TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

quite an intersting video about platform 13. I heard it will host some sort of scene at the end of the ride, but don't have the details.

Doesn't shock me that Goliath isn't done yet. They haven't learned after they couldn't open Express back in 2011. (Sorry just had to make that comment.)

What do you mean by that? The reason Walibi couldn't open Xpress in 2011 was because the launch was broken.

From what I heard it was all because of the unfinisched paint job, and there is enough proof on the internet for that it indeed wasn't done. Anyway could be true didn't hear anything about that in 2011, but that doesn't explain why they hadn't finisched the paint job before season start.

At the start up for the 2011 season, Xpress had a few problems. There where some cracks in a important peace of the launch. The result of this was that Xpress was SBNO for the entire 2011 season. In september of that year (you can look it back in this topic) Walibi started painting Xpress black and gray.

The first day of the 2012 season Xpress reopened in a different colour. However the paintjob was not completed, some part of the station and the switch track where stil in the old colours. this was fixed the week after the season opening in 2012.

Why the paint job was not finished i don't know. The winter of that year was a bit cold or perhaps the painter miscalculated.

Seeing that they are enclosing the queue ramp makes me really happy. Finally no more danger with rain (Last year I almost slip on that ramp when they where wet and saw some people having trouble crossing it as wel). Perhaps I will change my plans slightly to make a visit this year as well, afterall there are some new things I wish to see with my own eyes.

This may have been discussed, but is the SLC going to stay with those teal supports, or will they be painted a different color? I didn't like the orange shown in a rendering, but now I see it looks really nice with the teal.

So are they just enclosing the launch track for Xpress or are they going to fully enclose the entire ride?

The launch allready was enclosed, but I'm not sure if they are going to "Update" that part.

Hey are enclosing and theming the brakes, station and que. A scene should be added in the brakes part (a subway train will nearly hit you).

The actual ride will be not be enclosed or repainted.

This may have been discussed, but is the SLC going to stay with those teal supports, or will they be painted a different color? I didn't like the orange shown in a rendering, but now I see it looks really nice with the teal.

For 2014, only the track is being repainted. Goliath, only the supports.

• 3 weeks later...

Xpress' revamped queue:

animated gif:

POV video (make sure you keep watching until (or skip to) the brake run )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwl2iUcX8lA

And the new Exotic plaza:

source: http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/2104788/FOTO_VIDEO_Pre_opening_Walibi_.html#Post2104788

Edited by BDG

Holy crap! I'm impressed with the changes going on with the park. To me, it finally no longer feels like a former Six Flags park, which a few of my friends over in NL have said it still felt like.

Heck, I'm even a fan of El Condor's new color scheme. The coral orange color looks a lot better than what I was expecting.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This picture showed up on the interwebs. Mascha van till is the ceo of walibi holland.

ByYWn_1CYAENFuH.jpg

*edit I noticed the Twitter commend isnt in the picture so here it is:

Mascha van Till @maschavantill

Volgen

Done good business for 2016!

Really looking forward to a new ride @IAAPAEurope EAS @WalibiHolland @mackridescom

The park has now confirmed on their Facebook and Twitter pages that a Mack ride is coming in 2016.

Het is officieel! Er komt een nieuwe ride in 2016! De ride wordt gebouwd door het Duitse bedrijf Mack Rides. Wat voor coaster zou jij graag zien?

translation:

"It's official! There's a new ride coming in 2016! The ride will be built by the German company Mack Rides. What kind of coaster would you like to see?"

ByZNNWjIEAAMKWT.png.b3e9a9026b30f05d2bc66c8004d99831.png