TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^ I had the same initial thought of it being a Screamin’ Swing, but the space where the video was shot would be tight I think. The only Screamin’ Swing I’ve been on is Barnstormer at Dollywood, which is 81ft tall and very fun. We definitely need more flats, so I would be happy with a Screamin’ Swing if they can make it fit nicely.

Does anyone think that this could be something along the lines of firechaser express at dollywood or maybe an Intamin mega lite, what about a launched roller coaster that dosent use a lot of power or maybe even an el loco that has been customly (if that's a word) sized for the park?

I like the Aqualoop idea. Wikipedia lists them as about 56ft tall, so I suppose the height range is in the ballpark. I would hope if this was a Hurricane Harbor expansion that it would be more than just a slide or two though. A solid lazy river would be really nice.

Agree on the lazy river. Love relaxing in them at parks to cool off!!!

Ugh I feel bad for any park who gets a Super Loop next year. They look amazing, but the ride experience is one of the worst flat rides in existence. The hang time with the horrible OTSRs is terrible.

That's funny--I found Fireball at Castle Park (Riverside, CA) to be loads of fun! The OTSRs weren't all that bad either.

The Larson Ring of Fire rides are one of my carnival favorites with those big ole' cushy lap bars. But if these are even as good as the looping Starship then that works. Another flat ride is good for the park and it largely replaces wheelie. I only have two hopes:

1. Don't bulldoze all the trees and shade around Acrophobia/Mine Train for this ride.

2. Puhleeeze don't market this as a "new coaster". Give us a break.

Well - even though I am still "distraught" at the loss of the Wheelie - at least they are putting in a thrilling flat ride. I know people will piss and moan that it isn't the latest face-meltingly-fast-airtime-machine, but I think everyone that has been there can agree that they REALLY needed to work more on their flat collection in the dry-park.

I do hope that if it is Joker themed - it goes in Gotham City where it belongs and not over near the Mine Train.

I do hope that if it is Joker themed - it goes in Gotham City where it belongs and not over near the Mine Train.

Agreed. I suppose I'm an SFOG purist, but that section of the park is so beautiful to me.I feel like any addition near the Mine Train would detract from an area of the park that helps set it apart from other ones in the chain. Though, you will not hear me complain about Acrophobia...

As for me, bring on the flats. A well-rounded park is better than a lopsided park.

Agreed. I suppose I'm an SFOG purist, but that section of the park is so beautiful to me.I feel like any addition near the Mine Train would detract from an area of the park that helps set it apart from other ones in the chain. Though, you will not hear me complain about Acrophobia...

As for me, bring on the flats. A well-rounded park is better than a lopsided park.

Flats would be great if they hadn't neglected the coaster collection so much in recent years. With the exception of Deja Vu in 2001 (and we all know how well that turned out), SFOG had been adding coasters every 2-3 years since 1990. But since Goliath in 2006, all we've gotten has been a Eurofighter in 2011, which to me isn't all that great. It's hard to not be jealous of all the other SF parks with launched coasters or RMC creations, etc.

Ugh I feel bad for any park who gets a Super Loop next year. They look amazing, but the ride experience is one of the worst flat rides in existence. The hang time with the horrible OTSRs is terrible.

Yeah, my park is one of those. Not happy at all. Wouldn't have been so bad if it were part of a package of rides.

Coming in 2015: It’s epic. It’s chaotic. It’s devious. And, it’s waiting for you and 23 other riders! It’s the all-new THE JOKER Chaos Coaster. Experience the insanity of facing off against one another and rocking back and forth through seven stories of looping mayhem. It may seem like the madness is slowing down, but you are about to be thrown for a loop, upside down, 72 feet in the air. And, it’s not over yet. Get ready to be sent in the opposite direction for even more looping havoc.

If twists and turns are more to your liking, get ready for a thrill by spinning through an adventure bigger than ever before on the all-new Harley Quinn Spinsanity. Hop on this classic ride with your entire family with a new twist, as you challenge other riders to see who succeeds to spin around the most then stand up without feeling dizzy.

The new THE JOKER Chaos Coaster and Harley Quinn Spinsanity will be located in the Gotham City area of the park along with the likes of BATMAN: The Ride, Mind Bender and more!

THE JOKER Chaos Coaster and Harley Quinn Spinsanity will transform the iconic and guest popular Gotham City section of the park in 2015. The park’s 12th roller coaster will pit you against 19 other riders as you rocket up and down the sides of the seven story roller coaster before ending up suspended at the top looking straight down at the ground. Harley Quinn Spinsanity will spin, twist and roll you and your family each time you take on Gotham City’s second newest challenge.

Facts: THE JOKER Chaos Coaster

Twenty rides will start by “facing-off” against each other

Rocket up to seven stories high, forward and backwards through a bedlam of loops

Hang in peril, upside down at 72 feet high before the coaster releases you to even more loops of mayhem

The coaster is set the guest-popular BATMAN™: The Ride and Mind Bender roller coasters in Gotham City

Facts: Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Spin-sanity rules on this classic ride experience

Twist, spin and roll around a cycle of fun in Gotham City’s newest challenge

Riders spin around as many times as they can handle, as fast as they can handle as the seven cars rotate around the circular track

The ultimate ride to experience with your family to create new memories that will last a lifetime

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/attractions/jokers-chaos/overview

the_joker_chaos_coaster_sfog_key_art_0.thumb.jpg.5946489ab039ce31097a218773cba3a1.jpg

Edited by robbalvey