TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's steel roller coaster poll 2013 !

Looks like a pretty solid group at the top.

I also agree that all the Mega Lites are better than Millennium Force (although I like that ride quite a bit, too).

Edited by cfc

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to see I305 staying up there, and I'm guessing the softer restraints on Skyrush may have changed some negative opinions. Also cool to see Shambhala stay in the top 10, usually B&M hypers debut high their first year, and then fall out.

To bad about Mirabilandia though!

New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, and Outlaw Run have all placed in their top 10 categories this year, that's an incredible 3 for 3 punch by RMC!! I'm sure we will be seeing some newcomers up there with Goliath, Medusa and Wildfire opening soon(ish). I must go to Texas and the Midwest and ride these!

And on the other end, Gatekeeper placed #108, and the highest Wing Coaster was ranked #106. Even the half a layout, Full Throttle placed #72.

Edited by chickenbowl

Very pleased to see Maverick continue its climb to the top. It looks like it's finally getting the praise it deserves making a statement this year. My 2 highest rated steel coasters finished 5 and 6 in the poll so glad to see them do well and me riding 2 of the best coasters in the world.

Also seeing Bizarro slip a little. I believe this is the first year it's been lower than #3 so that's also a big result. Did anybody notice Diamondback is in the 40s? Also I find it amazing TTD is ranked 18th and KK is 75th. I haven't ridden either but I feel like there's some CP bias there. 1 last thing, I'm not sure where X2 was last year but I feel like it moved up this year being 21st.

I think our ERT might have helped just a little bit haha.

No kidding, after that night is when Maveshark moved into my top 10.

I love seeing Ntag and Skyrush move up. Also love seeing Iron Rattler up that high.

Interesting Fav Vekoma Boomerang still scores so low - but many have not yet ridden one with Vekoma's new trains featuring the vest-style OTSR which are a BIG improvement.

Looking forward to riding many of the top coasters next year vacationing the US!

Also I find it amazing TTD is ranked 18th and KK is 75th. I haven't ridden either but I feel like there's some CP bias there.

TTD is a much more enjoyable ride than KK. Smoother and better restraints but it should not be that much higher than KK.

iSpeed dropped a few spots while losing quite a few match-ups by only a vote. I'm a huge fan of iSpeed and unfortunately couldn't find the time to vote this year. I'll apologize to iSpeed in person next time I'm at the park.

Edited by larrygator

Hahaha GateKeeper at #108 while Shambhala at #8, Sky Scrapper is at #19... Perfect prove that B&M does a better job outside of US.

What happened to iSpeed this year? From #8 to #20?

Wing coasters in general are hated by a lot of people here, not just American wing coasters.

Wing coasters in general are hated by a lot of people here, not just American wing coasters.

What is the reason you say that, being from Australia I'm very interested

Also what is the actual ranking purpose of the poll, I gather it is the coaster that you have the most fun on? Not the coaster that made you scared the most?

Sorry for the newb q's - first time I've heard if this poll

Leviathan at #13 and Millennium Force at #14. I have not been on Leviathan yet and I am surprised it beat Mille per all the reviews offered last year by riders on this site. Any comments from people who have been on both of them? Just curious.

Wow, that is an amazing top 7! Yay for NTAG moving up even with 1 less rider this year.

Can't wait to ride #1 in June!

^I prefer MF slightly, but they are both kinda spreadout and forcless. Night ERT on MF was a lot of fun this year though and the drop and last 2 airhills made up for it.

Amazing 7 ? Amazing 8 !!!

Shambalha is my favorite coaster since I rode it

Interesting results. Also surprised to see shambhala holding up in the top ten. I rode it last week and though it was much better than my first ride in July 2012, so I'll rank it higher next year (wasn't in my top 10 this year, actually). I wonder what happened to Ispeed.

By the way, how were the wing coasters in general? (I know gatekeeper was 108 but that's all)