TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

So I heard from a very reliable source that Holiday World is not done growing and they are in fact building a new stand up inverted hyper woodie called Long Shot to be located in their new Kentucky Derby themed holiday section.......

And a "long shot" that would be, indeed.

So I heard from a very reliable source that Holiday World is not done growing and they are in fact building a new stand up inverted hyper woodie called Long Shot to be located in their new Kentucky Derby themed holiday section.......

And a "long shot" that would be, indeed.

Even more consistent with the themeing, everyone loves a good underdog story!

a Valentine's Day area would be sweet, you just don't see anymore tunnels of love. I vote that Holiday World resurrect that ride. New for 2014, Tunnel of Love in Holiday World and a new looping water slide and tube launched speed slide right next to Hyena Falls!

You guys crack me up - thanks for the chuckle.

Hmmm...crack you up...chuckle.....ahh you guys are opening a comedy club now aren't you???

Hmm--"The Long Shot Comedy Club" . . . new shooting dark ride!

You guys crack me up - thanks for the chuckle.

Hmmm...crack you up...chuckle.....ahh you guys are opening a comedy club now aren't you???

Hmm--"The Long Shot Comedy Club" . . . new shooting dark ride!

I've been told more than once that I should do stand-up ... oh, wait!

Never mind ...

http://www.14news.com/story/21817103/holiday-world-ranked-second-only-disney

According to thousands of parents polled by the national magazine FamilyFun, Holiday World is second only to Disney when it comes to amusement parks.

The April edition of FamilyFun magazine announces its 2013 Travel Awards*, which include categories for destinations, resorts, zoos and amusement parks. The awards are the result of a nation-wide survey of 2,000 parents with children ages three to 12.

In the amusement park category, Holiday World is listed third, after Disney World and Disneyland. Following a description of Holiday World's coasters and "massive water park with a mind-blowing assortment of rides," the magazine lists the perks of free soft drinks, sunscreen and parking, and then poses the tongue-in-cheek question: "Who's running this place? St. Nick?"

FamilyFun magazine's print circulation is 2.1 million.

In a second national survey, the world's longest water coaster, Mammoth, is named the Best New Water Park Ride. The multi-week "2013 Readers' Choice Awards" online poll was hosted by About.com, the 31st-most-visited website in the nation.** The one-third-mile-long Mammoth water coaster opened last May in Splashin' Safari. In 2011, the park's first water coaster, Wildebeest, was awarded the same honor.

That's pretty significant, considering Family Fun is owned by Disney.

Ah, that was correct until just the past year, when they sold FF to Meredith; it's now part of the Parents magazine group.

Thanks, though - we're mighty pleased with this designation.

Paula

Lots of newer more modern water parks offer the wristbands. The water parks in Dubai offer the wristband which is your admission, locker key, towel exchange and more! Love to see new technology like this coming to more parks.

I think that is a cool idea about scannable wrist bracelets. Whenever I wear one of those elastic key bands I'm always afraid its going to come off and I'll lose the key somewhere, on a differently related topic even though its still a bit off, who is going to Holiwood Nights this year? I was thinking maybe either Friday or Saturday we all meet at the Santa Clause at some point and get a group picture so the people who are going to do a trip report can include it? Heck, maybe I'll even try my hand at doing my first one.

I shall obtain a T-shirt like that (or one of Mammoth... or both, why not?) and will possibly be at Holiwood nights. Family might call me crazy for going a third time in a row, but I'd rather go local again than have to travel to Sandusky for a 1 day event in which I can only bring one person with me in the event, and the rest will complain about having to wait in regular lines all day... so yeah. (Can only choose one for financial reasons.)

If I go, expect a trip report, though probably not as long as my previous ones unless there would be major changes (aside from the new slides).