TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Browse the TPR Forums on your Smart Phone with Tapatalk!

taptalk_icon.jpg.dba983530473e5dbb8f865c253b11704.jpg

Browse the TPR Forums from your Smartphone using Tapatalk!

Download from the Apple App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732?mt=8

Hey everyone!

At one point we had quietly installed the ability for our members to use a mobile app called "Tapatalk" and we had tested it for a bit, but to be honest, we weren't too happy with it.

With some of the recent changes we've made to the forum, and some new features added to Tapatalk, we're going to give it another try.

Tapatalk is available for your iPhone (and apparently Android & Windows phones, I guess) and once you download it from the App Store follow these directions:

INSTRUCTIONS!

1. Search the App Store - Download and install the app to your mobile device.

2. From the menu on the left, click "Explore"

3. In the search bar on the top, type in Theme Park Review

4. Log in with your username/password

5. Browse and post to the forum!

6. If you can see this thread in Tapatalk, respond to it so we can see if it works for everyone!

Once you have logged in, your TPR login details should appear under "accounts" so you won't have to re-login again.

NOTE - To upload photos, Click the ... In the menu above the keyboard when you are replying to a post and make sure the option for "photo sharing" says "attachment."

Let us know how things work!

Thanks for your help!

--Robb

EDIT: I guess the real question would be - For those of you on your mobile devices a lot, would you use this app over browsing the forums with Safari or whatever other browser you use?

KNOWN ISSUES

- When editing a post that has a photo in it, you may get an error when you try to submit. It is likely that the edited changes will be submitted, even though you still get the error. This is an error due to us changing the behaviour of how photos are uploaded to PHPBB3 to accommodate for multiple images being uploaded when use a browser, so at this time, it doesn't look like this issue can be addressed.

- Android users may experience issues uploading photos that are not placed "inline." Since we are only officially supporting the iPhone version, this issue will not be addressed.

taptalk_icon_smaller.jpg.5a50ce97306e62546e27a061934b1bd9.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the real question would be - For those of you on your mobile devices a lot, would you use this app over browsing the forums with Safari or whatever other browser you use?

Testing the "quote" functionality. In the app, if you tap a post, it brings up some options. One of them is to quote a post. And here it is! Hooray!

I find it useful in two ways:

1. No zooming in and out all the time and less scrolling left and right to read posts

2. Saves mobile data usage. Great for peeps on limited data mobile service

If tapatalk is not available I use Safari. I use whatever is the best that is available.

I guess the real question would be - For those of you on your mobile devices a lot, would you use this app over browsing the forums with Safari or whatever other browser you use?

Yes, I would use this over Safari or other browsers. It is a much more fluid and smooth experience through this app than it is on a mobile browser.

Testing the "quote" functionality. In the app, if you tap a post, it brings up some options. One of them is to quote a post. And here it is! Hooray!

A quote quoted!

A quote quoted!

i

I would this over safari,much easier!

Never used it before, but I may use it for english forums. Until now I used computer for checking forums in english and italian (I use auto translate for italian -> english via google translate in chrome), but I do check forums in my language (slovenian) on phone very often - every few minutes when I have time.

I heard about Tapatalk before but was too lazy to check it out.

I think that I will check forums in english more often now with Tapatalk, problem is that I'll still check italian ones with computer with chrome for translating and slovenian forums via safari on mobile since most of them don't support or work with Tapatalk.

Then again, it is still ok to read TPR forum on mobile, at least on iPhone with retina and other high resolution phones. And there is this "feel" if you are actualy on the page itself, you know that this is TPR forum and it is not the same as it is on Tapatalk. We'll see how it goes.

What are the differences between the 3.99$ and Free versions of Tapatalk?

The priced version was version 2 and the free one was version 1 and they were totally different but then they decided to go free so updated the free to be the same as version 2 but left them both on the store

Please correct me if I'm wrong