TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Doctor Who

Atter

My DVR freaked out on Saturday, and did not record that special. It did record the History of Science Fiction, and I did like that.

I have the companion special set to record on it's re-run, and will probably watch it, despite your poor review. Maybe like a train wreck, I just have to watch.

I am also recording the other one, and will watch when I return from my business trip. Looking very forward to Saturday, and the new season.

if you're a fan, you HAVE to watch it.

but let us know what you think. I've enjoyed all the other specials, even tho they focused mainly on "reboot" Doctor Who (post 96) for the most part.

but this one had me excited since they had the 5th Doctor HOSTING!. . I'm hoping the episode from last night with talking to the writers will be better.

and we loved the 4 part History of SciFi and couldn't figure out why they only showed 3 of the 4 episodes (they held the one from last night for months). . .having seen it now?. . . it's because they wanted to tie it into the Doctor Who premiere next week. Makes sense now

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA, I actually wrote an e-mail to BBC America asking why they did not air the 4th episode back then. They were kind enough to reply saying they were happy that I was enjoying the series, and they would be airing the 4th episode at a "later time". Then they promoted some other shows.

I actually did predict back then that it would air when the Doctor premiered, so I was only off a week. I thought it would be a great lead in. This was the best of the four, IMHO.

I do burn a bit that the old school Doctors don't get much love on BBC A. Why, oh why, wont they show repeats of that as well? And....they are airing every (seems) Tennant and Smith episode this week, but not Eccleston?? I know he was only on for one season..but let's give credit where credit is due. If his shows were not any good, would they have renewed it?? Would America even know who Tennant and Smith are?? I really did like the Eccleston episodes.

*Rant over. Do not trip over the soap box when exiting the theater*

^Sorry, I didn't realize titles would be a spoiler. I edited the post to warn that the titles could be considered spoilers.

I know. Thanks for the spoiler alert for that. Titles of episodes can always allude to something

in the main plot of a series. Other times, you just don't know....

That's okay. It all starts Saturday, here.

It always takes me a few episodes to warm up to New Doctor's (except Tennant for some reason.)

This guy seems great though and I love Clara. He seems like a "sadder" Doctor and I kind of felt sorry for him this episode.

DVR set to record!

^ That was totally freeky! Once the bot-guy died, I thought that was it. Trust Dr.W, lol.

And who knows? This could be something that might be part of a future episode.

I also got a kick out of how The Doctor, phoned from the past, for Clara, to push her to help

...uh....The Doctor out.

And I actually enjoyed how Capaldi slowly changed and evolved, for the better, through

the episode. By the end of it, he was all tidy, got trust back from Clara...and off they went, lol!

This post is Spoilery, soooo.... be warned. I was on the fence with Capaldi through most the episode, and overall I didn't care for the story (I'm never a huge fan of the Victorian era episodes except The Snowmen). My biggest issue was with how distant he seemed from Clara (who is one of my favorite companions). But as the show progressed and they started to show that he really is the same doctor, just getting a feel for his new body, I started to come around. Then by the end where he still wasn't quite sure of the kind of guy he was and Clara was basically just telling him to get over it if he didn't like it, that was golden.

Favorite parts:

-11, he's always taken the cake as my favorite (sorry guys, I liked Tennant but he was never my favorite), and though I'm open to someone taking that position, he's always going to be a top choice for me. Loved seeing him in it. And man did it give you the Feels.

-The Doctor's quip about missing having Amy around.

-The Doctor's psychotic episode with the homeless guy.

-Strax... May I take your hat?

-Jenny looking all hot for no reason.

-Vastra being attracted to Clara when she got pissed off and yelled at her, and then subsequently flirting with her throughout the episode.

Overall, looking forward to the season, I think it was a great start.

• 1 month later...

I love Doctor Who! I have a few theories about this Missy character. First off, let's refer back to the "Time Heist" episode. The Doctor rarely gives out his number to anyone period. Yet in "The Bells Of Saint John", we see that someone gave Clara his number. Now with buzz going on about "The Bells Of Saint John" episode and I have already been into it since that episode, here are a few of my theories:

1. River Song: Yes, old River is back, but is still in the "Library". You see, she has manipulated the system into extracting those who were in some sort of contact with The Doctor and is using it to eventually meet up with him.

2. The Master: This was one of those odd theories that I had pertaining to him and what could of happened. He could have come in contact with The Library or something of another sort to bring him almost back to life in a new form. This new form could very well be a new regeneration. Why a woman? This could be a coding element simply enough, or better yet possibly a regeneration trait? With 10-11's regen, 11 briefly states "I'm a girl?!", so that is a possibility.

3. The Doctor 2: In a few previous episodes it was stated that there are parallel universes and pocket universes. That would mean one could have an opposite in another universe, possibly who Missy is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm bringing back this thread because I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. I'm probably one of the only TPR members who has seen every singe serial/episode of Doctor Who. My favorite doctors in order are 3,9,6,12. If anyone has any questions about the show feel free to ask and I should be able to answer.

I read that John Barrowman is taking over the reins. I personally love him and look forward to seeing what he does.

Anyone know when the next season starts?

Huh? What have you read about Captain Jack?

The next season starts this fall. No date has been set, but filming is happening as we speak.

• 2 months later...

They are doing a SuperHeros exhibit at our annual fair, The PNE (open now).

But all I could find on display was this, to do with The Doctor. And it's

basically just a 'tunnel' to walk through to other exhibits. Nothing really

inside it. They did have some Dr.Who Stuff in their souvenirs shop.

IMG_7900.JPG.9b87b6e4bb43ad728531b0405a29073e.JPG

OMG it's a walk through Tardis!

IMG_7907.JPG.e8a4afdffedd2c732a357d84ccb6a6e9.JPG

Some of the stuff available to buy.

I checked the exhibit again yesterday, just to make sure I hadn't overlooked some Dr.Who stuff on display.

Sadly, once I walked through the Tardis, it was just another bunch of multiple displays....and the 1/2 Batmobile.

Boo.

IMG_7934.JPG.59b241bae632444ab34990923781131a.JPG

Went through it - and nothing. )o: