TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Finally got a chance to check out the ride last night - it is a great throw-your-hands-up-in-the-air-and-have-fun ride. Not sure how I would compare it to other GCI coasters but it is lots of fun and perhaps my favorite coaster in Orlando. Buying the annual pass last year as part of the half-off special has already greatly paid for itself!

If anyone around town wants to meet up and grab a few laps just drop me a message. My office is just up the road - I plan on swinging by on my way home from work a few times a week to unwind from a day at the office!

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Invertalon, if you're talking about today, I was there around 4pm for about 15 laps in a yellow shirt.

Got my 101st ride on it today.

Edit: Were you out in a black shirt with a DSLR?

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Free beer? I'll be there.

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.

I figured you guys were enthusiasts...I just thought it was interesting that SHE was riding and you were taking the pictures lol. It's usually the other way around. I love just stopping in there for 30min to grab rides before continuing on with my day!

Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

That's the day before we leave for Coasting for Kids and I'm off....And free beer...Tempting.

Since TPR filmed all the B-Roll for Fun Spot (and thank you to a lot of our local riders who helped out!), we now have a brand new White Lightning video for you - every angle you can possibly imagine! Enjoy!

Thanks to Robb, Fox and Fun Spot for setting up the film shoot this morning, and getting us all cool stuff. After 16 rides White Lightning is definitely a winner: speed, airtime, and a great crew . RipCurl, even though its apparently been slowed down a bit, is still crazy, especially after three straight rides. Go Karts were fun with never ending laps, food was great, and the staff was nice and friendly.

Come check out Fun Spot's grand opening on June 8, where wristbands are only $15, and you can buy up to six of them per person to use in the future.

That park is a fun little spot in Orlando! We went there probably 4 nights last week and had a blast. It is nice how you can pull up, ride a few times and be driving away in 20 minutes... Can't do that many other places. Accessibility is so easy.

We ended up buying a season pass, although we feel in general the place is bit overpriced at the time. The passes at $120 IMO *should* include the other Fun Spot as well to make it a better value. It is just crazy to think you could buy a Universal/IOA pass for not much more. Either way, it was our only real option as the price per ride at $9 a pop would of added up quickly, and the day ticket was $40. So we had to suck it up and buy them.

That being said, the employees are amazing here. The crews were simply fantastic and full of energy. They all appeared to genuinely love their jobs. It was quite unexpected!

I ended up with 40+ rides on WL throughout the week and my girlfriend had around 65 I believe. Its nice when they let you just sit on the train for as long as you want without getting off. Again, the crews were simply amazing.

I recommend stopping by if you are in the area, for sure.

Dang that little coaster hauls some serious butt. I can't wait to check this ride out, shame my son is still just shy of the height requirement. By the way, how's the Enterprise ride running? I remember riding the one at Boardwalk and Baseball years ago and loved that ride.

Gawd, we had such a good time doing the "B Rolls". Looking forward to this saturday. I need my Lightning fix. The best part is that they are open til midnight and, hard to believe, we haven't had any night rides yet. That will be fixed this weekend for sure. It's really cool seeing the footage with us in it too, brings back great memories. Thanx to all..

I can only imagine what it would be like if the train was full of big people. Or if you put six on the left side of the train and one kid on the right. Hmmm... I think next month TPoRlando should do a whole experiment day on White Lightning.

The 14' tall Freedom Flyer figure is ready for installation. He will sit atop the FF building and hold a 20' tall pole with an American flag. He was fabricated by Dino Rentos Studios. They are also fabricating the dimensional theme fronts for the White Lightning.

1562076530_fffigure4.thumb.jpg.0cf0a3e7c18c37aec1698366f870cfe0.jpg

front view

1383776240_fffigure5.thumb.jpg.ff7af76c225201c40cf71c80931784a5.jpg

side view

1235145460_FFTheming2.thumb.jpg.29f6c1cbb876f12ded2001e208e7edc0.jpg

concept render