TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am not sure how I feel about putting an upcharge attraction inside the park. Wouldn't this fit better inside of challenge park? I know that some parks have these inside of the amusement park, but I already paid good money to get inside and don't feel like paying even more money for an upcharge ride. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry what?

The fact is it's not going to stop anyone from going to the park, and if the increased foot traffic means upcharge attractions will be more profitable inside the park then that's probably where they're going to put them.

I am not sure how I feel about putting an upcharge attraction inside the park. Wouldn't this fit better inside of challenge park? I know that some parks have these inside of the amusement park, but I already paid good money to get inside and don't feel like paying even more money for an upcharge ride. Just my opinion.

And in all honesty, The attraction is not that exciting to me. I have been on 2 of them, and they just didn't do much for me.

This is simple to me. If it's not exciting to you, and you don't want to pay more for it, then don't do it!!! How hard is that!?

Registration is open for the Coaster Campout!

campout_head_2.jpg

It's the first-ever Coaster Campout at Cedar Point!

Find out what it's like to spend the night INSIDE the gates of the "Best Amusement Park in the World!"

You'll set up your tent inside the Antique Cars ride area in Frontiertown. Then, it's an evening of ERT, time with friends, food, MORE ERT in the morning and another great day at Cedar Point!

This event is free and is open to those with a valid roller coaster club membership. Park admission for both days is included with your official registration. You must show your valid coaster club card for admission.

Link

Susan Glaser (Cleveland Plain Dealer and cleveland.com writer) interviewed the new Cedar Point general manager Jason McClure about rollers coasters, customer service, and the importance of preserving the park's past.

Don't read too much of the comments section; all they pretty much do is complain about Fast Lane and closing Geauga Lake!

www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/02/new_cedar_point_gm_jason_mcclu.html

Edited by raptor6

Don't read too much of the comments section; all they pretty much do is complain about Fast Lane and closing Geauga Lake!

Ugh.. why didn't I listen to you?

Honestly I think he gave the PC answer to every question so he essentially said nothing but it's interesting learning about his background and the fact that he has great taste in Intamin coasters. Fast Pay is a neat idea too.

I really liked the ending of that article where it mentioned that they're already planning for the next coaster. Not that I'm going to rush it, they can take their time - Like me saying anything would change that - But it definitely added some optimism to the article.

There isn't that much traffic back there during the night just mainly a street sweeper and a power washer or two. Most of the rides back there are accessible by service roads so the chances of hearing lots of noise from Maint. vehicles are slimmed down as to opposed to noise on the main midway.

Curious about the rain policy. I know that they generally don't offer refunds for bad weather (the website essentially says to check the weather forecast ahead of time) which is perfectly fair, but what about online advance ticket Sales? For example, lets say I purchased 2 single day passes and two Fast Lane passes for a day 3 months in the future. Now, 3 days before my visit, I see that the weather conditions will be unfavorable so I decide to cancel my trip ahead of time. Is there any refund available? Or are all online sales final? Can't find anywhere on the site clarifying this.

All sales are final. The ticket you buy is technically good for any day of the entire operating season, so the park could argue that you are not restricted to certain days. I would wait until you get to the park to buy the Fast Lanes. It's rare that they run out, and if you are worried, make sure to get there at opening and buy them first thing...many places inside the park sell them. Check further back in the park if there is a line for them at a store in front. Worse comes to worse, if it rains nonstop the entire time you are there you could go to guest relations and voice your concerns, and they might give you a coupon or voucher for something, but I wouldn't count on that.

Chances are, if you're going more than one day and getting Fast Lane passes you should be fine.

Susan Glaser (Cleveland Plain Dealer and cleveland.com writer) interviewed the new Cedar Point general manager Jason McClure about rollers coasters, customer service, and the importance of preserving the park's past.

www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/02/new_cedar_point_gm_jason_mcclu.html

Going out on a limb here, but he says "next BIG coaster at Cedar Point" at the end of the article. So can't we assume that the next coaster, whatever it may be, will not be a family coaster but rather a major thrill ride?

Height requirements have been announced

Pipe Scream: 42" min. to ride; 42" - 48" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).

Lake Erie Eagles: 36" min. to ride; 36" - 46" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).

Per Tony Clark's Twitter

Height requirements have been announced

Pipe Scream: 42" min. to ride; 42" - 48" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).

Lake Erie Eagles: 36" min. to ride; 36" - 46" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).

Per Tony Clark's Twitter

Sounds like Pipe Scream could become a family-ish coaster at around the same level as Woodstock Express. It isn't a coaster, but the GP will think so.

Quite honestly, I was worried Pipe Scream was going to be smacked with a 48" height requirement. 42" with a responsible person is pretty fair. Did some quick research and found that 42" is something most kids are hitting as low as four years old, and most of them by five, so that's very family friendly. 36" is downright tiny which makes Lake Erie Eagles extremely family friendly. So far, everything looks great for the new Gemini Midway.

I still believe that CP is sitting on potentially a very family friendly ride with Cedar Creek Mine Ride. 48" for a mine train is pretty hefty. I have seen much lower across the industry for mine trains. Imagine if it dropped to a more common 42" and 48" with an adult, or even 44" like Adventure Express at Kings Island used to be? Instead, we have a tame ride asking a minimum height of most adult wooden coasters which is excluding the market that eats those kinds of coasters up. If only there was a way to fix this. I sympathize with the Ride Hosts on CCMR as they probably get berated more than usual on that ride.