TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Hej! Writing this from my phone so bear with me.

1 dollar is something like 7 swedish crowns

The entrance fee is about 90 swedish crowns.

Easiest & cheapest for you would probably be to buy a wrist band that allows you to go on as many rides as you want, I belive those are about 300 swedish crowns.

I can try to edit a more complete answer once I get on a computer but I think I covered the most relevant stuff

Edit(from phone) : those coupons you are talking about are all the same, different rides cost a different amount of coupons (1-5?) and i belive they are about 20 kr/each, maybe cheaper of you buy a little collection of them

2 day entrance + wrist band is 590 kr or something around there

Edit2: some parks in europe (ex europa park) gives you a free entrance + wrist band at liseberg if you've got their season card ( and vice versa)

Thank you for the information, this makes it pretty clear to me already. Now I can finally make a minimum price for this trip. Since I'm staying 1 day I think the wristband is the best option for me. But it seems like I will ride Helix next year after all, already exited.

Anyway yet again thank you for explaining it.

Love the video Ap0ptosis, but search for "BlackScrap! - The World We Are" for a youtube video if you want to replace the sound for your video to keep the sound going.

Helix Blog update - All about the Station

Since there isn't much progress on the track itself, Lisa who runs the Helix blog posted some images of the progress that have been made on the station so far. They have however ground to a halt on parts on that project as well since they now need the track for the station area to be put into place, but that won't happen till January. So the only real progress in this area will be done to the queue so there is still lots to do. And since the queue is in the bowl of the station it's a great place to make some serious progress.

Source of the images below as well as several others: projekthelix.se - Stationen börjar ta form

cue.thumb.jpg.41dcddc67b37288f9c8bbf10a38a6754.jpg

Where all the queuing will take place

station1.thumb.jpg.bbabbe920a11fc2c96039b0b4d0859c2.jpg

Other direction next to the station trough

station3.jpg.7ce4b2a80d4d7dad3c765329a9c57cf8.jpg

Seen from the first launch

station5.jpg.44d0acf26bb434f09ee4987401f673c3.jpg

One of the passages between the station and maintenance building, that cut in the wall will be at the same height of the station floor, so it's pretty damn tall this building

So, I went to liseberg for the first time this year today. Wow! Helix looked so much better in reality, felt both larger and the hillside seemed steeper. The part from the airtime hump after the second corkscrew down to the pretzel look pretty darn steep which was a surprise to me.

The hill also didn't appear as naked as I imagined and it will probably look really awesome with all the new trees being planted.

^ It was really nice to hear that you like it

But then again, how can't you

Yeah, it's a lot larger than you think when you only have images to rely on, but I think that will change as the larger elements starts to appear on site next year.

^ It's not as bad as you think and they paint it up to be.

As it stands today then the final tally for Helix will be at least 231 MSEK. Onto that there is a 8 MSEK cushion to take care of unforeseen expenditures.

But here is the thing, on the Liseberg board meeting when they decided to go through with Project Helix then they decided that the complete ride must not cost more than 245 MSEK, so they are still within the financial limits of the ride investment. Meaning this article is a bit redundant and not really news worthy in my opinion. On the original press launch they said that the investment would be around 200 MSEK, so sure they have gone over "that" budget, but 231 MSEK is still "around" 200 MSEK..

More on this on GP.SE [swedish]

I guess that this article have something to do with a statement that a politician in Stockholm said a few weeks ago, that if Liseberg was located in Stockholm and if it were owned by Stockholm, it would be sold of to a private owner (of some sort) since the city shouldn't dabble with this kind of ventures, and it would be a nice addition to the city budget.

The thing is though that Liseberg runs itself without any additional funds from the City of Gothenburg (even though most people here don't know that, and claims that Liseberg sucks funds that could be used for School and Healthcare), and it's not only that but they are also giving the city of Gothenburg 20 MSEK every year back to the city, apart from all the taxes and everything else that the park generates in the City, the thing that is usually thrown around is that for every 1 SEK spent at Liseberg means 3 SEK spend on other things (hotels, transport, food, etc.) in the city. So in my mind it's a pretty sweet deal for the city itself to run a park of this magnitude, since it all comes back to Gothenburg.

The original articles below, unfortunately all in Swedish.

Original Article in GP: http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.2185350-fa-intresserade-av-att-kopa-liseberg

Another one: http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.2185940-klirr-i-kassan-om-bolagen-saljs

Andreas Andersen reply on his blog: http://www.lisebergblogg.se/andreas/att-aga-eller-inte-aga-det-ar-fragan/

I guess that this article have something to do with a statement that a politician in Stockholm said a few weeks ago, that if Liseberg was located in Stockholm and if it were owned by Stockholm, it would be sold of to a private owner (of some sort) since the city shouldn't dabble with this kind of ventures, and it would be a nice addition to the city budget.

The thing is though that Liseberg runs itself without any additional funds from the City of Gothenburg (even though most people here don't know that, and claims that Liseberg sucks funds that could be used for School and Healthcare), and it's not only that but they are also giving the city of Gothenburg 20 MSEK every year back to the city, apart from all the taxes and everything else that the park generates in the City, the thing that is usually thrown around is that for every 1 SEK spent at Liseberg means 3 SEK spend on other things (hotels, transport, food, etc.) in the city. So in my mind it's a pretty sweet deal for the city itself to run a park of this magnitude, since it all comes back to Gothenburg.

The ownership of Liseberg is one of the things I like most with the park. There is no interest from private owners and investors to fulfill.

It would not be the Liseberg we all love if the park had not been run they way it has, since it was opened.

If that were to change, I would really hate it.

^agreed on that!

While visiting the park was well filled but by no means to capacity - and nevertheless they operated Lisebergbanan with 5 trains and waits around 5-10 minutes. Many other parks seem to do not care - having more than one hour lines and still running only one train as if they might think "the less the poeple ride the less we have to pay for maintenance".

^agreed on that!

While visiting the park was well filled but by no means to capacity - and nevertheless they operated Lisebergbanan with 5 trains and waits around 5-10 minutes. Many other parks seem to do not care - having more than one hour lines and still running only one train as if they might think "the less the poeple ride the less we have to pay for maintenance".

I think those parks taught all Chinese parks about park operation