TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sea World (Australia) Wild, Polar Bear Cub & Storm Update

I took a ride on Storm yesterday, and really I think other people have summed up the ride generally. The wait time was around 20 minutes and the staff were running the ride very efficiently with a boat leaving about every 40 seconds. I do kind of wish the ride itself did go for a bit longer considering the ride it replaced went for a good 7 minutes.

The ride itself is pretty good without being too scary which really is a perfect fit for Sea World. The ride will be better once the fire effects are up and running but it's a overall very solid attraction and just pure fun. Also, if your sitting in the back seat prepare to get SOAKED. This is the only ride that a few hours later I decided to throw out my socks and buy a new pair as they were just destroyed by the Mack gods! I really do hope that these rides take off more as they are awesome!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

Looks like the old Arrow ride Sea Viper won't open up again.

10465527_10154360384480582_6724495279423365691_o.jpg

Sea Viper is being retired after bringing thrills to Sea World’s guests for 32 years. Sea World is constantly exploring new attractions like the $21M Storm Coaster which opened in December, and there are several new and exciting options in the pipeline...

Source

I would not rate this as a big loss, as the old Arrow Corkscrews have become pretty painful over the years. I'm curious to see what the park has in mind to replace Sea Viper.

Not the worst ride I've ever been on, but far from the best.

• 2 weeks later...

It is surprising to see the ride retired so soon after the Sea Viper upgrades were completed. I wonder what must have changed in the four years to make the ride less capable/reasonable to operate now than it was when the upgrades first happened.

Not sad or surprised to see this one go. Unpopular ride with maintenance issues taking up a chunk of land in a park that's very tight for space. They were literally storing pieces of old rides underneath the lift hill, and it is the least family-friendly ride in a park that is aimed at a younger audience. I'm sure whatever it's replaced with will be better, no question.