TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

If the deal does go through, why would that mean that Busch Gardens or Sea World's quality would go down? If Six Flags plays their cards right, couldn't this result in a boost in the quality of Six Flags parks? It all depends on the terms of the deal and who from Sea World's management is brought into Six Flags. Sure Six Flags buying Sea World could cause quality to suffer, but it could also prove to motivate Six Flags to improve service quality at all their parks. Just playing devils advocate.

That being said, I would be shocked if this deal went through in the end in the first place.

^ Why would they remove popular rides that (as far as I've heard) run perfectly fine?

I'm kinda having a hard time deciding what I think about this because Six Flags parks are all over the place. You have parks like MM or La Ronde on the bad end of the spectrum but then you have parks like GRAm, SFOG, or DK on the good end. I do like that SF has experience with animals and they could help on the ride side (Iron Gwazi anyone?) but I'm also worried that you would see Kumba trains wrapped in Stride Gum ads and Superman flying over Shamu. What I still don't get is why Six Flags would even want to do this in the first place.

^^If Six Flags buys the parks, the last thing you'll have to worry about is them removing the coasters entirely...

Now, disassembling them to be reinstalled in different parks in the chain and marketed as if they were new? More their style.

I'm worried about if this ever happens, they might remove Kraken, Manta, Great White, Steel Eel, & I mean change the classics, I'm really worried!

Although I shudder at the very thought of "Six Flags Williamsburg," I doubt they would do something like that. In fact, I doubt that anything will come of this, but who knows?

Edited by cfc

^ Why would they remove popular rides that (as far as I've heard) run perfectly fine?

I'm kinda having a hard time deciding what I think about this because Six Flags parks are all over the place. You have parks like MM or La Ronde on the bad end of the spectrum but then you have parks like GRAm, SFOG, or DK on the good end. I do like that SF has experience with animals and they could help on the ride side (Iron Gwazi anyone?) but I'm also worried that you would see Kumba trains wrapped in Stride Gum ads and Superman flying over Shamu. What I still don't get is why Six Flags would even want to do this in the first place.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Ride rotations and their sellout ads everywhere

Six Flags - eliminating the competition by buying the competition and then bankrupting themselves?

Seems a little counter-productive if you ask me.

A few things:

1. I said SeaWorld going public was a bad idea.

2. When has Six Flags ever re-themed a coaster into Superman/ Batman? Or any major coaster into another theme?

3. Do any of us really think this is really going to happen? I can see AT THE MOST Six Flags keeping 1 or 2 properties and selling off the rest.

We will be seeing Apollo and Griffon clones like there's no tomorrow. Ripping apart all of the beautiful trees at Williamsburg to add some stupid pile of trash over-hyped coaster.

2 Things:

1. Apollo and Griffin Clones, Sounds good to me. I don't know if anyone would not want that.

2. "Stupid Pile of trash over-hyped coaster", You mean 13? or Mach Tower?

Something tells me that even IF Six Flags were to buy the parks, they would be operated like a separate division. Busch Gardens/Sea World are strong brands on their own. This isn't the same Six Flags management that bought tons of parks in the 1990s and basically destroyed the Six Flags brand by flagging a bunch of parks that were no where near Six Flags standards.

Six Flags really wants to have a park in Florida. Seriously, I can't see them doing it. I mean it would be dumb to have your company making a profit to go back to debt.

Do they realize they'll have to feed the animals and stuff?

^ Saw this a few pages back

A few things:

1. I said SeaWorld going public was a bad idea.

2. When has Six Flags ever re-themed a coaster into Superman/ Batman? Or any major coaster into another theme?

3. Do any of us really think this is really going to happen? I can see AT THE MOST Six Flags keeping 1 or 2 properties and selling off the rest.

We will be seeing Apollo and Griffon clones like there's no tomorrow. Ripping apart all of the beautiful trees at Williamsburg to add some stupid pile of trash over-hyped coaster.

2 Things:

1. Apollo and Griffin Clones, Sounds good to me. I don't know if anyone would not want that.

2. "Stupid Pile of trash over-hyped coaster", You mean 13? or Mach Tower?

No more like Green Lantern (MM) or a "new" boomerang (For the record, Green Lantern really isn't terrible, it just is way to short and I felt it was an excuse to bring in the coveted 18th coaster). As for the clones, well I kinda prefer that they kinda stay original to their locations rather than being like Batman where once you've ridden one, you've ridden them all. It makes the experience a little extra special to me when I know I can only ride this specific coaster at one park only and no where else.

I'm somewhat intrigued by Apollo being part of this. They're currently in negotiations to purchase the company that I work for. Hopefully I'd get some sort of perk if this deal goes through! Outside of that, I really hope that this never materializes.

This is just not what SF needs right now. They should be focusing on making profits with their existing properties by focusing on quality. Improve the quality of the parks, and plan quality additions.

The chain has been so unbalanced for years now, they need to fix themselves before expanding.

I am seriously hoping that this is another case with the media jumping to conclusions like what happened with the Six Flags park in Asia rumor from the other week. This really has me worried and hoping that it's not as bad as I think it would be if it happens.

^^ If I was in charge, I would co-brand the park. Leave it as SFDK, but bring back killer whales (obviously using the Shamu name this time), and branding the Sea part of the park as Sea World at Six Flags or something like that, much like you would have Hurricane Harbor at a park like SFGAm, SFNE, SFA, etc.