TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hopi Hari Theme Park 2011 - Brazil

^ Shouldn't really matter since this is supposed to have the same layout as the existing ones except for the drop so there shouldn't be the significant airtime that skyrush has.

It's not the airtime that makes them bad, it's the positive forces that push the lapbars past a comfortable level on your legs. If this coaster has strong positive forces, the same pinning will occur.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad that this coaster might never be built at Hopi Hari, since they don't have money to do it.

The new coaster was put on hold for another year when the accident on the drop tower happened, not because they ran out of money.

The owner of the park said he wants to re-start the construction in the first half of 2013.

Too bad that this coaster might never be built at Hopi Hari, since they don't have money to do it.

The new coaster was put on hold for another year when the accident on the drop tower happened, not because they ran out of money.

The owner of the park said he wants to re-start the construction in the first half of 2013.

That's not what happened. With the accident the attendance droped considerably, so they had to postpone everything. The Justice League area was postponed to December and opened partially incomplete.

Since last year the park is facing an attendance of around 2000 people a day. A lot of the rides are closed due to lack of parts to keep them running.The park can't sell or replace those rides, since they were all used as a guaranty for the loan the park got from the National Bank. Most rides at the park are operating in shor hours due to lack of operators. If that doesn't mean "run out of money" to you, I don't know what does.

So of course the manager (not the owner) will say to the press that it was all intended and that they are gonna re-start the construction soon.

• 2 months later...
Absolutely nothing. Construction site abandoned, coaster track in a storage area next to the parking lot.

That's really disappointing... Any idea if it might happen eventually, or is this a scrapped project and hopefully we will see this ride appear somewhere else in the world?

To be honest, it could go either way right now.

The park doesn't have the money to build it, but I don't know if they will be willing to let it go and sell it to another park.

The Justice League area that was under construction (actually it was under rethemeing) opened last friday. The whole area looks great for a brazilian park, and reminds me a lot of Six Flags.

The shuttle loop looks pretty cool with the new Superman theme:

Absolutely succeeded in every aspect/respect - CONGRATULATIONS then to BRAZIL!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It is insane to think that the full, brand new ride is ready to be assembled but is sitting in storage. They paid the money to order the track and the trains, so you figure they would have been prepared to build the ride when they ordered it.

Such a waste of what would likely be a fine Intamin ride...

• 2 months later...

Looks like the park is bankrupt!

Two alternatives are considered, either close the place or sell it/find an investor.

The park may have over invested with the new coaster and the Warner Bros. license, and the accident with the drop tower surely didn't help.

Source

^That's a shame for sure... I doubt they'll close considering how the park is so heavily invested in. My bet is a major park operator like Parques Reunidos or Village Roadshow will pick it up and operate it under its portfolio, and if it then continues to fail, they can liquidate the movable assets and distribute them to their successful parks (like was done with Geauga Lake).

Well, since none of the Brazilians members came here to reply i decided to do so, lol.

The park is actually going through a horrible phase, most of the rides are closed for a long long time (some for years), people say it's because they are waiting for maintenance pieces that have to be imported, others says that's because they don't have enough staff or people interested on working there to keep the rides running. But the thing is, some rides like the top spin are closed for like a year or more! The shuttle loop coaster opened for like a week in the past couple years and then closed again.

The reviews on the park's facebook page seems to be getting a lot worse day by day, people pay good money to go there and when they arrive, there are like 3 or 4 rides open and the queues times are ridiculous, like 4+ hours to get a ride on the main roller coaster (the wooden one).

Since the drop tower accident in 2012 they couldn't keep the construction on the new Intamin roller coaster going, the construction site is abandoned ever since and none have been said about it starting again anytime soon. The drop tower is still closed since the accident too, by the way.

Last week a newspaper reported that the park is planning to close for good due to financial issues, it's not the first time though, this already happened in 2009 when another company bought the park claiming they would revitalize it, but they couldn't, (the park already had financial issues since its opening, it never operated without debt) and looks like they are finally giving up now, so, unless another company shows up i guess it's likely the park could close soon. Sadly enough, Brazil will only have one major theme park left if this happens (Beto Carrero World), so, dear Orlando residents, expect more and more brazillians to come for a long long time. (sorry if i made some grammar mistakes, my english isn't *that* good. Bye!)

I feel like Brazil doesn't really need theme parks as all of the Brazilians come to Florida for the parks!

The problem is the brazilian government do not encourages the theme park industry here, the taxes and costs to maintain a theme park here are ridiculous. It's sad though, cause as you can see, theme parks really resonate well with brazilians, but they don't have good quality parks, so travelling to Orlando seems to be the only way to have some fun.

• 3 weeks later...

The park was pretty expensive to visit as well. The parks were on par with American parks cost wise. Even the up charge fast pass was pretty expensive. It's too bad they weren't able to turn things around. They did have a lot of characters like Marvel (?) and Looney Tunes. I'm sure that cost a lot of money with licensing.

• 5 months later...