Photo TR: WFChris's Mexico Trips!

3/24/15: Guadalajara: Selva Magica and The Bullet!!! P.15
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've got the ASS Burgers

Re: Photo TR: WF OMG Mexico!

Postby BigBomer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 pm

This is the best TR I've read in a little while, Good Job! Mexico is very interesting, before I saw the updates on this trip I would've never even considered Mexico, now it's very high up on my list of places to go! :)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm going to add a new rule to future TPR Trips: No going to all you can eat Mexican Buffets when there is a three hour bus ride after!!!!

:devil: :angry: :devil:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:06 pm

^Great idea!! Especially when the bathroom is right in the middle of the bus lol!

While we were on the bus heading back to Mexico City, I was going through my Facebook and I noticed a local club would be having some kind of event at a fair the next day. I had no finite plans for my next few days by myself, this seemed kinda cool, so I asked Elissa if she knew anything about the club. She said 'do it!' so the next thing I knew, I was confirming with them and extending my coaster tour.

After the farewell dinner with the TPR crew, I headed back to my hotel in the Zona Rosa, but instead of partying it up as I had planned (it was Friday night), I went to sleep early for another full day of coastering bright and early the next morning! I had no idea what to expect, but I was excited!
photo 01.JPG
Continental Breakfast at my hotel was nice, but not as nice as the ones at the TPR hotels :)
photo 02.JPG
On A TPR Trip, when they say 'Meet at 11:00' they mean 'Be there by 10:45.' So I got to the fair early, but it tuns out 11:00 means 11:15. I heard there were some issues with the metro.
photo 03.JPG
Where to sit...where to sit. This looks like a good spot!
photo 04.JPG
Here we are at Feria de la Ciudad de Mexico! I have no idea what is going on! I hope these guys show up soon!
photo 05.JPG
NOT liquor!
photo 06.JPG
Well, the guys eventually showed up, and more came throughout the day, so we got in line to enter. It was long but we were constantly walking.
photo 07.JPG
The 'feria' was split into two areas, and to move between the two, you had to navigate these huge expo halls with tons of vendors. They had it set up like a zig zag so you HAD to walk past every. single. business.
photo 08.JPG
Whew! Made it to the midway.
photo 09.JPG
Yes please!
photo 10.JPG
On the way to the coaster, we walked past several kids rides.
photo 11.JPG
Yay! My first non-TPR Mexico credit!!!
photo 13.JPG
Where's the ride operator?
photo 12.JPG
errr....hmmm. Okay. We'll try again later.
photo 14.JPG
How about this contraption?
photo 15.JPG
LoL nice. Dumb but still a credit!
photo 16.JPG
As happy as the dragon was, he wasn't open either, so we moved on. We got there really early so the rides areas weren't really up and running yet.
photo 17.JPG
Another flat.
photo 18.JPG
Inside the expo halls, you can get your hands on lots of genuine, official merchandise.
photo 19.JPG
One of the many halls of shops that we saw many times throughout the day. By the end of the day, this whole expo hall navigation took about a half hour each way.
photo 20.JPG
Hooray! Midway #2!
photo 21.JPG
In Mexico, he gets the bird.
photo 22.JPG
Angry Bert?
photo 23.JPG
Carnival Transportable Chairlift ride. I have never seen one of these before.
photo 24.JPG
Yep, it's a real chairlift!
photo 25.JPG
Those yellow columns were another entrance to the fair.
photo 26.JPG
Anyway, I was thoroughly fascinated with this chairlift. Am I just sheltered or are these rare?
photo 27.JPG
Several rides were included, and you had to pay for others. This one was free...that's what the sign under the blue umbrella says.
photo 28.JPG
This was also free...I think. Sup Taz?
photo 29.JPG
Most of the larger up-charge rides were $30. Some were $25. But uhhh, hell no on that one.
photo 30.JPG
Yess...that's more my speed :D
photo 31.JPG
The feria also had a fairly substantial water play area with some pools and slides.
photo 32.JPG
Some were inflatable and others rigid. It was the busiest part of the feria during the day.
photo 33.JPG
The whole area had it's own separate up-charge if you wanted to partake.
photo 34.JPG
One more look at the 'big' slide.
photo 35.JPG
There was a large go kart track as well. If this didn't exist, you could sneak over to the other midway. But it did exist, so no sneaking around.
photo 36.JPG
Oh, nice! Never been on one and I'm not going to start today!
photo 37.JPG
Sup Jessie?
photo 38.JPG
These look so tempting but I just don't do the whole spinny thing any more!
photo 39.JPG
OK. THIS...is my first non-TPR Mexico Coaster Credit! And how appropriate. Yet another Wacky Worm!
photo 40.JPG
Cha ching. lol. The funny part is I don't even count carnival coasters, but whatever, I was having a great time.
photo 41.JPG
We watched them run a 9 Minute Cycle on this.
photo 42.JPG
They basically kept it running until there were enough people in line to fill the ride again. They kept asking 'MAS??' The riders always wanted mas, so mas they got.
photo 43.JPG
Trampoline kids area with huge balls.
photo 44.JPG
I'm just gonna sit and do my paperwork riiiiight here.
photo 45.JPG
Oh, did I mention that there was Lucha Libre at the fair?
photo 46.JPG
This was VERY popular, and when they would come to and from the stage, the crowd would accost them like they were celebrities.
photo 47.JPG
Why? Because in Mexico City, they ARE celebrities. It was AWESOME seeing this for real and up close where it comes from.
photo 48.JPG
It's completely fake but totally entertaining and hilarious. And the crowd LOVES it!
photo 49.JPG
Sup Pinoccio? This stand was in the same area as the Lucha Libre stage.
photo 50.JPG
BODY SLAM!!!! More coming very shortly...
Last edited by WFChris on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:50 pm.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

Postby WFChris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Continued...
photo 51.JPG
I really wanted to see a Lucha Libre so this was definitely fulfilling for me.
photo 52.JPG
We watched for about 15 or 20 minutes.
photo 53.JPG
Ralph El Demoledor!
photo 54.JPG
Snow White is selling Pan. Pan is bread.
photo 55.JPG
OK so we worked our way back to the big credit, Cyclone.
photo 56.JPG
This pirate ship is a force to be reckoned with. It seriously scared the crap out of me when we rode it. This was a free attraction.
photo 57.JPG
OK anyway, let's work our way up to the platform.
photo 58.JPG
Hello? Anybody there?
photo 59.JPG
Why am I being freely allowed to roam around on this platform with ZERO employees around?!?!?!?!
photo 60.JPG
While we wait, another look at the tiny pirate ship of death. Seriously. Fixed lapbars and this thing JOLTED you out of them.
photo 61.JPG
The green print means I paid $30.
photo 62.JPG
We learned that the ride ops were hiding in this little trailer.
photo 63.JPG
So we went over and rode the dragon coaster. Tame enough...
photo 63a.jpg
...but the guy sent us around 11 Times. ELEVEN TIMES.
photo 64.JPG
I actually started getting a little dizzy. I'm not sure if I should be admitting that.
photo 65.JPG
OK. It's DEFINITELY running now!!!!
photo 66.JPG
Each ride that was an upcharge had it's own ticket booth. Some didn't though. On the dragon coaster, we just handed the man $25 cash. Most other rides you got a ticket in a little booth though.
photo 67.JPG
Yay! A fair credit! I hope this goes well!
photo 68.JPG
The ride was thoroughly entertaining, although I don't think any of us rode it more than once.
photo 69.JPG
Some of the group was going to take off at this point, so we took a group picture. I was the first person from the USA to ever meet up with their club, so that was pretty cool. I still talk to many of these guys. Such a cool day!
photo 69a.jpg
I grew a pair and rode this...honestly I did just fine...except that I held on like a little girl the whole time.
photo 70.JPG
This is some kind of drink you have for breakfast. It was yummy and warm...but warm wasn't exactly what I was looking for. The coaster club was very interested in showing me food and beverage I had not yet experienced during my visit, and I was all for it!
photo 71.JPG
This is a Cecina Enchilada. Enchilada basically means 'to spice,' so while in the US, you may only see enchiladas as things wrapped in a tortilla, this is not the case in Mexico. This was just spiced meat. It was DELICIOUS!
photo 72.JPG
Have I mentioned that Mexico is obsessed with straws? If you go back and look at the photos, basically every beverage ever has a straw sticking out of it.
photo 73.JPG
The group lunch was really special for me, and reassuring because I kept remembering that all of my TPR friends were either out of the country at this point or waiting for their flight.
photo 74.JPG
Pretty much the best carnival game prizes I have ever seen in my entire life.
photo 75.JPG
lol. Fahrt.
photo 76.JPG
Just a nice midway shot. The fair went around an indoor stadium, and across the street there was a large outdoor stadium.
photo 77.JPG
Two brave CFMR (Club de Fans de Montañas Rusas) ride the Enterprise. No bueno!
photo 78.JPG
You can get very close to the ride operating, since there were no barriers.
photo 79.JPG
This is a picture of a dude just chillin on the Enterprise stairs, with cars whooshing by like, a foot and a half from his head. The lady is like 'wtf you crazy?!?!'
photo 80.JPG
Fahrt for $30, ferris wheel for $25
photo 81.JPG
I think I took this because there is a Wacky Worm train operating with the Enterprise operating in the background. Very fun midway.
photo 82.JPG
This kid slowed down the ride by tapping his hand on each car. He was also smoking a cigarette. Couldn't capture the picture I wanted in time though.
photo 83.JPG
Yep, lets just chill right here next to the operating bumper car ride. I love the fact that there were no barriers and people weren't dying. Is the entire rest of the world less dumb than the USA? I'm starting to think so...
photo 84.JPG
This was like a live late night infomercial. The guy would sell a random item, like a clothing hamper, and slowly lower the price and make the deal better and better till it can't be refused. Then he would just stop, cut it off, and start selling something else, like skillets. One lady asked for a clothing hamper during the skillet sale and the salesman basically told her 'you're too slow! you should have been here when I was selling hampers!' This was all translated for me of course.
photo 85.JPG
They start em young. Notice the continued use of safety barriers. I never want to leave!
photo 86.JPG
They told me to take a picture of this, so I did. Here it is.
photo 86a.jpg
Well, the club bought me some bread, and it was time to head off. Goodbye new friends! I will never forget this!
photo 87.JPG
I came home with these two cups and a loaf of very fancy bread. It was delicious.
photo 88.JPG
That night, I made some friends and went to a Mezcalaria, and once the drinking starts, the pictures stop. So this ends another amazing day in Mexico City! Next up is some sightseeing, and after that 3 more bonus Mexico credits!!!
Last edited by WFChris on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 am.
TOUCH ME to read along

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Mexico looks like a nicer place than I give it credit for.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Chip422 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Chris - Love your trip report. Brings back so many fun memories. Completely forgot about the last hour and half of the bus ride…….. Mexico was amazing, the people were incredibly nice, and the parks were AWESOME! So, glad we got to meet!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7dabb3ef5cff0ae30685858e5eba0737.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby WFChris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:13 pm

This is a short video that CFMR posted about our day at Feria de la Ciudad De Mexico. I'm in there for quick little bits...mostly just look for the white sunglasses lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO58P6ZntZg&feature=youtu.be&a

There's a link until I figure out how to embed it.

Actually, I give up on trying to embed. If a moderator would be so kind as to help me with this, I would find it very helpful. Thanks :p

Woodie Warrior wrote:
Mexico looks like a nicer place than I give it credit for.

Mexico is a nicer place than most of the USA gives it credit for. Naturally, we like to focus on whats going on at the borders and in the border states, but if you look deeper into the country, it is fascinating and beautiful, and the people are so nice and wonderful. And the food ROCKS.

I tell people this all the time and I'll mention it here. I felt safer in Mexico City and Guadalajara than I do when I leave work in Downtown Los Angeles each night.
Last edited by WFChris on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:44 pm.
TOUCH ME to read along

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby KnottsBerryMountain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:50 am

What a good trip report! :) Six Flags Mexico does kind of remind me of Fiesta Village at Knotts when it had more spanish colors. The Crooked House is very nice! Why KBF LOL :)
Intamin! Intamin! Intamin!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:57 pm

WFChris wrote:I tell people this all the time and I'll mention it here. I felt safer in Mexico City and Guadalajara than I do when I leave work in Downtown Los Angeles each night.

QFT (Substitue Vancouver for Los Angeles)

And I want to go back, too.
Guadalajara, especially. And Jose' Cuervo!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:01 pm

^ Hopefully next time the Jose Cuervo Express won't break down in the middle of the highway. :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!