TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Wanda Parks in China.

To tell the truth, I would rather see Intamin, Gerstlauer, Mack, Zierer and S&S build something never been done before. B&M's creativity only focus on the layout instead of new elements.

RMC seems unlikely because the stupid Chinese amusement department added RMC to the black list due to the NTaG accident!! Is it possible that all coaster enthusiasts sue the Chinese amusement department with RMC?

Out of interest, why would intamin be allowed in China but RMC isn't since their rides have had their share of accidents too?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory as to why these death coasters are still built. 5 year plans in China, for every western coaster brought in, they may have to build a few in house coasters. They have economic planning that even dithers down to the level of theme park planning and airport building, the 2001-2005 plan even included expanding cable TV coverage. So I can see it saying "build western coasters at theme parks that westerners may frequent, build our own at theme parks that westerners are less likely to visit unless their name is Rob Alvey"

^ And yet they still allow all those dangerous knockoffs like this one to be built....

Happy Roller Coaster, Shijiazhuang Botanical Garden built by Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd

I have a theory as to why these death coasters are still built. 5 year plans in China, for every western coaster brought in, they may have to build a few in house coasters. They have economic planning that even dithers down to the level of theme park planning and airport building, the 2001-2005 plan even included expanding cable TV coverage. So I can see it saying "build western coasters at theme parks that westerners may frequent, build our own at theme parks that westerners are less likely to visit unless their name is Robb Alvey"

^ And yet they still allow all those dangerous knockoffs like this one to be built....

Happy Roller Coaster, Shijiazhuang Botanical Garden built by Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd

It's not really about the 5 year plan. Back to the 80s, 90s, probably yes; but nowadays the plan really means nearly nothing. It's all about economic development and that's probably it, the latest 5 year plan highlighted the importance of environmental protection but everything is still getting worse and worse.

Buying roller coasters hardly relate to the government unless when the park is owned by the government or when the goverment is the majority stockholder. Things are pretty complicated when it comes to getting ride operation license but Chinese ride manufacturers usually have good "relationship" with a certain department so parks just buy their rides to avoid too much hassles. Plus, knock-off SLC's get upside down just like B&M's so most parks just go for Golden Horse or whatever because GP don't mind about whch manufacturer the ride came from. Happy Valley already started their business plans on big rides with knock-off manufacturers so probably only Chimelong deserves our hope

I really think when it comes to parks in China, thinngs can get a little distracting

Back to the topic, I really think Wanda cannot do as good in amusement park industry. Yes, they build shopping malls everywhere in China that literally started a Wanda Empire and their boss is now the richest people in China, but both Viper and this coaster are located at a place where visitors are not visiting for parks especially Xishuangbanna. I assume both parks will eventually turn into Chinese Hard Rock Parks

Breaking news! The park is having a water coaster and a Motor Coaster!!!

Right now I guess the water coaster would be similar to Divertical at Mirabilandia (probably a clone). The park mentioned about it using elevator lift with two sets of lift track, being 40m tall (around 131ft), having maximum speed at 100kmph (around 62mph) and its maximum drop angle is 45 degrees. They also mentioned it would be a mixture of rapid ride, super splash and roller coaster.

The Motor Coaster would reach a maximum speed at 63kmph (around 39mph) within 2 seconds using fly wheel launch. I'm picturing a Zamperla Motor Coaster or some kind of Chinese knock-off.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome news on the Intamin water coaster!

Hopefully we'll see a more appealing designed than DiVertical.

As awesome as it looks, I doubt there is many parks out there that wants to spend €15 million+ that it cost to install a water coaster of that magnitude.

Edited by _koppen

The Motor Coaster would reach a maximum speed at 63kmph (around 39mph) within 2 seconds using fly wheel launch. I'm picturing a Zamperla Motor Coaster or some kind of Chinese knock-off.

It'll be interesting to see if they go with the knock-off: http://www.china-sbl.com/eng/ProductInfo.aspx?m=20120801130251077488&n=20120905102152950616 or an original since that speed seems to match both models.

It'll be interesting to see if they go with the knock-off: http://www.china-sbl.com/eng/ProductInfo.aspx?m=20120801130251077488&n=20120905102152950616 or an original since that speed seems to match both models.

Actually I just heard it will be a Pony Express clone

Here's the official site http://www.xsbnholiday.com/ Its mostly in Chinese but it is possible to navigate (I HATE sites which play music)

Took me a little while to dig out the actual park but if you can click through to the main page with a menu along the bottom its the third from the right.

Areas appear to be

Butterfly Kingdom (B&M Flyer Here)

Jungle Adventure

Tea Horse Road

Fisherman's Wharf (Intamin Water Coaster Here)

and a water park.

I've taken screens of the concept art for people who can't be bothered to navigate a Chinese site.

Here's the concept art for the Intamin Water Coaster

The flyer appears here

Jungle area.

Butterflies

Entrance

Breaking Ground

There's a couple more here but nothing groundbreaking http://vhcoasters.com/2014/02/04/wanda-xishuangbanna-international-resort-concept-art-2/

Edited by Gutterflower

• 3 weeks later...

Although i know this is a different Wanda Park I don't see the need to make a whole new topic

We have another new Wanda ride to add to the list. An Intamin launched coaster is set to join GCI's "Viper" at the Nanchang park. The ride has been described as the "Ultra-High Coaster Project" and Wanda recently conducted a meeting with Intamin discussing the projects details."

An article on the Wanda news site mentions they were discussing details such as the the electrical interface and the construction process suggesting the projects fairly far along. Another article mentions the planned ride will be 74m (243ft) tall, launch at 136km/h (84mph) and be over 1500m long.

Other rides mentioned as in planning on the Wanda site are a Maurer Skyloop for Heifei and a Mack Blue Fire ride for Harbin.

Source: http://www.wanda-cti.com/2014/newscenter_0221/506.html via http://vhcoasters.com/2014/02/24/wanda-city-nanchang-to-add-intamin-launched-coaster/

The Wanda Groups planned parks keep getting more interesting. Their recent document outlining 10 planned coasters mentions that their park in Hefei, China is planned to included a 75mph launched coaster with a loop of 55m.

Wanda group have also created this model for the Hefei park suggesting the ride will similar to Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Which of course was built by Premier.

Interestingly the planned Lewa World park in Xi'an will include a Mack coaster with a loop of 50m. Both of these top Full Throttle's record loop so it will be interesting to see who opens theirs first.

Source: http://www.wanda-cti.com/2014/ghxs_0108/454.html

^Yeah it will be interesting to see what gets built first. I have to say I'm a bit more exited about the mack as I'm assuming the layout will be a bit longer than this one but both look like fun concepts.

These Chinese parks really are on fire!

• 2 months later...

Wanda have released this for the new Intamin coaster at their Nanchang Park. Wanda lists the ride as being the tallest in China which means it has to beat the 250ft of Dinoconda at China Dinosaur park. However RCDB currently lists the ride as 242.8 ft so only time will tell.

Source: VH Coasters

Could someone make a thread that lists all the current projects in China with links to their discussions here in the forum? Kind of like Larry's guide to 2014 new attractions, but just for China parks? I feel there is so much going on right now it's hard to keep track of!

Could someone make a thread that lists all the current projects in China with links to their discussions here in the forum? Kind of like Larry's guide to 2014 new attractions, but just for China parks? I feel there is so much going on right now it's hard to keep track of!

I can certainly try and make a thread. Might take me an hour or two. Watch this space

Edit: Done

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67888

Edited by Gutterflower

Wanda Hefei is being designed by Dutch company Jora Vision.

Jora Vision designs Chinese theme park for Wanda Group

The Chinese Wanda Group recently held a ground breaking celebration for the impressive Wanda City Hefei project. At this festive event, Jora Vision’s CEO Jan Maarten de Raad was invited to speak to the guests about the theme park the Dutch company is designing for this Wanda project.

Rijnsburg, April 30th 2014 – In 2016 the Wanda Group is planning on opening Wanda City Hefei, one of the many Wanda Cultural Tourism City projects it is developing. Since last year Jora Vision has actively been working on the design of the first Wanda theme park in Hefei, a city located in the Chinese province of Anhui.

“We are honoured to be part of this project, to work with Wanda to develop this park,” Jan Maarten de Raad said during the opening. “While taking on this challenge we were determined to design a world where Anhui’s heritage and stories don’t make visitors feel like they are in a museum. Our goal is to design an environment where culture and heritage come to life through strong story lines and fantasy.”

The theme park of almost 38 hectares, is based on local culture and traditions. It is divided into six specific areas and is planned to have over 30 attractions. For each of these areas, Jora Vision came up with a specific storyline where fairytales, art, history and legends meet, translating the Anhui Province’s heritage into a full leisure experience. Sister company Jora Entertainment is involved in the design of the audio and special effects for the park.

In the first area, called Classic Anhui, the beauty of ancient Anhui architecture is celebrated. In the second zone, the Battle of Feishui, guests take part in the epic battle of the Feishui River. Butterfly Dreamland, the third area, is a happy wonderland garden filled with human-like animals and insects. In the fourth area, Lost Chaozhou, visitors discover the remnants of the sunken city of Chaozhou. The fifth area, Happy Water Town, represents a special waterfront village. Finally, the sixth zone is Opera Garden and focuses on Anhui’s famous Opera and theatrical stories.

Wanda Hefei theme park is now planned to open in July of 2016.

http://www.joravision.com/projects/theme-parks/wanda-city-hefei-2/

FS_001_TH_103_SPLASHBATTLE.thumb.jpg.515e7df607e1b664d6d766d8157456fd.jpg

Splash Battle

MD_633_TH_101_POVRestaurant.thumb.jpg.84960fd70ea2cd97b262bc0f56a18a42.jpg

Restaurant

WAN03_G_000_AW_002_POVWaveswinger-GRC-SND.thumb.jpg.c8e241f9ba3389354939c327085bb38f.jpg

Wave Swinger

WandaHefei-LostChauzhou.thumb.jpg.4294d40aea2994c21f13b7fa58fc696d.jpg

Lost Chauzhou