TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your City's Skyline

• 1 month later...

I hiked up to the top of the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway the other day to take this pic.

14870117874_fb5c27d20d_c.jpg

I haven't ever ridden the Incline Railway, because I can't count it as a credit. I'm sure it still has more airtime than Mean Streak, though.

7587273072_dbb2c5b36f_z.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My city is so small we barely even have a skyline, but Mobile, Alabama (a.k.a. "People who think they saw a Leprechaun viral video city"), which is just 45 minutes away from me, has a rather small, but very nice skyline (and is a very good city). They have the tallest building in Alabama, and the same building is also the tallest building on the Gulf Coast outside of Houston.

EDIT: Moving here soon.

This was taken during the 2013 Mardi Gras season, Mobile was actually where Mardi Gras first started in 1703

Edited by YOLO

^ Interesting building on the left, there. Is the top of it purely ornamental, or

is there some actual task it does, or is composed of? Great Mardi Gras shot, too!

Ah, St. Louis. A city filled with corruption, fragmentation, pollution, declining population, abandonment, idiots, racism, tornadoes, floods, no building taller than 600 ft., and an overall lack of competence. But, hey, at least we have the Arch!

In all seriousness, it is a great, albeit frustrating, lazy, and stupid city.

EDIT: Seeing that this picture has already been posted, here is a few more:

A bit blurry, but its a good shot of the city.

Our light rail system, with the Arch in the background.

Our empty, starved downtown. (Seriously, every significant business has left downtown)

^^^^ As a former native Alabamian, I really had no idea that Mobile has the tallest architecture in the state. Interesting...are you sure of that? Nice pic! I used to visit there often to see my kin. The city looks great at night from across the bay at Fairhope.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My town's tallest building is a two-story home, so here's the skyline of the city where I work: Springfield, Missouri. The black skyscraper is the John Q. Hammons Tower, the tallest building in the city at 22 stories and named for the Mr. Burns of our Springfield, a hotel magnate. Most of the rest of these buildings are dorms for Missouri State University.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^ Interesting building on the left, there. Is the top of it purely ornamental, or

is there some actual task it does, or is composed of? Great Mardi Gras shot, too!

Sorry I am so late to respond, but yes, it is purely ornamental. It used to not have the top on it before the RSA Tower (tallest building to the right) was built in 2007.

[/This was the building to the left before RSA Tower]

This was the building to the left JUST after the RSA Tower

Mobile_Alabama_skyline_2007_narrow_art.jpg

They added the spire simply so it wouldn't look like a tacky skyline.

Separate from your question, I don't think I posted a good enough picture of the skyline as it only showed 3 buildings, so I'll post another one