TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I know this has probably been asked quite a few times before, but has anyone ridden Voyage this year. I remember reading that they were doing more track work on the return trip. Im curious if this has made the ride any smoother. Last time I rode it, the ride was great up to the turn right before the camera. This part was extremely rough. Im curious if anyone else had this experience and if it has improved because im considering returning to the park this year.

I just rode it a couple of days ago. I had a similar experience as you. Most of the ride ran great; however, around the camera it started getting pretty rough. It was my first time riding and although it was an amazing and crazy ride, the rough ending put it behind El Toro and Outlaw Run for me.

I know this has probably been asked quite a few times before, but has anyone ridden Voyage this year. I remember reading that they were doing more track work on the return trip. Im curious if this has made the ride any smoother. Last time I rode it, the ride was great up to the turn right before the camera. This part was extremely rough. Im curious if anyone else had this experience and if it has improved because im considering returning to the park this year.

I rode it in May and I found it to be running really good. I was pleasantly surprised how well last years track work held up. Repeating what most people have been saying, the only rough parts I found were a couple spots after the mid-course break run up until the 3rd 90 degree turn and the quick transition to left as you dive into the last underground tunnel.

^ That sounds like a great idea. Blast through a tunnel under the road to that wooded area.

How about a Gravity Group racing coaster with a bridge over the road like Ravine Flyer II featuring a High-Five element? Then have the underground tunnel coming back under the road.

A bit off topic.... Paula, do you know what percentage of your attendance use the waterpark? Are you able to make those figures available?

We took out the turnstile counters years ago, so I don't have a percentage to give you. But I'd say many of our Guests do spend a portion of their day in Splashin' Safari.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see RMC come to Holiday World, but I want to see an awesome signature steel coaster there before any other wooden coasters come along.

Whatever Holiday World does it will be awesome! I doubt we will see a coaster in 2014 though no ground work or markings at this point make it unlikely. Maybe 2015?

I agree. I was hoping for 2014, but I think you are probably right. Its most likely going to be 2015 before we see a new coaster constructed.

Whatever Holiday World does it will be awesome! I doubt we will see a coaster in 2014 though no ground work or markings at this point make it unlikely. Maybe 2015?

If I had to guess, I bet they add some major water ride out by Hyena Falls. Hyena Falls is quite far from the rest of the waterpark, even though Giraffica is right next to it. They said the projects were going to be big for the next three years. So my money is on something very initiative/never seen before from ProSlide. Definitely would make the walk out to Hyena Falls more worth it and would stretch out the waterpark. Which would hopefully make it seem not as crowded during mid-July/early-August.

To me it looks like the only thing the water park lacks is some major thrill slides.

A set of four aqua loops would be great for them, as they are quite popular even with kids, not just grown ups.

Or maybe we could see Proslide's first set of four superloops.

Can you not access Pilgrims Plunge (Giraffica, sorry its going to be hard to call it that) from the dry park anymore?

It's officially part of the water park. There is a new entrance to Splashin Safari right where Girrafica is located. Technically you can wear shorts and a shirt on most (if not, all) of their water slides.

To me it looks like the only thing the water park lacks is some major thrill slides.

A set of four aqua loops would be great for them, as they are quite popular even with kids, not just grown ups.

Or maybe we could see Proslide's first set of four superloops.

Well, the Wildebeest and Mammoth are pretty thrilling in theirselves. Don't get me wrong as I would love a body slide of some sort, but I just doubt it will happen. Again, I really have no idea what HW has in store for 2014/15. Edited by Koasterking48

I sure can't wait to see what happens. Apparently there's a number of rides (flats mostly) I haven't ridden yet and need to, along with the new Hyena Falls, so I need to get back out to the park again before this summer's over.

Also, Wildebeest and Mammoth are pretty thrilling in my book.

Did Giraffica receive any retheming?

I've been trying to think of where I saw a photo of them adding some type of themeing to the ride. Then it finally dawned on me that I saw this photo on their instagram through their twitter page.

Idk if this is the only thing they added, but it's better than nothing!

I was not there for Pilgrim's Plunge but when we were there a few weeks ago, the sign had been revamped to Giraffrica (love the name & logo, BTW) but it seemed to have little to no theming...just out, around, up, down, around and done. Not that there is anything wrong with that...it's definitely a unique ride of which we had never ridden before.

The area next to it where Hyena Falls is located seems very remote from the rest of the park. You can see that this area looks to be under development as I would assume that there is no way that they would have those two rides sitting way out in the middle of nowhere and not plan to expand. How much land is owned around that area? (I saw a guy out plowing his field with a tractor nearby)

Raven Maven, please help!

Giraffrica (love the name & logo, BTW)

I've always liked the names Holiday World was able to come up with for their waterpark rides. They're always creative and interesting, except for Mammoth. I guess sometimes it's better to state the obvious.

Thanks. It's quite an ordeal naming rides - lots of different opinions, as I'm sure you can imagine. When our Swahili dictionary started wearing thin, we moved back toward safari animals. For YEARS I'd suggested Wildebeest and was laughed at. LAUGHED AT! In fact, Wildebeest would come up when we were naming just about anything over the years, to tease me.

In a weak moment, enough staff members voted to call our first water coaster "Wildebeest" that I was at last triumphant.

On the day it opened - seeing all the people running/stampeding to try it out - the name seemed to fit even better. One of my last chats with Will Koch was during the HoliWood Nights photo walkback for Wildebeest - when he agreed we'd chosen the right name.