Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Double amputee falls out of El Loco
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby aCoasterStory » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 pm

JeromyL wrote:Anyone that travels to Vegas to ride el loco. Make sure you post it. There are a lot of TPR members that would love an excuse to go ride this coaster again!!!

I'm going to be in Vegas for a convention in June. It's still quite a ways away, but I'm excited to ride it. The biggest hurdle will be figuring out how to make the trek out to ride Desperado while I'm there.
ImageImage[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe4eae113273e4d0a98298b9baf940f3.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/c4cf17bf527e6833157bf159cfe53ac7.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby JeromyL » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm

^^^I might be able to help you out with a ride out to stateline. (As long as I'm not out of town). Keep me posted on your dates in town
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:47 am

Hey everyone! An update from the El Loco Media Day on Tuesday. The event ran from 2:00PM to 5:00PM with opportunities to ride El Loco and the rest of the park's offerings. The park offered a lot of digital media, which can be found above from the link Robb posted.

robbalvey wrote:TPR produced all the video and photos used for El Loco's media day and press release. Check it out here: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65713-circus-circus-el-loco-opens-at-adventuredome-las-vegas-newest-attraction

All of the park's staff and those working the media event were extremely nice and very welcoming. We absolutely appreciate their hospitality.
I must say again, El Loco is an absolute hit, it doesn't look like it packs a punch, but it absolutely does. Photos do not do justice on how intimidating the ride's structure is. The ride is a beast! After being able to ride multiple times, the best seat on the ride is the left front seat, great laterals, hang time, and airtime.

El Loco has 7 cars, and each of those cars have their own soundtrack that plays while you are traversing the course of the ride. My favorite is car 4, the pop music is very upbeat!

The lift hill is very fast, it only gives you about 9 seconds to prepare for the ride, easily the best part of the ride is the first drop, a non-braked 90 degree plummet to the park's floor and you hit 45 mph. Amazing laterals in the first turn and then up into the first un-braked block section. Next is the outward banked turn, very odd laterals, and something I would like to see on more rides. Next, an inward banked turn into the first twist and dive, a great spot of hang time, then you dive once again to the park' floor and up and over the old splash bridge for Rim Runner. There is a nice pop of air time here as well! You then blast through the rides second un-braked block section and into the outward banked twist into the final twist and dive. You execute this maneuver at a fairly slow speed which leaves you upside down for what feels like an eternity, you are very thankful for your lap bar and seat belt at this point. And you finish the dive smoothly into the final brake. You spend more time out of your seat than you do in it throughout the course, and that is a terrific thing!

If you are in Las Vegas, be sure not to miss El Loco! It is an amazing addition to the park and easily one of the best rides in Las Vegas!
Thank you again to the Adventuredome for having us at your Media Day!

Now onto the photos, all I can say is, it has been an absolute blast following the construction of El Loco for the last year, thanks for reading and following all of the updates everyone!
El Loco Logo - yellow high res.jpg
The reason we are here, for El Loco's Media Day!
El Loco at The Adventuredome at Circus Circus (1).jpg
Overview of the majority of El Loco (photo produced by TPR, provided by Adventuredome)
IMG_4495.JPG
That's right El Loco is now open!
IMG_4478.JPG
Noted!
IMG_4479.JPG
Time to check into the event! Everyone was very very nice!
IMG_4480.JPG
A new park brochure and park map and a Crazy for El Loco pin!
IMG_4481.JPG
Noted!
IMG_4482.JPG
El Loco utilizes the old Rim Runner station, honestly, you cannot tell that it used to be a water ride's station, they did a great job!
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG
During the event, the ride was basically a walk on the entire time, which allowed for many rides.
IMG_4494.JPG
Amazing how much they were able to fit in such a compact space.
IMG_3627.JPG
Some rider reaction shots, they opened the ride up to the general public for us to get some off ride shots.
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3632.JPG
IMG_3634.JPG
IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_3636.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG
The reaction was the same each time, riders scream as they are taken off guard on how good that first drop really is!
IMG_4400.JPG
Even towards the end of the event, the ride was still a walk on.
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
IMG_3623.JPG
Peeking into the station, they are very efficient in loading the cars, keeping the line constantly moving.
IMG_3624.JPG
Artsy!
IMG_3626.JPG
The logo lights up on each of the ride's 7 cars.
IMG_4483.JPG
Some goodies on here for all media who attended!
IMG_4484.JPG
Jabbawockeez made an appearance at the event and went for a spin on the ride!
IMG_4485.JPG
IMG_4486.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
If you have the opportunity to catch their show,do it! It is such a great time!
IMG_4492.JPG
I really like this part of the ride, odd laterals here!
IMG_4493.JPG
El Loco at The Adventuredome at Circus Circus (2).jpg
Rider Reaction (photo produced by TPR, provided by Adventuredome)
El Loco at The Adventuredome at Circus Circus (3).jpg
Rider Reaction (photo produced by TPR, provided by Adventuredome)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 am

It looks amazing. I can't wait to ride it when I am down in March. Looking at these photos, I really like to logo for the ride, it is simple but still cool to look at.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:08 am

Looks AWESOME.

and great report and Pics Robb & Mr. Stratosphere!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 am

El Loco looks like a sweet coaster with some awesome elements! The hangtime looks pretty sick too. Definitely need to hit up the dome the next time we venture out to Vegas!! (I'm missing the Canyon Blaster credit as well.....it was closed the week we were there in 2012).
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for the photos, looks like a winner!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Love this particular shot. Twisty everywhere, LOL!

And I really really REALLY want one of these in my home park!

Playland are you listening???
ElLocoLasVegas2014.jpg
I love all the track mixed in there. Like a bowl of spaghetti.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sonofrollercoasters » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:20 pm

John is very right. The pictures Don't show the real depth and reality of how big that ride really is. When i got there, I was about to chicken out because it was SOOOOOOOOOO Big! you have to go in order to realize it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby GrapesLie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:30 am

I may be going out to Vegas for a business conference in April and I will definitely get out there to ride this thing! It looks amazing! :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!