TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would choose WDW. It's a very hard decision but WDW, to me seems like a large magical place with many exciting attractions and less "concrete and coasters". I feel immersed in theming at WDW which is the total opposite at CP. I do like both, however WDW just feels like a foreign place.

This isn't even a question for me. I'm a theme park fan rather than a coaster fan so WDW takes it hands down for me.

I had a fun day at Cedar Point when I was there over the summer, but I much preferred Epcot food & wine from open till close a couple of weeks ago!

This is really a hard question. It's "theme" versus "amusement", and "action" versus "atmosphere". I think I'll go with WDW. I used to be all about the roller coasters, and it wasn't until very recently that I realized there's more to the industry than that. I love the immersive feeling I get from WDW. If you would have asked me a couple years ago, I would have said Cedar Point hands down. Although it still is a very close finish between these two.

Well for me, I am all about atmosphere so it would defiantly have to be WDW. I think that cedar point is a fine park and all (Massively over rated IMO) but I am mostly about the atmosphere. Thats is why I love parks like Dollywood, kennywood, hershey park, and Busch gardens Williamsburg. They just have an amazing set up at these places and thats what I love in a park. So yeah WDW is defiantly my choice

Ive been to both and have to say. If I want to have the greatest thrill of my life I would head over to Cedar Point any time. I think it is the greatest park for thrill in the world, and since I will go on anything NO MATTER how scary it looks it is a good match for me.

That being said. I would trade Millenium Force for mad tea party any day. The mad tea party means I am at some disney park. Disneyland, Walt Disney World it doesnt matter. The point its, they will always be the best and the place I will always want to go the most. Yes I love thrill and am not scared of any coaster or ride, but I preffer story, atmosphere and the greatest and magical feeling ever over any coaster.

So yes I gotta give props to Cedar Point. I though they were much better then I expected and actually almost Disney Quality in many aspects but they will never Reach the house of mouse. The company that makes the greatest places in the world. Actually you could say that Cedar Point is the Disney of Amusement Parks while Disney wins over all theme AND amusement parks.

So yeah the verdict is, Disney Will always win. Always have and always will.

Walt Disney World hands down just love the atmosphere and the rides it's not just a theme park it's an experience, they take there time when it comes to there rides and attractions and make them so detail and top notch with a storyline It's like out of a storybook and in to real life. I mean any park can make a 400ft, 120mph slingshot on track! But that does not interest me, But Expedition Everest or Mission to Space & Tower of Terror I would rather wait for 2 to 3 years for them to make an attraction like them then go to places like Six Flags or Cedar Point (not knocking at them, that's my personal opinion)

Disney World, absolutely. I HATE Cedar Point. Too much walking, mediocre rides -- EXCEPT for Magnum, Gemini, Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster -- but then the restraints on MF and TTD are so restrictive, you can't ride them, so what's the point? And then there are the queues: CP: BORING, Disney: imaginative, interactive and fun. And the food at WDW is gourmet quality. Plus I live 5 miles from DisneyWorld.

WDW hands down... Dole Whip, Big Thunder at night, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, dodging AT-ATs during Star Tours, bellydancing in Morocco, DINOSAUR, Kona Grill's polynesian wings, scouring for Transportation Cards, the Mad Tea Party any time .... the list goes on.

Cedar Point hands down...Disney World is for small children and is so outdated it is ridiculous !!!! Give me Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick and Millennium Force any day . I spent 2 days at Cedar Point in August and am already planning my trip there from Virginia next summer .

I've never been to Walt Disney World so at the moment I would absolutely pick a visit there versus a visit to Cedar Point. That being said, once I've visited Walt Disney World I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't care about returning for a while, especially if I continue to live near Disneyland.

As to which I'd prefer, that is impossible to say without having visited Walt Disney World, but I will say that Cedar Point is one of my favorite parks and I personally like it a tad better than Disneyland (however, I've only visited Cedar Point once and visit Disneyland at least once a year (often several), so that could influence it). They do appeal to completely different audiences, so it is impossible to declare one better than the other.

While Cedar Point is the Roller Coaster Capital of the World, Walt Disney World is still the best place to go. With thrill rides, family rides, high quality shows, the food (oh the food!) and the interactivity between the guests and hosts is the best in the world.

I agree with what others have said about it depending on who you're going with and what you're looking for, but I'm going with Cedar Point. Walt Disney World is incredible. It's truly an immersive experience. However, I feel that over the years WDW has let its position as the premiere vacation destination of the planet go to its head. The rides and attractions there are still amazing, and they've done a good job at keeping things fresh and innovative. But the other parts of a theme park experience - the ambiance, the food, the on-property hotels - they seem to be losing their sparkle.

My last trek to WDW was last year, I went with my sister and her kids (ages 7 & 10). Getting past the sticker shock one often experiences with a trip to WDW, it met my expectations in most areas, but failed miserably in others. If one is going to spend over $4000 for a group of 4 people for a week of Disney-esque bliss, I expect more bliss. Mainstreet USA was starting to show its age. The cleanliness I associated with Disney appears to be slipping, with quite a bit more litter and overflowing trash cans than my last visit. The once avant-grade 5-star food found at the Deluxe Resorts (we stayed at the Grand Floridian) felt more reminiscent of an IHOP than a high end restaurant, though the prices sure didn't! The slightly annoying - though always smiling - 'cast' of employees, who used to be freakishly effective at anticipating our needs, now seemed more nonchalant and ambivalent.

I understand that, over time, it is difficult to maintain the level of service that is supposed to be unmatched in the industry. That's one of the reasons Disney can get away with a walk-up gate price at the Magic Kingdom of over $100. But, to be honest, this time around it didn't feel worth it. The Mouse appears to be slacking a bit these days.

Cedar Point, on the other hand, doesn't try to live up to an expectation it can't meet. I went there this summer with my niece and nephew. You want thrill rides? Check. You want decent food at a relatively fair price? Check. You want lots of areas for the little ones to play? Check. You want recognizable themed characters in costumes? Check. Cedar Point succeeds because, unlike several other amusement parks, it isn't trying to be Disney (though I worried it may go down that road when Ouimet took over from Kinzel as Cedar Fair CEO). Yes, the lines are long, the crowds get ridiculous. The rides aren't really themed. The park can be a tad dingy. There's no 5-star dining. Hotel Breakers & Sandcastle Suites cannot even be compared to The Grand Floridian, or the Polynesian, or the Wilderness Lodge. However, I think these things give Cedar Point a distinct advantage over Walt Disney World. It's no frills and AFFORDABLE, and manages to do so without feeling like you're sacrificing on quality.

Plus, there are the roller coasters.

I know Disney has never really portrayed itself as a "thrill ride" destination. But, if they continue to slack off in so many areas, they'll end up losing the right to justify their prices... and people will stop coming. I know, for me, if and when I go again, I'll be staying off-property. My next trip to Cedar Point, however, will include a suite at the Hotel Breakers... my niece liked to watch the sun rise over Lake Eire.

For me, my choice depends on one variable: time.

If I had to spend only one or two days at each resort, my choice would be Cedar Point. For three or more, I would choose WDW.

My reasoning is that I generally prefer theme parks to amusement parks. However, if I am limited on time, I will probably find myself focusing more on getting in as many rides as possible in the time I have. If I have more time, I can spend more time absorbing the theming of certain areas, as well as seeing things that I might be less interested in initially, such as shows. If i have a limited amount of time, I would choose Cedar Point, because with a limited amount of time, I would focus more on riding rides, and I enjoy riding rides at Cedar Point more than WDW. However, with more time to soak in the atmosphere, WDW would easily win for me. I have spent two consecutive days at Cedar Point, five days at WDW on one trip, and a two day run at WDW on another trip. I might take the two days at Cedar Point over the two days at WDW, but I would easily take five days at WDW over five days at Cedar Point. (Is any resort outside of WDW that is worthy of a week visit? Maybe Tokyo Disney?)

It is kind of a toss up on what a person is looking for. If it is extreme thrills than CP is the way to go. If you want a more laid back take your time enjoy the vacation than WDW would be the answer. For me, CP would be first priority, but for my kids.......well better get a big checkbook LOL.

Yeah I know its kind of a non answer but I agree, I find it hard to compare the two. Its kind of how in California we can choose to go to Disneyland Anaheim if just looking for a laid back amusement park experience or Magic Mountain if all you want is thrilling coasters..theyre in different classes to me.

If I had to choose one I'd pick Cedar Point because personally I prefer coasters.