Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

New mobile game for iOS and Android
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I'm the gyro!

Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

Postby DerekRx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:19 pm

As promised, following EA's success with The Simpson's: Tapped Out, Fox and Tiny Co have created a very similar Family Guy game. The game is very true to the Family Guy TV series and simple enough to figure out after a few minutes of play. It's not just a total rip off of Simpson's either, there are some new things and items to gather to complete tasks and unlock characters. Right now it looks like the only way to visit friends' towns is to log in via Facebook, but the game is pretty fun and amusing so far! It's free to download with in app purchases, so if you love Family Guy and want to run your own Quahog grab the game from the AppStore or Marketplace and join the fun!

Post if you're playing and share what you've discovered.
Last edited by DerekRx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:44 pm.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Site Admin

Re: Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 pm

I really do like it so far. Thanks for starting the thread Derek! Slightly 'harder' than the Simpsons which I think is a good thing. I'm not a fan that so far the only way to visit friends' towns is by being Facebook friends with them. I hope they change that somehow in the future.

Where is everyone at? I'm on Level 5 and waiting a few hours to get 'stuff' to unlock Bruce.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Currently at level 4 and just have been getting the hang of the game play today. I like that it's a bit more in depth as far as play goes than Simpsons. Of course with just starting and having a whole lot going on again it might just be something fresh and a lot of quick tasks and things overlapping making it interesting.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Currently midway on level 4, waiting on a cheeseburger to finish unlocking Jerome, building the Founding Father to give me Bruce, and Bonnie is twerking on the stripper pole. Enjoying the more challenging aspect of it, and the animations for all the tasks. Hopefully it continues with all the characters with their tasks instead of in TSTO where some characters just go in a building and that's that.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:54 pm

^I also noticed on the premium items it tells you before you buy if they're 'animated' or not. Classy move after one of the big complaints from TSTO.

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm playing and so far I like the extra level of quests required to complete the tasks. It adds a little more depth and potentially could help keep minor characters involved later in the game. I will say the dragging the task to the person may become tedious if you ever end up setting people on tasks while waiting for the next update.

I also managed to mess up the Facebook sign in on my game. I backed out of linking it to Facebook and now every time I try to log in, Consuela pops up and says no. :-( Right after I posted this, I checked in the "Help and Support" section of the Main Menu and it told me how to fix it.)
Wii!!! 7287 4939 6033 9301
3DS: 3780-9190-3313 (ACNL town name: Kiki)
Simpsons Tapped Out: uscoaster

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Currently playing myself. I think I'm level 3 or 4, not sure haha. It does seem harder than Simpsons, and I like that you have to do things in order to unlock characters. That's a big plus over TSTO.

I do agree with Elissa though, they need to have a feature where you can be "neighbors" with people that are not friends on FB or G+...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 am

bbomser wrote:I do agree with Elissa though, they need to have a feature where you can be "neighbors" with people that are not friends on FB or G+...

(Wearing my ex-game producers hat here)

You have to remember that EA has had Origin for YEARS (decades, even) - FOX/TinyCo doesn't have that kind of infrastructure. Their two options are using GameCenter (iOS Only) and a common platform between a wide variety of players (social media) where the masses are already familiar with this type of connection. (How many stupid Candy Crush invites do I get on Facebook???)

So as annoying as it may be, it makes sense. Developing a connectivity platform like Origin is almost as big of a task as coming up with a new game on it's own. So I have a feeling you'll probably not see anything like that come along for a while for this game (if ever) especially when Facebook gives you their connectivity API basically for free with the only cost to the development being integration and testing.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:41 am.

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 am

^ I absolutely understand. I't not something that I'd delete the game over, more of an annoyance I can live to deal with. In all reality I don't want to annoy my friends with those invites (I usually hate them myself, games like this are guilty pleasures to me, why do I have to share it with the rest of the world!!!).

Side note, anyone figure out how to delete quests? The one about buying coins is useless to me, as I don't purchase anything on these freemium games really. I just enjoy them for what they are.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:09 am

Just started playing. Seems really well done so far. I'm liking all the animation work, and the dialog has gotten me to laugh a couple of times.

On the Facebook thing, does it auto-spam your entire contact list and/or post to your timeline without permission? I'm always wary of connecting to these games through Facebook because I don't want to do these things.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random