TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If you truly have a vendetta against Great Adventure and their operations/clientele/atmosphere, then quit spending your money there and take trips to other parks instead. No point in doing business with a park that makes you unhappy right?

Nobody's forcing you to go and I'm fine with one less person in line for Toro and Ka.

It happens that El Toro is my #1 ride overall, if there was somewhere else I could go to ride it, trust me, I would. Nitro and Batman also make it worth the trip.

I just wanted to take a day to let these couple of lines settle for me.

So you are saying that those multimillions of improvements that were put in to rides make it worth visiting the park?

Game. Set. Match. Won by Hercules.

If you truly have a vendetta against Great Adventure and their operations/clientele/atmosphere, then quit spending your money there and take trips to other parks instead. No point in doing business with a park that makes you unhappy right?

Nobody's forcing you to go and I'm fine with one less person in line for Toro and Ka.

It happens that El Toro is my #1 ride overall, if there was somewhere else I could go to ride it, trust me, I would. Nitro and Batman also make it worth the trip.

I just wanted to take a day to let these couple of lines settle for me.

So you are saying that those multimillions of improvements that were put in to rides make it worth visiting the park?

Game. Set. Match. Won by Hercules.

Oh yeah, because I forgot that a park can have nice rides, and it can have nice atmosphere and operations, but it absolutely can not have both of those things at the same time. HERP-A DERP DERP!

And repeatedly patronizing a business means your right to complain about its service is automatically revoked.

At least, I think. To be honest I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Go read Robb Alvey's post, he summed up what I'm trying to say very nicely and maybe you'll listen to him since he owns the site.

People just like to complain. It seems to be the majority of human nature. I can't stand it. Just be happy. If you don't like something, then don't frequent it. It isn't going to change.

Man, if you don't like to hear people complaining, get the $^%# off the internet. If you feel strongly about something, say, amusement parks, then it stands to reason that you're going to lavish what you like with exaggerated praise, and deride what you dislike with exaggerated hatred. "Just be happy"? Why should I just be happy? Six Flags used to be better than it is now, meaning "it isn't going to change" is totally wrong, it very well might change. I'm not complaining about how tall Mt. Everest is, here.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think so, the park hasn't posted any updates or mentioned anything. Hopefully they start soon. Also it was posted on Great Adventure History that opening day has been moved up to April 5th. I'm glad they decided to do that since April 12th seemed very late for opening day.

I'm not complaining about how tall Mt. Everest is, here.

Well, to be fair, it is a smug little bastard being all "look at me, look at me, I'm the tallest, blah blah blah!"

Just want to slap that mountainous grin off its face...

Don't complain about a mid April opening date! Remember that MM didn't get LLDOD open until July 7th!

We're more interested in when the park will open than when the new drop tower will open. I think it's going to be late June before that thing opens and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ka closed too but as long as the park is open and I can ride El Toro I'll be happy.

Does anyone know what that footer is going to be for? It seems to be pretty far away from the tower.

I really hope they make a path under El Toro to Kingda Ka and finally connect the two areas!

Its really not that far.

20131113_163204.thumb.jpg.4973caea2f4469560817545f5be8926c.jpg