TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everland Discussion Thread

I rode Rolling X-Pain several times at different points in the day during my many visits to Everland to see if I could get a good ride on it. It was crap no matter what time I went on it. EF was consistently fantastic. The last time I was there was in 2010. I didn't go much after it was clear EF was not going to reopen. The ferris wheel was closed on my last couple of visits. The park likes to use the economy as an excuse not to fix things. Maybe people should use the economy as an excuse not to visit the park until they learn to keep the rides open.

• 6 months later...

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2013/05/123_136040.html

Koreans can now experience an African safari but don’t have to leave the country to do so. The Korean amusement park, Everland, just opened Lost Valley. The 50 billion won ($46 million) addition is now home to exotic animals and a ride through water in an amphibious vehicle.

The new facility, which commemorates the park’s 50th anniversary, opened at the end of April to a line of eager visitors. The facility has 150 animals, some of which are rare, such as white lions.

Aside from checking out animal exhibits, visitors can also experience a 13-minute tour on an amphibious vehicle. A tour guide tells visitors about the facility while traveling around.

“My children loved it. They even wrote a letter to the crew to thank them for their service,” said an office worker, 36, who visited the facility last week.

“It was a good opportunity to experience nature that wasn’t forcefully modified by humans. The amphibious truck was new to us as well,” she added.

The amphibious truck isn’t the only new thing at the site. The facility also has a companion grazing system, which places herbivores such as white rhinoceroses, in the same area as carnivores. It’s the first of its kind in Asia.

A German company designed the park to be a safe environment for both animals and visitors. While Everland’s Safari World encourages feeding the animals, it’s not allowed at Lost Valley.

“Lost Valley has animal-friendly surroundings, which is why we put distance between visitors and animals,” said an official of Lost Valley.

“While Safari World allows people to toss food to animals, Lost Valley is more about watching the animals, which is best for both animals and humans. We put a lot of effort into making nature-friendly landscaping,” he added.

Officials from Lost Valley and Safari World said it is a good time to introduce its facility as consumer’s attitudes have changed since Safari World opened. Officials say customers used to ask staff to do things to make animals fight, such as tossing raw meat into the enclosures, but this attitude has diminished in recent years.

An Everland entrance ticket allows visitors access to Lost Valley for free. Visitors can also request an audio guide, which is available in English and Chinese.

“We are putting more effort on reinforcing good services for foreign customers,” Public Relations Director Ryu Jeong-hun said.

While the company is working to attract more foreign customers, so far, attendance has hit about 10,000 visitors each day, which is about a fifth of Everland’s total visitors per day.

05-21-05-05.jpg.e836f1e7b4a5d7efe4e411bf3735d2d1.jpg

An amphibious vehicle at Lost Valley, a new feature at the Everland amusement park, drives though the ‘safari facility’ surrounded by elands and giraffes. Everland in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, launched the attraction at the end of April to celebrate the park’s 50th anniversary. It houses 150 animals including rare white lions.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 5 months later...
What is it? RCDB says SBNO, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Google Maps shows it as of 2013, but considering nobody has talked about it, I wanted to start a thread. Maybe by now, they'll finally decide what to do with it.

Search is your friend. Don't start a new thread without it.

I moved your post to this existing thread.

What is it? RCDB says SBNO, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Google Maps shows it as of 2013, but considering nobody has talked about it, I wanted to start a thread. Maybe by now, they'll finally decide what to do with it.

I've posted photos, i've never known what to make of it since the area of eagles fortress has not been touched in many years so it's completely overgrown and rusted, everland seems quite fond of leaving rides in and putting memorials down for their rides and it would probably be quite expensive to remove eagles fortress off that steep hill when some of the trrack and especially supports and footers is almost buried by plants, trees grass etc. Lately Everland has been working on putting things inside buildings, with a pororo 4d cartoon, their 3rd chairlift and a hologram PSY show since gangnam style went huge. They finally did some huge land clearing and I had hoped this would be the new thrills they mentioned but it turned into a second safari ride with a land boat vehicle to complement their tiger bus safari. It was a huge investment for everland according to korean papers and i've seen 4 hour lines for it so I do wonder if it will be a while before the next big project.

P1110617.thumb.jpg.cdd247c1dab738ea9ba0c9d5744cf197.jpg

They have this sign up for the ride but i'm assured every-time I ask that the sign is incorrect

P1110616.thumb.jpg.96bd146ad72e97beaccf57f129a3c1ad.jpg

This is the korean sign further down (been there for 2 years at least now) i've been pointed to and my g/f kindly translated being korean:

Title: Eagles fortress shutting down

dear customer 독수리요새 (eagle fortresses korean name), the most loved and first hanging coaster of korea is now shut down. Thank you for your love and care of it for the last 18 years. We will come back with a new attraction which has more thrills instead of eagles fortress. please give us your interest and support, thank you.

P1110614.thumb.jpg.fe6e5ac2521e975cdec52040d5f2b8ce.jpg

Another memorial

The reason it is SBNO and not removed is probably money. Why spend the cash until you have something to put in its place or it becomes to much of an eye sore or safety issue.

The reason it is SBNO and not removed is probably money. Why spend the cash until you have something to put in its place or it becomes to much of an eye sore or safety issue.

Plus for an open year round park with a daily firework show it would be a huge-undertaking to try and get a ride out like this that pretty much hugs the side of a mountain in darkness, no closed season and long opening hours would mean having to get the bigger construction machines and cranes in and out in such a short span of time each night.

There is big money in scrapping large rides that no longer work. The removal of Eagle's Fortress would probably require the double swinging boats to be closed for a bit, but that would be all they have to close to remove the ride. I hope Everland builds a new coaster soon. With Chinese and Japanese parks building several coasters, I sort of feel that Korean parks are a bit behind in terms of having a good selection of coasters...not that there aren't some really great coasters in Korea, but a lot of coasters have closed there recently including two great coasters at Kumdori Land.

Has a terrain-based coaster been relocated before?

I do not know but I don't see any on RCDB, however, that only lists 42 terrain coasters. What if the track was saved but the supports were scrapped and another company re-engineered the supports for flat or gently sloped land? However, given the shape that some say the coaster is in, I think the chances are very slim.

We do not know what condition the track is in, but I would say it is rusting and probably has hairline cracks all over it. A terrain coaster could be relocated if another park had a very similar spot of land. EF would be an easy ride to duplicate someplace else. I agree that new supports could be made and the track kept. With that being said, I lived in Korea for over five years and I was a season pass holder of Everland. I never noticed any rides being down for very long, except when they replaced track on Rolling X Train a few years back. I am not saying Everland is unsafe, but I think that given their 365 days a year schedule that they probably run things until they break or are worn out. i never saw EF closed one time before they closed it for good in 2009.

We do not know what condition the track is in, but I would say it is rusting and probably has hairline cracks all over it. A terrain coaster could be relocated if another park had a very similar spot of land. EF would be an easy ride to duplicate someplace else. I agree that new supports could be made and the track kept. With that being said, I lived in Korea for over five years and I was a season pass holder of Everland. I never noticed any rides being down for very long, except when they replaced track on Rolling X Train a few years back. I am not saying Everland is unsafe, but I think that given their 365 days a year schedule that they probably run things until they break or are worn out. i never saw EF closed one time before they closed it for good in 2009.

I live in Korea now and that is incorrect as of now the rides have a rehab schedule but they don't post it on the english website only on the korean one, all rides have a scheduled rehab from anywhere from 2 weeks to a month each year, for example for the last 3 years T-Express has always been down end of january/start of februrary for its yearly rehab for 2-3 weeks. The log ride and water rides always get there rehabs in winter as well and on my first ever visit there was a sign that the huss frisbee was down for a month. Lotte World and Everland are pretty much like any other 365 day park like disney or universal, they rotate what rides are down throughout the year.

Edit: here is there rehab list you'll see some rides on there whose status of closed won't change for a week or two: http://www.everland.com/service/front/frontTime.do?method=holiday&siteCode=CT00101

I am sure they rehab the rides, but I have not lived in Korea for a few years, so I am unaware of what goes on at Everland now. It just seemed like they never kept rides closed very long. From Oct of 2007-August of 2010, I visted Everland more than 60 times and never noticed rides closed for very long if at all. I know the water rides were closed much of the winter and were probably did go through a rehab at that time, but I also remember Eagle's Fortress and Rolling X-Train operating for most, if not all of the time until late January of 2009 when EF closed.They actually closed bother rides around the same time and sections of track were replaced on X-Train. The fact that two major coasters closed at once and X-Train was down for several months, leads me to believe that they may have ran those things until they just wore out. Maybe now that a few high profile accidents have happened, maybe rides over here will be better taken care of.

I am sure they rehab the rides, but I have not lived in Korea for a few years, so I am unaware of what goes on at Everland now. It just seemed like they never kept rides closed very long. From Oct of 2007-August of 2010, I visted Everland more than 60 times and never noticed rides closed for very long if at all. I know the water rides were closed much of the winter and were probably did go through a rehab at that time, but I also remember Eagle's Fortress and Rolling X-Train operating for most, if not all of the time until late January of 2009 when EF closed.They actually closed bother rides around the same time and sections of track were replaced on X-Train. The fact that two major coasters closed at once and X-Train was down for several months, leads me to believe that they may have ran those things until they just wore out. Maybe now that a few high profile accidents have happened, maybe rides over here will be better taken care of.

Lotte World also has the same practice though, right now Atlantis is down for a long rehab and French Revolution is down for 2 months. Both of their big coasters they took down at the same time.

I mentioned in some earlier trip reports that getting on T express has been really hit and miss with it being listed as waiting on the queue boards and even on the online schedule list this year it's been listed as waiting a lot. Waiting is what the boards say in English when a ride is down for whatever reason weather etc but will maybe open later.

On all the times i've visited the park its been down due to wind and if the weather hasn't calmed down by the afternoon it has never re-opened maybe due to the fireworks show a few hours away and not wanting people to rush to get the ride in when they see it is open. It seems this has been an ongoing problem as Everland now has a reservation system in effect for weekends and holidays, you have to have a ticket to join the line for t express, no word on if this is permanent or just for the colder winter months where it goes down more often.

From park open until 11am you will be allowed to line up but after 11am you have to get a ticket to return sometime two hours later so a ticket taken from 11-12 will give you a ticket for 1-2. After the 1pm tickets have run out, tickets will be on first come first served basis until they've run out where guests can enter the line anytime from 3pm until t expresses scheduled closing time that day.

• 1 year later...

i1241070103.jpg.2146d9774259fc58f4e11d540c8b7ba0.jpg

Original Flume Ride before demolished

-I visited Everland in South Korea, which is popular with 'T Express', wooden coaster.

I saw the video of TPR riding T Express, and it was really amazing.

I'm thinking TPR might visited 'Safari World' and saw the ride called 'Flume Ride'.

'Flume Ride' was the log flume ride, but now it's gone.

I've already read the forum, and saw some people talking about this attraction, and even one's video of the ride, but I actually went there managed get some pictures of this new ride: 'Thunder Falls'.

This ride opened for public in July 31, 2015.

20150811_190550_HDR.thumb.jpg.50be5737c3fbcee99da8be1ea39ddb08.jpg

Corkscrew.jpg.57819b2048b57d1568de0afd549b00a3.jpg

20150811_184948.thumb.jpg.ffd7d2c4905535b8c5818a4e4b7414c5.jpg

20150811_185618.thumb.jpg.e31b3bae5ed48eb8a200eac677711bab.jpg

20150811_190852_HDR.thumb.jpg.64f565e66f2453b2d9309e00915181b4.jpg

You will probably need raincoats since it's really wet ride. No matter where you sit, you still get splashed by the water.

20150811_185519.thumb.jpg.bb5922cc5ab1ddffa990dd5478b50ad5.jpg

20150811_185205.thumb.jpg.38608702a23f17890d9c34959c322b86.jpg

Today's waiting time was 40 minutes. However, sometimes waiting time reaches 60 minutes, so be careful and be quick when you reach Everland! Get ready for your exciting rafting adventure!

20150811_190617.thumb.jpg.cf91204b4ca2c2101371cd4c620c073d.jpg

Safety Instructions for 'Thunder Falls'.

20150811_184351.thumb.jpg.ab3eb380d4f7162b7cee3c12d141f152.jpg

Sign in the waiting line

20150811_190857.thumb.jpg.f5a86e60efeb81b463ced5f67744aa69.jpg

What a splash!

20150811_185359.thumb.jpg.6713a59b66b84133063016258f6d004c.jpg

View of Waiting Line

20150811_190839_HDR.thumb.jpg.1c8b42610a78e1ce5776312e0b31a2f7.jpg

Edited by Tim2009

^ You are correct. It's got a backwards drop and turntables after both lifts for the drops instead of turns. As Tim said lines are 40-60 minutes but that's actually better than the old flumes line, the bigger boats are really helping. Although summer is when the park is actually at it's most quiet, the hot weather and the water-park being in full swing pulls most of the crowds. It'll be interesting to see how popular this is at Halloween & next spring when the park gets really busy (the old flume used to get 3 hour lines then)

Tim, did you get a look at any of the other construction sites? I know the one near the entrance is for the 2016 attraction (Pandas) and there's a new fun house going where Oz was but I'm curious about the hillside where Eagles Fortress was. I was excited since it was a big area they were digging out but other people who have been more recently than me told me that it was going to become an Everland hotel, but I haven't been able to go see yet.