TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

I really wish Kings Island is getting something like this. Pretty much an extreme Cheetah Hunt/extended Maverick. I mean you can't copy the terrain but this ride is out of this world. Looks like a video game, I can't believe this is coming to real life.

Why do you think it would be removed?

All the other times the park has built a big thrill coaster, the old one has been removed. Except Balder but he's wooden without any loops.

I don't think it won't happen this time, at least for a while. Since they now have more space than they know what to do with it, so removing rides for new rides due to space constraints won't happen. It may be removed due to that it won't have that much riders with Helix opened, I mean who in their sane mind would prefer Kanonen to Helix?

Why do you think it would be removed?

All the other times the park has built a big thrill coaster, the old one has been removed. Except Balder but he's wooden without any loops.

I don't think it won't happen this time, at least for a while. Since they now have more space than they know what to do with it, so removing rides for new rides due to space constraints won't happen. It may be removed due to that it won't have that much riders with Helix opened, I mean who in their sane mind would prefer Kanonen to Helix?

^This!

And if you think about it, Kanonen and Helix doesn't really have that much more in common other than that they're both launched coasters. They have different elements, are in different corners of the park and the launches will be quite different, rolling vs. stationary start.

All in all I'm very excited about Helix!

It may be removed due to that it won't have that much riders with Helix opened, I mean who in their sane mind would prefer Kanonen to Helix?

Yeah, this was the main reason I thought of. It's really not that great of a coaster and my last visits it seems to never have any line, despite single train operations. I can only imagine the effect Helix will have in ridership on it.

This is possibly my most highly anticipated 2014 non home park coaster. (My home park is Kings Island, so its kinda hard not to be excited when your home park is getting a new machine.) Although, Seven Dwarfs and the Gringotts Bank Coaster should be exciting too. Wow, it's only June and 2014 is already shaping up to be an exciting year!

Well just seeing this ride again... seriously. I love the perfect variety in elements. I love the low to the ground sections. I love the airtime hills. I love the length. I love the location. I need to ride this!

Based on how much I enjoyed the smaller simpler coaster, Manta, and how well-received Blue Fire was, I can easily see this as a top-ten , world class coaster.

ps- Why couldn't SFMM get this instead?