Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby leviathandude306 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 am

^Well, maybe I can try to at least shift the speculation to a different topic.

According to users on CWMania, the supports that showed up for the waterslide may not be waterskide supports at all. Some pics show them arranged in a truss/triangle formation (something not seen on waterslides). There is also a large ammount of dirt being moved around near Minebuster

Like a few of the users on CWMania, I believe this is for something bigger for 2015 or 16, , like some kind of coaster or flat.

Increasing the sense that something's up, I would post pics from CW mania on this thread to show what's going on, but I can't, as the site's been down pretty much since the rumours of a coaster started flying... Strange, my guess, the park did something , due to someone unknowingly leaking their new ride, or more likely, when this started up, the mods knew that Cw would be watching the site closely, as CWmania is planning WMG event, and didn't want the park POed @ them.

Either way, something's up... Not just WMG... LET THE 2015 RMOURS BEGIN!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 am

^That's rediculous. The site is down due to switching servers. It will be back up ASAP.

A pile of dirt has been on the south side of Minebuster for at least a season or two. It does appear as though there has been more dirt moved there recently.

And the blue/orange structure seen being built in the parking lot is not for a 2015 or 2016 attraction.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby julioot » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 am

^^ Very Unlikely.

Those parts are on the main parkinglot where anyone could be making photos of it. I very much doubt Wonderland is in the buisiness of getting sites pulled from the interwebs. If there would be any problems posting those pictures, CWmania could have simply pulled those from the site.

I realy don't see any reason to think that those supports are for a new ride. Parts of slides have been showing up through the winter so most likely it will have something to do with those. But I also could see them building a giant sign with adds, since the park is so close to a highway. From the pictures i have seen of the triangular support structure, this could very well be a option.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 am

kunpc1 wrote:And the blue/orange structure seen being built in the parking lot is not for a 2015 or 2016 attraction.

By "attraction" do you mean just "ride" or both "ride" and "water slide"?

And are you suggesting this is for 2017????? :lmao:

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:24 pm

As I was coming home from work this morning, I heard a Wonderland commercial on the radio and they were promoting season passes. They mentioned Guardian but also a triple drop waterslide in Splashworks (our waterpark). Our waterpark currently does not have a triple drop waterslide, so this may be the new slide from nearby Ontario Place that has been seen at the park.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby leviathandude306 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:35 pm

^Isn't the Plunge a tripple drop slide?

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Yes, Leviathan, but the radio ad said NEW triple drop waterslide.

Postby Dom497 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't know what Wonderland is advertising a "drop" as but the slide at Ontario Place didn't have 3 big (or even small) drops...just some "dips"....

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:59 pm

I believe there were three drops into three funnels.

Postby Dom497 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 pm

That's what I mean by "dips"....those aren't drops at all......

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!