TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

That report makes me sad that i live 13 hours away from Dollywood. I still managed to get down there twice this year, if I lived any closer I would go much more. The more times i go there the more it solidifies it as my favorite park, especially during the Christmas event. Anyone who hasn't been there must find a way to go no matter the distance. There is something special I can't quite put my finger on about Dollywood, I've never had a bad day there.

Sorry, I haven't keep too up to date on the Dollywood topic.

Can someone let me know why Adventure Mountain was removed? I really enjoyed it. Has it been sent to another park or place?

It looks from some photos that some of the supporting buildings of Adventure Mountain have been kept. Are those staying?

Maybe it was just case of things come and go and Adventure Mountain needed to go but I guess you guys will let me know.

Cheers.

jimmiemac: Your pics of the cinnamon bread...oh...I'm getting so hungry! Great TR. Looks like the park turns out a lovely Christmas celebration.

TOPGUN1993: Unique TR! Dollywood looks great through a GoPro. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, I haven't keep too up to date on the Dollywood topic.

Can someone let me know why Adventure Mountain was removed? I really enjoyed it. Has it been sent to another park or place?

It looks from some photos that some of the supporting buildings of Adventure Mountain have been kept. Are those staying?

Maybe it was just case of things come and go and Adventure Mountain needed to go but I guess you guys will let me know.

Cheers.

Adventure Mountain was moved to make way for Firechaser Express. It was taken apart carefully so it could end up somewhere else, no decision was ever made. Not sure why Firechaser Express was planned for that exact plot of land because Adventure Mountain was still a popular attraction.

Honestly, Adventure Mountain was my main draw to try and go to Dollywood because I love ropes courses. But, Firechaser Express looks really cool. It kind of looks like Adventure Mountain never existed...