TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Tallest beyond vertical drop in the world?

In Utah?

I'll be damned.

It actually won't be. Hansa Park is building a beyond vertical drop at 235 (ish?) ft.
Will of be steeper than 116 Degrees?
I thought Hansa's new coaster would have a beyond vertical drop, but it's only saying vertical. I guess we do take a world record!

EDIT: I just updated my information post with some renderings of the ride and a clear view of the water feature. It doesn't show everything as they have a part they want to keep a surprise, but I noticed what is a barrel roll into another barrel roll rotating the other way. I have not seen any information on it, as nothing was released about this element, but it's interesting to say the least. Also, wouldn't it bring the inversion count to 4? I still don't see the 140 ft. "Inverted loop" which was released, and the dive loop is shown, so that's already two and these barrel rolls look to be two more inversions.

This is probably the most bizarre and unique coaster since Winjas. New style of track, new style of trains, crazy giant tower, secret to-be-revealed element (new inversion? elevator drop in the tower?)... I'm intrigued! Looks like a Utah 2015 trip is in order.

^ Your placement is dumb.

From inside the park the view of the ferris wheel won't be obstructed at all. From outside the park along I-15, yeah, it will be, but at the time of night when the lights are visible I highly doubt anyone is gonna be spending the coin to come in, anyway. A giant yellow coaster does much more to generate interest in a park than a ferris wheel.

^ Your placement is dumb.

From inside the park the view of the ferris wheel won't be obstructed at all. From outside the park along I-15, yeah, it will be, but at the time of night when the lights are visible I highly doubt anyone is gonna be spending the coin to come in, anyway. A giant yellow coaster does much more to generate interest in a park than a ferris wheel.

Red coaster. It will be red

I was wondering why this thread looked so active yesterday. Oh, the ride was officially announced. Duh.

Definitely sounds intriguing, and I'm always glad for more inventiveness in the realm of hypercoasters. I'm now happy I was "able" to wait to visit the park, even though I would've jumped at the chance to go even in past years.

I'm a little weirded out by "Cannibal" really being the name, but at least it's getting people talking, and the purported explanation for it is cute.

I'm a little weirded out by "Cannibal" really being the name, but at least it's getting people talking, and the purported explanation for it is cute.

With the awesome jungle theming, I think they could have done better with the name and logo (and I think I'm probably in the minority on that), but considering that those don't affect the ride experience at all I really don't care.

And yes, the track is red. They've had the red track on site for quite a while. I drove past Lagoon today to see the stacked towers and took this picture too.

IMG_2537.thumb.JPG.da967b57525645e9467e365fa3431cf0.JPG

Red track in the field North of Lagoon

Not to mention the red track already in place through the station and in the underground tunnel. I know this isn't really a debate since the yellow track is only in the rendering for the software, just providing the picture/info.

The tower design does look kind of bizzare, and the placement may be unfortunate, but nether-the-less this is probably the most interesting coaster project of 2015. I'm actually thinking about putting Lagoon on my schedule for 2016 even though there's literally nothing around it. I guess I could lump it into a yellowstone trip?

I feel like the renderings don't do a good job of actually showing the track layout. Judging from the looks of the theming concept pieces, there's a whole other section of track away from the tower we aren't seeing yet.

This project has the potential to be one of the best new rides of next year. But then again, the fact that they aren't working with any well-known manufacturer makes me a little scary. I just think it is somewhat strange that Lagoon chose to do the project all on their own instead of going to a manufacturer such as Intamin, Mack, Gerstlauer, or even Vekoma. I'm really intrigued and wish them the best with this, though. Like I said, it does have the potential to be spectacular.

Has anything been announced about the trains? Does anyone think they will be built in-house as well?

As far as I know, not much at all has been said about the trains. Just that there will be 12 riders per train. I'm thinking they will be similar to Wicked and be 2 rows of 6 or 3 rows of 4.

Bombora was also an in-house job, and it seems to be doing them well, so I have faith in Lagoon for going all the way with Cannibal. Looks like it will be pretty awesome!

Seems like a great replacement for the Top Eliminator dragsters...wonder if a certain Kentucky park with said dragsters would be interested in following suit?

Bombora was also an in-house job, and it seems to be doing them well, so I have faith in Lagoon for going all the way with Cannibal. Looks like it will be pretty awesome!

Not trying to sound negative, but Bombora is a kiddie coaster. Totally different than a hyper coaster with a beyond vertical drop, three inversions, and an elevator lift hill.

I do wish there was better concept art, though. Will the lift hill and drop be totally enclosed inside the tower, or will it be outside the tower?