TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

^But Oblivion's drop is 180 ft tall, much more than this will be.

Right that's true. I was just thinking of the actual height of the ride.

Still by dutch standarts this is a high rollercoaster. Goliath is concidered to be huge around here.

Yay! More new credits for the 2016 TPR Europe Tour!

If (and I say IF) China is on the 2016 Tour List, as well as this tour....

Such a decision I will have to - wait - DISNEY!!! THREE RESORTS!!! ALL IN ASIA!!!

Fixed that nonsense in my head, I did.

But still. Efteling is one of my fave parks in Europe....

I heard a small rumor about the place of the new coaster. Note it's a rumor but apparently they build it behind VH, Interesting place if you ask me.

Source image and rumor. Rumored place.

Anyway I have calmed down after the news (I was just so happy about the first B&M so close at home), I started to wonder: how about the tree top hight limit the park has? Wonder how they're going around that. (Like Oblivion or build a raise the ground or have an agreement.) I'm looking forward to 2015 more and more.

I think a visit this winter to check out constrution is needed.

Basically what they said is that it will turn out more as a coaster than Krake and will be longer (though even 1 meter can be count as longer)

On Dutch coaster fora you already see people take the park map and draw sections with possible locations, some could turn out very nice.

But locations which have been rumored by various sites are all denied by Efteling as of yet.

Latest rumor is that it will feature at least 1 inversion + floorless trains.

Am just stoked what they will create and what tale and environment they will put it in.

"Small Diver with Immelman and EXTRA Bayerncurve"

Maybe they got some cold feet after the problems they had with VH as they mostly tried something unique and new in the past. With Python - prototype Vekoma MK-1200, Joris - first euro dueling woodie and VH - prototype KumBak watercoaster. So I am a little disappointed they play it very safe now - hopefully saved by a darkride part before and during the lift as well as before the station.

"Small Diver with Immelman and EXTRA Bayerncurve"

Maybe they got some cold feet after the problems they had with VH as they mostly tried something unique and new in the past. With Python - prototype Vekoma MK-1200, Joris - first euro dueling woodie and VH - prototype KumBak watercoaster. So I am a little disappointed they play it very safe now - hopefully saved by a darkride part before and during the lift as well as before the station.

Nobody can blame them by taking the more safe ride this time.

When you saw how many issues they had with VH and the costs which increased dramatically.

And they still have Hartenhof which they mentioned is still scheduled to be done before 2020.

Still I hope they will create something unique around the ride or even a unique layout.

^But Oblivion's drop is 180 ft tall, much more than this will be.

Yes, but it's only around 90ft above ground... Just lower than this new ride.. My guess is they pull an oblivion & build a tunnel.

I think the 37 meters, or something like that, refer to the height of the drop, right?

Just a question, is it officially confirmed it will be a B&M ride?

Well in a way yes. The spokesman of the park had an intervieuw with a fan site and when asked if B&M would build it he said that he couldn't bring such information out but someone who knows a thing or two on coastes would know that that wasn't a thing the could keep a secret. So ina a way he did confrim it.

Anyway lates rumors also speak that it would be 30 meters of the ground and a 7,5 meter deep tunnel at the end of the drop. So for me the rumors are very likely, I mean the park can't go over the tree line and all B&M dive coasers after sheikra always had a inversion and a floorless train, so not suprised if a splash comes to the ear eather.

Also very happy it would be somewhat longer than Krake, just need to see what they mean with somewhat, knowing the Efteling it could be 1 element.