Genting Theme Park refurbishment (FOX studio theme park)

P. 11: Fox files counter suit to defend backing out of park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Re: Genting Theme Park refurbishment (FOX studio theme park)

Postby packfanlv » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:16 pm

This is such great news. The old park was such a DUMP!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Rango ride? I thought that Rango was a Nickelodeon film...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Prometheus Set spotted..

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Babylon A.D set

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:20 am

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 am

^Interesting to see Wolverine in the hype reel, I wonder if Fox bought the theme park rights to X-Men as part of their movie deal?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:07 am

^ A lot of things were interesting. I can understand the Marvel rights, it doesn't really compete with anything Disney at all so I'm sure they aren't too worried, especially since they can't do anything with the X-Men anyways. I'm more surprised with Avatar just because James Cameron is so possessive over his stuff and is already working with Disney on this. I'm curious what the park plans to do with Avatar.

Also, was that Gordon Ramsey? I wonder if he is doing a restaurant (or was this already discussed?). I've only eaten at one of his places here in Vegas (BurGR) and it was absolutely delicious.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby AusCoasterFan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm

I actually went up into Genting today just for a little look around... and wow! I now know what people were on about describing it to be a dump! It is in desperate need for an injection of new life. It's actually a very scenic place, as you can catch a taxi into the highlands and then catch the cable car that takes you up to the resorts area. It's a very beautiful ride, with great views (especially if it wasn't overcast like it was today!) and is well worth the RM6 (US$2). The whole Genting resort area is very tired and run down however. Having said that, there are a huge amounts of cleaning, refurbing and construction going on in the area, and rightly so if FOX is going to do business there. I can't imagine them wanting to have their theme park in an area the state it is in at the moment!

I have some photos and will try to post them up soon, but basically, the entire Genting Theme Park has been demolished, except for the drop tower, although that had workesr on it, so I'd imagine that is coming down soon. There is still some rocket ship thing, which I'm sure was all part of the theming, and that looks like that is being taken down too.

The actual theme park area has been mostly leveled off, while the rubble has been cleared to the outside and is still in the process of being cleared. Something that did surprise me was the lack of advertising this new park is getting. All the old signs and advertisements are still around the place, while not a single sign of FOX's future park is mentioned, which was a real surprise to me. I thought it would be big news.

One last thing, which may be important to some, is as we were taxiing it back down the mountain, we drove past some of the old coaster track (I was unable to get any photos sadly). The old Vekoma Corkscrew w/Baynecourve model is neatly disassembled there and I'm sure I saw some of the Zamperla Volare track too. I'd imagine that these two models may be relocated elsewhere... Who knows?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 am

cant wait to see your photo update!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

New Era of Genting

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!