a Tornado/Funnel-type slide (like what CW is getting) in the old Hydroblaster spot.

-A brand-new children's play area that would remove the current one to make way for it.

If we end up getting stuff in the neighborhood that I mentioned above, that might be enough to say we can possibly dream about a B&M.

Also, I don't think this will happen, but it would be nice if the existing slides could get a fresh coast of paint.

I agree completely, but in the event that Cedar Fair decides to keep treating Valleyfair like the red-headed stepchild of the chain, I think that a Chance Hyper-GTX would give the park a good bang for their buck.

IM SO EXCITED I COULD PEE MYSELF

Okay, not really. But seriously. Can't wait. I was telling my parents they would do it tomorrow. I just had a feeling. Anyways... Did anyone see the email about everything and for Haunt about the Skeleton Key? It sounds a lot more intense than past parks, considering you have to sign a waiver.. Hmm. Might be something to check out if I can actually find someone willing to do it with me.

Im not sure about skeleton key, I'm not sure if i would pay to get into uncomfortable situations. Isn't that pretty much school? Im going to an employee event this sunday which allows us to go through the mazes before it opens to the public. Full dress rehearsals. Im not sure if we will be able to experience skeleton key, we'll see! Ill give you guys a full report on the mazes. Ive already been into a portion of hillside (my manager wanted me to relay a message to a guy in the depths of hillside) and let me say it looks amazing! Very claustrophobic at times! I'm very excited for sunday

Im not sure about skeleton key, I'm not sure if i would pay to get into uncomfortable situations. Isn't that pretty much school? Im going to an employee event this sunday which allows us to go through the mazes before it opens to the public. Full dress rehearsals. Im not sure if we will be able to experience skeleton key, we'll see! Ill give you guys a full report on the mazes. Ive already been into a portion of hillside (my manager wanted me to relay a message to a guy in the depths of hillside) and let me say it looks amazing! Very claustrophobic at times! I'm very excited for sunday
Awesome, yes!! Please do review the mazes, and let me know if you get to do Skeleton Key! As bad as it sounds, I really want to do it, but I don't want it to be a let down. With Haunt approaching so quickly, I'm so bummed I can't make it Opening Weekend. Stupid homecoming dance.

Uh oh, they didn't say anything about 2015 in the announcement of the announcement. If I learned one thing from Cedar Point, it means they won't actually announce anything.

Eh, I trust that the park is announcing it's 2015 addition tomorrow. Cedar Point is a totally different animal compared to Valleyfair.

Whatever is being announced tomorrow, I hope that at least part of it includes thrilling waterslides because 2007 was the last year something thrilling was added to this park. It's our turn to get something this time.

This is the second year in a row that they've announced on the second Thursday of September, I guess that's their day now. But unfortunately no one thought to look ahead and realize that it would someday land on the 11th.

Regardless of when it is announced, here are my final predictions:

-A Snake Pit-like slide package from White Water West going in the old IMAX spot.

-Racing slides (Dragster H20-ish) or a Tornado/Funnel-type slide (like what CW is getting) in the old Hydroblaster spot.

-A brand-new children's play area that would remove the current one to make way for it.

I'm definitely excited to see what White Water West does for us. I'm hoping they've splurged and ordered an Aqualoop from them... sure they're a bit silly, but a looping waterslide has presence like nothing else. An installation like this one or this one would look great in future advertisements.