TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I just talked to one of the people at worlds of fun, and they said steel hawk was officially delayed because lf weather and that every day weather troubles them it's sets them back three more days. Hmmm that's not very good considering it's supposed to storm basically every others day for the next week or so

I will be in Kansas City next work for work and plan on hitting WoF either Monday or Thursday. Any ideas as to the crowds either day? Are schools out in the KC area or will there be bus loads of school kids next week? I may go after my meetings (5:00pm) or spend the entire day there, so any advice regarding ways to maximize my coaster ride time and avoid the crowds would be appreciated. (Note I normally do not spring for a FAST Lane pass).

Thanks in advance!

I will be in Kansas City next work for work and plan on hitting WoF either Monday or Thursday. Any ideas as to the crowds either day? Are schools out in the KC area or will there be bus loads of school kids next week? I may go after my meetings (5:00pm) or spend the entire day there, so any advice regarding ways to maximize my coaster ride time and avoid the crowds would be appreciated. (Note I normally do not spring for a FAST Lane pass).

Thanks in advance!

School is out here in KC as far as crowds, it will depend on the weather.

I just went to worlds of fun yesterday and here is what I noticed.

- for this whole year timberwolf has not been using the trims at all. The ride is actually very good now, still a bit rough though.

- Mamba's mid course brakes were on very hard

-steelhawk was doing some very extensive tests. They were raising it up and down the tower all day. I think we could be close to an opening

-prowler was great, though the first drop is getting quite rough

-Patriot was running extremely well. Smooth as butter. It also felt like it was running extremely fast., it was actually quite forceful.

-Boomerang Sucks

-the new slides at oceans(well new last year) were really painful last year, well the body slides were. But they were pretty good now. Tube ones were still awesome

- The water was FREEZING in oceans.

I was there yesterday also for the first time this season and I've noticed most of those things. Other things I've noticed was that Prowler was running really well. My mind was blown. It has days where it just isn't as impressive as usual. That was not one of those days.

Europa is in desperate need of a facelift, I feel that it is definitely one of the most bland parts of the park.

Timberwolf didn't seem as rough as usual, not smooth but not as bad as usual.

Those new TVS are actually kinda entertaining.

Boomerang made me want to find a corner and cry

Visited WoF last Thursday and really enjoyed the park. Used my Platinum Pass at the gate without issue. (Every other CF park I have attempted to use my Platinum Pass at this year has resulted in my being stopped at the gate and directed to Customer Service where I have to wait in line to have them confirm the validity of the pass on the computer.) I arrived around 12:30pm. It had been raining earlier in the morning so the crowds were fairly light. All the coasters were running one train, but waits were only one cycle, unless a front seat ride was desired.

First stop was Patriot, which I found to be a typical B&M, giving some pretty smooth rides. Next I hit Timber Wolf. I discounted the warning signs about extreme josteling and headed to the last seat of the train. I usually have my hands up from the first drop to the brake run, but not so on this ride. I felt like one of those paint cans being mixed at Home Depot. Now I knew why those signs were there. No second ride for me on this thing, needed to let me bones recover.

Headed over to Mamba next. Really enjoyed this ride. Reminded me of Superman at SFA outside of DC. Smooth, decent air time and great first drop. Rode this several times and liked the front seat a little more than the back, but overall a great ride. I went to Africa next. Boomerang was down (and did not reopen during my visit). Prowler is a nice GCI woodie. Really enjoyed several rides on this coaster. Did not stay late enough to experience night rides, but I imagine those would be a blast.

After I spent a fair amount of time riding Prowler and I backtracked hitting Mamba for a few more rides. I then hit Cyclone Sam's. I don't usually ride flats unless my daughter or friends force me to, but based on what I read on TPR, decided to give it a try and enjoyed it. It is a unique ride and I would ride it again. Decided to hit Timber Wolf again, and rode the front this time. My ride wasn't as bad in the front and I actually liked it, was not josteled nearly as much. Got a few more rides on Patriot and then hit Spinning Dragons. This ride had the longest line of the day, with a 15 minute wait. It looked like they were only operating 3 cars, which made for the longer waits. Being a single rider, I quickly moved up front. Had a pretty cool ride on this coaster and enjoyed watching the kid across from me ride his first coaster, according to his dad. When the ride was done, the kid asked to ride Mamba, and he was pretty disappointed when his dad told him he wasn't big enough yet!

Really enjoyed my visit to WoF. Was able to ride everything I wanted to several times in the 4 hours or so I spent there. Like the shaded areas. Hopefully, CF will spend money on improvements and get rid of the asphalt eventually, like at other CF parks. But it was definitely worth the $3.00 round trip bus fare from downtown KC and I will visit again if I am in the area.