TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

I'm going to be going to this park the first weekend of August, and I have a few questions. First, how crowded does this park get on weekends (I will be there either on a Friday or Saturday)? Where can I get discounts for admission? Any other advice for a first-time visitor to this park?

Discount admission coupons can be obtained from local Subway restaurants. MoA subway does not have them,

There is also a ClubTPR discount if your a member via the NickU online ticketing system

Park can get busy on the weekends, as long as there is no special events you should be able to get the majors done in 3-4 hours with no problems including some re-rides.

Get to the park early at opening..

Jerry

Spongebob was probably one of the smoothest coasters i have ever been on.

Is that a joke...?

Spongebob is very smooth in the front middle seats. Otherwise, you shuffle in your seat a lot.

I rode front seat middle left and im not joking it was one of the smoothest rides ever. Lol maybe it has changed

Is that a joke...?

Spongebob is very smooth in the front middle seats. Otherwise, you shuffle in your seat a lot.

Alright guys, the joke wasn't funny the first time...

Is that a joke...?

Alright guys, the joke wasn't funny the first time...

For someone who's location is riding Spongebob, you sure don't know what seats to sit in for a smooth ride.

• 8 months later...

OK. Let's add some new info for Nick U. A few weeks ago I asked a park employee what was going on as I saw some construction going on. He told me a Hard Rock Café was going in where the old food court was. Also, they are adding a zip line from the ghostly gangplank all the way to somewhere by Jimmy Newtrons. The last thing he mentioned was a planetarium going above the arcade area. Lots' of new stuff coming. Wish it were another coaster! How about a coaster that has the station in the park but the coaster leaves the building for it's circuit before returning. The tracks could be enclosed in a tube to keep it running all year long. Just a thought!

OK. Let's add some new info for Nick U. A few weeks ago I asked a park employee what was going on as I saw some construction going on. He told me a Hard Rock Café was going in where the old food court was. Also, they are adding a zip line from the ghostly gangplank all the way to somewhere by Jimmy Newtrons. The last thing he mentioned was a planetarium going above the arcade area. Lots' of new stuff coming. Wish it were another coaster! How about a coaster that has the station in the park but the coaster leaves the building for it's circuit before returning. The tracks could be enclosed in a tube to keep it running all year long. Just a thought!

Yeah, NU needs a new coaster soon. If it were to get one, it would have to be something small like a Wild Mouse, because there is very little space left in there. Although it probably wouldn't be a Wild Mouse because there's one nearby at Valleyfair. I can't really think of any other small footprint coasters that would fit in there and still be thrilling.

Yeah, NU needs a new coaster soon. If it were to get one, it would have to be something small like a Wild Mouse, because there is very little space left in there. Although it probably wouldn't be a Wild Mouse because there's one nearby at Valleyfair. I can't really think of any other small footprint coasters that would fit in there and still be thrilling.

Plus, they already have a spinning mouse (Fairly Odd Coaster). This doesn't necessarily mean that they wouldn't add a "regular" wild mouse, though.

Edited by cfc

S&S El Loco

S&S El Loco

I was about to agree, then I remembered that I consider the El Loco to pretty much be a Eurofighter equivalent.

With the new El Loco in Adventuresome, I say an El Loco would work well with Spongebob and contrast in rides. It seems El Locos like to stay slow and take on wierd elements when Spongebob is more for speed and classic maneuvers.

When in doubt, I say they could easily add the first S&S 4D Free Spin. Might have to be small, but it could work.

S&S El Loco

I was about to agree, then I remembered that I consider the El Loco to pretty much be a Eurofighter equivalent.

With the new El Loco in Adventuresome, I say an El Loco would work well with Spongebob and contrast in rides. It seems El Locos like to stay slow and take on wierd elements when Spongebob is more for speed and classic maneuvers.

When in doubt, I say they could easily add the first S&S 4D Free Spin. Might have to be small, but it could work.

The park does have some room where the old creek used to run through. Also, remove the theater in the corner by the Peep store. I haven't seen that area used for 10 years. That would create quite a bit of space. NU has done a great job of "mixing" rides together. Another coaster suspended above the midway only uses small footprints of support beams like Orange Streak. I could totally see a launched coaster that would span the length of the park!

Zip line is confirmed..

http://www.twincities.com/entertainment/ci_25661100/tired-shopping-try-ziplining-across-mall-america

Tired of shopping? Try ziplining across Mall of America

By Tom Webb

twebb@pioneerpress.com

Posted: 04/29/2014

If shopping doesn't thrill you, how about riding a zipline through Mall of America?

The Bloomington megamall next month will begin installing two ziplines stretching high above the walkways of its centerpiece Nickelodeon Universe theme park.

Nathan Klutz, the mall's director of construction, said Tuesday that when the ziplines open this summer, the cables will span 405 feet, or most of the east-west axis of the indoor amusement park. Construction is scheduled to be finished by July.

Zipline riders will start about 55 feet in the air, beginning at the existing Dutchman's Deck ropes course in the theme park's northwest corner.

Riders will zip to the east, over the giant pineapple, past the Dora Ferris wheel and over the carousel, before ending the first leg of their ride at a tower near the Swiper Sweeper ride. They then will climb up the tower to make the return trip.

Details on the ticket price weren't available Tuesday. The Dutchman's Deck ropes course is one of the few Nick Universe attractions that aren't included in an all-day unlimited ride wristband, and it's likely the zipline won't be included, either.

Mall of America owns the amusement park, which has been affiliated with the children's TV network Nickelodeon since 2008. Before that, the park was known as Camp Snoopy and run by Ohio-based Cedar Fair LP.

Especially since the park was rebranded, the mall has invested in upgrading its attractions. It has added such rides as Avatar Airbender, the Splat-O-Sphere, the SpongeBob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge roller coaster and, more recently, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock.

The zipline plans show how the space-restricted indoor park is finding new ways to add attractions - by moving upward. It did the same when it added the Dutchman's Deck ropes course and the Anchor Drop circular slide.

Edited by larrygator

The zip line should be a nice (and profitable) addition. Upcharge attractions like these live off of spectator potential. Having someone fly across the length of the park will definitely grab people's attention. Now, if they only price it properly...

As for future attractions, I would love to see a launched coaster. I think something along the lines of Anubis/Lynet or Sky Rocket would be a great fit at the park.