TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

You are correct, our Enterprise (used to be the Wheelie) will have a brand new, state of the art LED package along with its bright new paint job..

Also, our Rip Curl ride has started to show up on site. It is a brand new, custom designed Himalaya style ride with a surfing theme. It will be housed in a new permanent structure shown here. Our owner's wife is showcasing the ride base, which is slightly taller than normal for a little more extreme ride.

smDSCF2402.thumb.jpg.147d0170749bf86b696c00ef1ff003f8.jpg

Rip Curl structure

744786179_smRipCurl122012037.thumb.jpg.165dae6e66d2ef6d9e232357b402c809.jpg

Ride base showcased by Lois Arie

smid_A16AEF8E-DE8A-4BC9-AF2C-D28AC44CD3D5.thumb.jpg.bbd585dd60160ed582561c71396fdcc5.jpg

Testing the scenery lighting at the Wisdom factory in Colorado

smDSCF2445.thumb.jpg.9460556b920baa5bf64cd9fae9a4374d.jpg

First shipment arrives

smDSCF2444.thumb.jpg.783edee48a2d924a4d009de9bf976205.jpg

First shipment arrives

That looks great, and I love the idea of a "slightly more extreme" Himalaya. A well-run Himalaya never gets old as is, an improved one should be amazing.

I can't wait to see what the Enterprise looks like!

Really, every update on this park makes me grin. It seems like the owners and management are really putting in all the effort they can to make this place special. This is the kind of park we need more of; I'll take a little place like this over a Six Flags any day. It's a long way from me at the other end of the east coast, but I'm definitely going to have to make an excuse to get there in the next year or two...absolutely have to support this kind of place!

I don't think we've heard the height requirements yet, but here's some comparable ones:

Enterprise: 42" (this is what it was at Six Flags Over Georgia)

Rip Curl: 48" (I believe this is the what it is for this Wisdom Rides model)

White Lightning: 48" (common requirement for Millennium Flyers)

Freedom Flyer: 44" (not 100% sure, but that's what it is on Kvasten at Gröna Lund)

SkyCoaster: 48" (that's if this one doesn't offer the pink flight suits or not, although I'm doubting it will due to the height)

I'm still not sure what other rides are going to be included. According to the rendering these are the other rides still not confirmed:

Scrambler: 48", 36-48" and accompanied by a responsible person

Tilt-a-Whirl: 46" or accompanied by a responsible person

Screaming Swing (I think, but unsure about the manufacturer)

These are not accurate, only my own guesses, not meant to throw anyone off.

Edited by Lareson

This park gets more and more awesome every time I drive past it or look at this thread. Adding the classic rides like Himalaya, Enterprise, and hopefully Scrambler and Tilt-A-Whirl is really going to give it a classic feel. I also really love the fact that they're making permanent installations for these rides as opposed to the more trailer-mounted style of the Kissimmee park. I think this expansion is going to be wildly successful, and I love living a mile away from it all!

Now, to whoever says we'll never see an Intamin Mega-Lite installed in the US, this park would be the best contender for one! (We know you guys are reading this!)

This rendering shows the park as it will open initially. The only differences will be minor, slight rotation of a ride or two, maybe. There will still be room for a number of additional rides in the future. Down the main path you will have the Chance Double-Carousel, Scrambler, Paratrooper, Larson Tilt-A-Whirl ( which will probably finish being installed today). Other side has the Schwarzkopf Enterprise Type III and the Wisdom Rip Curl (Himalaya). The Rip Curl is basically the same ride as the Cosmotron in Knoebels, except we have extended the height of the track to 10'. It's a larger ride than the Arctic Circle, bigger diameter - more cars. Of course there are the two large coasters, kiddie coaster & kiddie rides, and we think the new go-kart track will be the best one we've ever built. We build those in house, by the way. Also, The Rip Curl will begin to be installed next week. The first bridge and the double up double down bents will be complete today on the GCI, down to the restroom building.

1214274633_plot47Bsmlogo.thumb.jpg.604368505b0e0ff2eae143c3f2bf4204.jpg

Park rendering

I don't think we've heard the height requirements yet, but here's some comparable ones:

Enterprise: 42" (this is what it was at Six Flags Over Georgia)

Rip Curl: 48" (I believe this is the what it is for this Wisdom Rides model)

White Lightning: 48" (common requirement for Millennium Flyers)

Freedom Flyer: 44" (not 100% sure, but that's what it is on Kvasten at Gröna Lund)

SkyCoaster: 48" (that's if this one doesn't offer the pink flight suits or not, although I'm doubting it will due to the height)

These height restrictions are not accurate, and you shouldn't be making assumptions based on other parks, especially ones that aren't even in Florida, even worse, not even in the United States. For example, if you even bothered to look at the height restrictions of the other Fun Spot in Orlando, you'll see that their 300 foot SkyCoaster has a height restriction of 42". So please, don't not make assumptions on these rides, as you may very well be misleading someone who is looking for real information, only to get something that's not accurate at all.

Please just wait until the park posts the real information about each ride.

Thank you.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^In fairness, the only way a Skycoaster can have a 42" height restriction is if they have pink suits. Since the 300 footer has pink suits, I think we can assume this one will, too. But if it doesn't, it'll be a 48" restriction.

In any case, drove by the park today, White Lightning is looking faaaaaaaaaaantastic!!

^ Right, but what I'm saying is, those height restrictions that he posted could be WAY OFF, and who knows, they could be right on. All I know is that when some random person tries to Google "White Lightning Height Requirement" that post is now going to show up in the search results. And if we are wrong, then TPR is also responsible. In short, if you don't know for sure, don't give out information.

Edited by robbalvey

That was an initial concept proposed by a water park design firm. Since then we have purchased additional acreage, so it is unlikely that this design would be utilized. We were trying squeeze a water park into two acres, but we don't have that limitation now. Definite plans have not been made as to future development. The performance of the current expansion will influence those decisions.

That was an initial concept proposed by a water park design firm. Since then we have purchased additional acreage, so it is unlikely that this design would be utilized. We were trying squeeze a water park into two acres, but we don't have that limitation now. Definite plans have not been made as to future development. The performance of the current expansion will influence those decisions.

Gotcha. That figure 8 racer looked pretty cool. Also thank you for the response

So in other words, everyone go visit Fun Spot and help bring some more cool stuff for the future expansion

^Done and done. I'll actually be in Orlando this week for a family wedding. I'll be there a few days early to scout out the place-checking for potential yearround ride op employment and hopefully hitting some sort of park...With all that Disney and Universal hype around, I'm actually more excited to see this underdog of a park develop. Especially with this HUGE expansion...