TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Art isnt responding to any of my emails so I dont know how to get the belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this kind of behavior isn't going to get you an answer. Seriously, do you honestly think yelling and screaming is going make someone want to respond to you?

Bummer that a person with a better attitude didn't win.

EDIT: lol at Patrick and I responding at the same time!

Edited by robbalvey

Real Art isnt responding to any of my emails so I dont know how to get the belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this kind of behavior isn't going to get you an answer. Seriously, do you honestly think yelling and screaming is going make someone want to respond to you?

Bummer that a person with a better attitude didn't win.

EDIT: lol at Patrick and I responding at the same time!

Second time that's happened in this thread too

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure why my previous post was removed but I was asking if anyone would be interested if I start an internet claw machine and host it in Asia. There might be some slight latency but it should not be too bad.

Let me know what you guys think?

To be honest, yesterday when I read the first post, I was a bit confused as to what was being talked about.

But if you have the funds, tools, time, knowledge, and equipment, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate take on an internet-controlled crane game. I know UFO Catchers are huge in Japan and some Asian countries so I could see this be a huge hit...especially if it's modeled after the 2-prong Catchers and the simple 2-button setup (Right button, and back button, hold the right button first to move claw right...release, then move back to desired position...once released, the claw drops...forces you to be more accurate as you only have 1 shot at each button).

I plan on charging it to be sustainable. I am thinking along the line of offering free plays and paid plays. Paid plays get to jump in front of the queue. Would anyone be interested in putting money in a game like that to play?

santa claw was so popular because it was free but it cannot keep running indefinitely.

• 8 months later...

^ I really hope so. I mean, as cool of a concept as Ro Bros was, I think it was kind of a "miss" and it really never captured an audience. I actually really liked stuff like their drinking game, and I think had that dunking game been online for more than a day, it would have also been really cool!

Honestly when I saw the bumped thread I thought there was some news about it until I read the thread subtext...still had hopes that maybe there was some news anyway.

Maybe I'll play some claw games tomorrow at CGA while playing the Santa Claw music...get everyone else in our group to line up behind me!

Speaking of claw...this was the final grab from last year, possibly it's final grab until we find out it's future (or fate).

When does it normally come back?

After the first round (which happened early in 2011), it wasn't supposed to come back, but then Gizmodo rented it for their holiday party last Christmas so it was back for two weeks.

But initially it was a one-time run in early 2011.

I'm not expecting it to ever come back again....

We should put together a TPR Santa Claw Fund and see if we can rent it out just for us!

That alone would be a good reason to put up 10-20 bucks. Heck, even more!! I would love to help contribute and bring it back, even if it was just for a week or two like the holiday party in the past. If something like this is put together, let me know about it!