TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2014 Edition!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One hour after Dubai ? Qatar ?

I have no idea where you are, but what I know is that 24 hours ago, this game was already on. I spend the evening at home, slept some 8 hours, woke up, showered, had breakfast, drove to work, worked 4 hours, was surprised to see you in AMS on my iPhone, did some shopping during lunch, ate delicious soup for lunch, worked another 3 hours, drove to the supermarket, bought food for next week, drove home, put everything away, had dinner, did some work at home, and now I'm back in my sofa, ...... and you're still traveling

Wherever you go, have an awesome holiday !!!!

After over 24 hours of travel, lots of clues and lots of guessing, here is our FIRST location! (That's right, FIRST! When have we ever done one of these were we only go to ONE place?)

Here are all the clues to date in one place, look through them all and see if you can work it out! Post your workings below, the more detailed the better!!

Where in the World can we be? And where do you think we are going?

thumb_plane_2.jpg

Oh, look... our plane is here!

thumb_flights.jpg

Our flights are looking good!

thumb_parking_2.jpg

Can forget where our car is parked.

thumb_target_0.jpg

This means something.

julia_stiles_0.jpg

Ooooh! I like her. Maybe I can watch one of her movies on our flight!

We also posted a really kick A$$ El Loco video! You should go watch it! It's some of the best footage we ever got!

thumb_image_3605.jpg

Oops! I just accidentally took this photo!

thumb_image_3606.jpg

Yay! Land!!!

thumb_image_3608.jpg

How pretty is that???

thumb_image_3609.jpg

Hey look how close that other plane is!

thumb_image_3613.jpg

Where are we now???

clue_4.jpg

There is a clue here somewhere.

frozen_0.jpg

Oh, no! I hope where we are going isn't "Frozen."

Wow, looks like ELSA has really Frozen this place!

That looks like an interesting place. Maybe it's time for a stop?

You could never have too much McDonalds... or can you?

Where we are going, we might need a few more flushes!

Time to board our next flight!

Yay! Our next plane has power!

You Only Use Scott 's Underwear Casually Kept

He's a funny guy. I didn't get a chance to see The Producers on Broadway. Wish I could have. Oh, well, maybe NEXT time?

Love little hole in the wall places like this.

I feel like I was just here. But then again, this wasn't.

There really IS a truth to de-evolution!

You might not think it's a clue. You're probably right!

If there is one thing I love, it's a good race!

What do you like better? The movie or the show?

Oh, yeah, we WILL be riding some roller coasters where we are heading!

I'm sure we will probably ride a flat ride or two.

Another airport. Are we done flying or not?

Happy horse year, everyone!

Elissa looks pretty tired. This is a great place to catch a nap!

No matter Where in the World you go, there is always Starbucks!

You know, we really like the UK...

Here's a freebie! Where are we off to next?

Happy Valentines Day, Elissa. I called ahead and had the Dutch put out all these flowers for you...

There sure is a lot of ENGLISH here!

One of my favorite roller coasters!

Love this park! We really need to get back here again, soon... right? Soon!

And yes. There will be McDonalds where we are going!

Yeah! Space Junk!!! My favourite!

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of most B&M hyper coasters, but I do like this one a little.

I really DO NOT like this show!!!

Time for our next flight! But to where?

Nice being on planes with full entertainment system and USB power!

These guys always crack me up!

A Princess Bride clue??? Inconceivable!!!

Cool looking park, huh?

I really think it's over-rated, but that's just me.

This may be our final clue for a while... BUT... it's a good one! If you figure out where this is you'll know EXACTLY Where in the World we are!

thumb_image_3622.jpg

Hey! Look where we are flying over! We love this place!!!

image_3624.jpg

Yes! I totally unlocked a new StreetPass region!!!

thumb_image_3625.jpg

Wow this airport is VERY clean & pretty! But where is it?

we_are_in_INDIA.thumb.jpg.167796dee8d47c88b08ae219fd6dcd1b.jpg There have been several people who have guessed correctly and used the clues!

mumbai_airport.thumb.jpg.101f7197f6f9219d83d36965e220f150.jpg For those of you who said Mumbai, India! You're RIGHT!!!

Now....

We know who said it first using the clues to show their work. But some people changed their minds. Other people have used more clues...

To be the GRAND PRIZE winner, you have to win EVERYTHING! Now that you know where we are, tell us how each of these clues pointed to this location! I believe there are only two (possibly three) clues that were throwaways. Every other clue, though, had some sort of direct or indirect connection to this location!

NEXT UP! We will be visiting some cool places while we are here. We'll post more pictures soon, and then we will be off to ANOTHER LOCATION!

Where will we go next?

WHAT DO THE CLUES TELL YOU?

I finally got all the Wicked, Rent, and Frozen clues (it's Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India).

Here's my list:

1. Tampa Airport, near Delta Check-in counter

2. Fantasy of Flight museum, which is on the way from Orlando to Tampa

3. Departures board, which allows confirmation of Tampa Airport as well as which shows Delta 1892 to Detroit being on time

4. Parking lot at Tampa Airport. This is the Lindbergh section of the garage, and Lindbergh was born in Detroit (the next destination)

5. Supertarget in Indio, CA. Indio sounds like India.

6. Julia Stiles was in the Bourne movies. In the Bourne Supremacy, the movie starts in India, and then Julia Stiles' character is seen in Amsterdam. Also Julia Stiles was in a movie called "Wicked". The unrelated musical Wicked starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

7. this_has_nothing_to_do_with_the_contest_hahahaha

8. This photo shows Delta-style seatback pouches in the distance. There's also a giant "D" front and center, for Detroit (the only "D" city delta was flying to on the departures board)

9. Tampa airport, the departure point

10. Snow on the ground shows that they're flying north from Tampa.

11. Same as #10

12. Frozen lake, most likely Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair, right before landing in Detroit

13. Two cows on this picture, and cows are sacred in India

14. Frozen starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

15. ELSA was played by Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

16. A picture of Detroit DTW airport

17. The McDonalds in the Detroit Airport

18. A lot of people get the runs from Indian food

19. Boarding the flight to Amsterdam. The passport in Elissa's hand shows that it's an international flight.

20. Delta style seatback pockets. Those power plugs are only on Delta 777, 767, 757, and A330 aircraft in coach, which points to flight 252

21. The "Evil Ex" featured in the first Scott Pilgrim book (shown) was Indian, and in the film adaptation the fight with this Ex was a Bollywood musical number.

22. Mel Brooks made Robin Hood: Men In Tights, and Adlabs Imagica has a Bandits of Robin Hood ride. He also made Spaceballs, and the Deep Space ride at Adlabs Imagica has balls floating in space.

23. There is a Carnegie Deli at Six Flags Great Adventure, where the coaster Nitro is. There is also a Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India.

24. BALLYS begins with BALL, which sounds like the beginning of Bollywood, which hints at India.

25. The DEVO album "Are We Not Men" features a track called "Space Junk", which is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

26. ha_ha_we_arent_actually_going_here_but_thanks_for_playing

27. Suzuka Circuit had a "Mad Cobra" ride, and cobras are primarily associated with India.

28. Rent starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

29. This image is Le Nitro at Dennlys Parc, and Adlabs Imagica has a coaster called Nitro. Also, the image is called "Gold Mine Roller Coaster", which is a reference to Gold Rush Express at Adlabs Imagica.

30. Scrambler at INDIAna beach. INDIAna starts with INDIA.

31. Gate E7 in Amsterdam, where Delta flight 252 from Detroit just landed.

32. A reference to the "Year of the Chicken" stuff earlier.

33. The euros and european-style plug show that they're in Europe (i.e. Amsterdam).

34. Starbucks in the Amsterdam airport.

35. The reflection shows the Harvest Market near the D Gates in the Amsterdam airport. Delta Flight 50 to Mumbai left from gate D43.

36. Shiphol Amsterdam airport, where they're going to take Delta Flight 50 to Mumbai.

37. Dutch Tulips, because it's in Amsterdam.

38. Signs at the Amsterdam airport.

39. This is Goliath at Walibi Holland in the Netherlands. In addition to this being an Amsterdam clue, the park also has a Robin Hood roller coaster and Adlabs Imagica has a Bandits of Robin Hood ride.

40. This picture of Blackpool still shows the Space Invader ride, which is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

41. That's a picture from Freeze & Fries, an Indian restaurant

42. "Space Junk" is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

43. A picture of Six Flags Great Adventure's Nitro. There is also a Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India.

44. Wicked starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

45. Boarding the next flight, which is a very wide plane. Delta 50 is on an widebody A330.

46. That matches the screens on Delta A330s.

47. That is a picture of Muppet Labs. Rob and Elissa are going to adLABS imagica.

48. Carey Elwes played Robin Hood in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" and Adlabs Imagica has a "Bandits of Robin Hood" ride.

49. Suzuka Circuit's "Mad Cobra" ride. Cobras are primarily associated with India.

50. IN-n-out burger. IN is the official 2-letter code for India.

51. Buildings near Adlabs Imagica.

52. The Palm in Dubai, which Delta flight 50 passed over going from Amsterdam to India.

53. India used to be administered by the British government.

54. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai

55. A mural showing bollywood stars in the Mumbai airport

56. Welcome to Mumbai!

Ha! This is all REALLY close! Here's a few of the corrections....

I finally got all the Wicked, Rent, and Frozen clues (it's Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India).

Here's my list:

1. Tampa Airport, near Delta Check-in counter

2. Fantasy of Flight museum, which is on the way from Orlando to Tampa

3. Departures board, which allows confirmation of Tampa Airport as well as which shows Delta 1892 to Detroit being on time

4. Parking lot at Tampa Airport. This is the Lindbergh section of the garage, and Lindbergh was born in Detroit (the next destination)

5. Supertarget in Indio, CA. Indio sounds like India.

(I like that someone actually got this!)

6. Julia Stiles was in the Bourne movies. In the Bourne Supremacy, the movie starts in India, and then Julia Stiles' character is seen in Amsterdam. Also Julia Stiles was in a movie called "Wicked". The unrelated musical Wicked starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

Julia Stiles was in a movie called "Passage" which was directed by Shekhar Kapur, who also directed "Mr. India" which a ride at Adlabs is based off of.

7. this_has_nothing_to_do_with_the_contest_hahahaha

8. This photo shows Delta-style seatback pouches in the distance. There's also a giant "D" front and center, for Detroit (the only "D" city delta was flying to on the departures board

The D had nothing to do with it, great great catch!

9. Tampa airport, the departure point

10. Snow on the ground shows that they're flying north from Tampa.

11. Same as #10

12. Frozen lake, most likely Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair, right before landing in Detroit

13. Two cows on this picture, and cows are sacred in India

14. Frozen starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

15. ELSA was played by Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

16. A picture of Detroit DTW airport

17. The McDonalds in the Detroit Airport

18. A lot of people get the runs from Indian food

19. Boarding the flight to Amsterdam. The passport in Elissa's hand shows that it's an international flight.

20. Delta style seatback pockets. Those power plugs are only on Delta 777, 767, 757, and A330 aircraft in coach, which points to flight 252

21. The "Evil Ex" featured in the first Scott Pilgrim book (shown) was Indian, and in the film adaptation the fight with this Ex was a Bollywood musical number.

The characters name was Matthew Patel and Patel is a popular Indian name

22. Mel Brooks made Robin Hood: Men In Tights, and Adlabs Imagica has a Bandits of Robin Hood ride. He also made Spaceballs, and the Deep Space ride at Adlabs Imagica has balls floating in space.

The Spaceballs, had nothing to do with it, but again, great catch!

23. There is a Carnegie Deli at Six Flags Great Adventure, where the coaster Nitro is. There is also a Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India.

I actually meant this that Deli sounds like New Delhi

24. BALLYS begins with BALL, which sounds like the beginning of Bollywood, which hints at India.

There is a city in India named Bally.

25. The DEVO album "Are We Not Men" features a track called "Space Junk", which is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

Space Junk was the right clue, but the song includes the lyrics "India"

26. ha_ha_we_arent_actually_going_here_but_thanks_for_playing

27. Suzuka Circuit had a "Mad Cobra" ride, and cobras are primarily associated with India.

Mad Cobra was a Premier coaster and so is Deep Space.

28. Rent starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

29. This image is Le Nitro at Dennlys Parc, and Adlabs Imagica has a coaster called Nitro. Also, the image is called "Gold Mine Roller Coaster", which is a reference to Gold Rush Express at Adlabs Imagica.

30. Scrambler at INDIAna beach. INDIAna starts with INDIA.

31. Gate E7 in Amsterdam, where Delta flight 252 from Detroit just landed.

32. A reference to the "Year of the Chicken" stuff earlier.

Just a sign at AMS that we saw. This one was kind of a throwaway.

33. The euros and european-style plug show that they're in Europe (i.e. Amsterdam).

34. Starbucks in the Amsterdam airport.

35. The reflection shows the Harvest Market near the D Gates in the Amsterdam airport. Delta Flight 50 to Mumbai left from gate D43.

36. Shiphol Amsterdam airport, where they're going to take Delta Flight 50 to Mumbai.

37. Dutch Tulips, because it's in Amsterdam.

38. Signs at the Amsterdam airport.

39. This is Goliath at Walibi Holland in the Netherlands. In addition to this being an Amsterdam clue, the park also has a Robin Hood roller coaster and Adlabs Imagica has a Bandits of Robin Hood ride.

40. This picture of Blackpool still shows the Space Invader ride, which is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

This was actually meant to show the junior woodie because there is a clone of Zipper Dipper in India.

41. That's a picture from Freeze & Fries, an Indian restaurant

This is actually a picture from McDonalds in India! I had to flip the image so you couldn't google image search it!

42. "Space Junk" is a reference to the "Deep Space" attraction at Adlabs Imagica.

See above.

43. A picture of Six Flags Great Adventure's Nitro. There is also a Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India.

44. Wicked starred Idina Menzel, and Idina is an anagram for India.

45. Boarding the next flight, which is a very wide plane. Delta 50 is on an widebody A330.

46. That matches the screens on Delta A330s.

47. That is a picture of Muppet Labs. Rob and Elissa are going to adLABS imagica.

48. Carey Elwes played Robin Hood in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" and Adlabs Imagica has a "Bandits of Robin Hood" ride.

49. Suzuka Circuit's "Mad Cobra" ride. Cobras are primarily associated with India.

See above

50. IN-n-out burger. IN is the official 2-letter code for India.

This is actually an In-n-Out Burger in Indio. Was seeing if you'd actually look it up again! lol

51. Buildings near Adlabs Imagica.

52. The Palm in Dubai, which Delta flight 50 passed over going from Amsterdam to India.

53. India used to be administered by the British government.

54. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai

55. A mural showing bollywood stars in the Mumbai airport

56. Welcome to Mumbai!

Congrats! I think we have a winner for this round!!!

There will still be another round coming up! When will that be? Not sure!

Edited by robbalvey