TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My date didn't quite go as planned. We both had a good time but we both kind of decided that for a long distance relationship to work out it needed to be a great time and it really wasn't. We are still "friends" but at the same time who knows when she will come down here or when I drive up the coast to go to SF. It was still a lot of fun having dinner with someone and exploring Fishermans Wharf but I think next time I will look for someone a bit more local.

Aka I am currently single... which sucks in a way but at the same time is nothing new.

Well me and my boyfriend have been going out almost 5 months now and we're moving in together on Saturday

I know people will say its too fast, but i've never felt this way about someone ever, and could really see this lasting a long time

and i'm very excited about it

If you know what you want then it isn't too fast. I (officially) got a place with my girlfriend after a little more then a year of dating. We were engaged about 3 months after that. Best of luck!

So this is my third post on this page, let alone this thread... UGH. Here has been my last 10 days or so... Single but whatever... nothing new. Then I have a girlfriend! YAY! cause I have never had someone I connected so much with. THEN she said she needs some time to think about it which is fine, but I can't entirely be sure where this puts me... am I in the friend zone? Am I more than that... am I less? It also sucks cause she lives in San Francisco and I live in Socal... we also met online(on Micechat actually... lol) but I have met her in person as well. We have this awesome chemistry and she is looking to move out here in about a year... a decision that has more to do with college than it does with me so we are sorta trying to try things out. She is in the hospital right now due to an apparently pretty violent asthma attack but she is out today(or maybe tomorrow) which is awesome but the last few days have been a little awkward because I wasn't entirely sure what to do. I sent "well wishing" texts that are hopefully a little more than "get well soon" because I hope she takes the hint because she knows I want a relationship even is she has not 100% ready, but like I said I am willing to wait.

This has been an interesting experience either way because like I said I have never connected with anyone like I connect with her. I have only had one other girlfriend in the past but we only lasted a few weeks... the dates felt more like hanging out with a friend than someone I liked. I am FAR from naive but this new girl has A LOT of potential because we are very like minded... I just hope she feels the same thing. She brought up the connection herself so she knows there is something there, I just hope she sees "the spark" as something strong enough to at least try this out cause I like to consider myself to be a good dude so there is no downside(at the moment) for either of us and hopefully an upside for both of us.

Girls are COMPLICATED!

^Don't despair!

As a college student who recently transferred into the Bay Area, moving to a new area for college is terrifying!! It may not be that she doesn't like you--from what you said, it sounds like she does--but she's just nervous about this huge transition she's about to go through. I know a lot of girls who decided to post-pone relationships (or even end some) because they wanted to focus on moving off to college. It's... complicated.

My advice is just to stay patient and supportive of her through the roller coaster known as moving to college. Congrats on finding someone you feel a connection with!

^^ Thanks. Yeah, it really is kind of complicated. It also sucks(not really her fault) that I am going to end up being sort of a rebound anyway cause she has only had one other boyfriend besides (sort of) me and they went out for four years which is insane which is another part of the reason she wants to decide if she wants a relationship. The good news is like I mentioned we have a connection and are both totally obsessed with Disney which of course is not a deal breaker one way or the other but it's cool to share a common interest. There is other stuff we connect with of course, but we met based on the Disney stuff.

^Congratulations!

And I end in the frienzone anyway. Ugh. Oh well... I feel a little more confident now. I just have to find someone I like which may be a little complicated cause I have weird tastes in things but there must be some people out there. It just sucks cause there was this girl I was hanging out with the other day at Disneyland who was totally awesome but I didn't ask her out because I was trying to see if it would work with this other girl but it's just not so yeah... I sorta ended it. Shes still a little too into her ex who she dated forever and she is having trouble with getting over it, which is fine so we can still talk and be friends if she wants(she does) but I am going to look for another girl.

Any California coaster nerd girls who like ska and Disney?

Hm, I guess I left my last post with a bit of a cliffhanger, huh? It's a bit late, but I may as well give you guys an update.

The date went splendidly, and as of the 7th, Alia and I are in a relationship!

It's going very well so far, even if we haven't been able to spend as much time together as we want to, simply due to school being really hectic for both of us. Once the fall play is over (we're both on different crews for it), we should have way more opportunities for dates, though. But still, I really enjoy being able to spend even a little bit of time with her every day.

EDIT: Welp, nevermind. After an incredibly awkward week of not talking to each other at all, both of us knowing that everything was just off with our relationship, we ended it on mutual agreement tonight. The timing was just really bad for both of us, and I guess I'm still learning how to properly handle a non-long-distance relationship.

Oh well, we're both totally fine and happier now, and we are most definitely going to stay friends.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't go looking for someone who likes roller coasters or Disney. It's nice if they enjoy it as well, but don't have it as a 'must have' relationship requirement. I've recently ended a 5 year (awful) relationship. They loved Disney as well. It's dead to me now. I can't check blogs or read articles any more. It was a huge part of our lives and the idea of going back at the moment is too difficult for me. It'll change in the future, but for now it's too painful.

Plus side, I'm free to give a TPR trip a go now!

Relationships have always been confusing for me, and I haven't been able to grab myself any kind of person who could be my boyfriend or girlfriend. Its really hard for me to tell the difference between a crush I have on someone for who I want to just be friends with or someone who I have a legitimate crush on.

Relationships are just one of those things that are just confusing to me.

Meeting people through friends or even through work is so overlooked these days. It's because it's not expected... but that's where you find the good ones If your friends are married etc, and don't know many single people, then try joining a hobby club or a sports league (even if its new to you). As for work... yeah there's the dreaded "what if it doesn't work" excuse, but honestly, we're all adults, and it should never get in the way. If you know someone is a good person, go for it

• 4 weeks later...

Got asked out by a very attractive news reporter for my city earlier this week. We really hit it off, so I'm excited for this. I'm going 5 years older...which does seem like quite a lot...but we'll see how it goes!

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend broke up with me on saturday

That was us at 8 months officially together....He said he couldnt have a long term relationship anymore and didnt want the commitment of a girlfriend and that it had nothing to do with me, but that he just wanted to be by himself right now....

I don't think i've ever been this upset and in this much emotional pain before. I love him...

That was us at 8 months officially together....He said he couldnt have a long term relationship anymore and didnt want the commitment of a girlfriend and that it had nothing to do with me, but that he just wanted to be by himself right now....

I don't think i've ever been this upset and in this much emotional pain before. I love him...

That's hard. Did you not just move in together recently?

• 2 weeks later...
Got asked out by a very attractive news reporter for my city earlier this week. We really hit it off, so I'm excited for this. I'm going 5 years older...which does seem like quite a lot...but we'll see how it goes!

5 years is nothing.

my Partner is 8 years older, and my best friends have a 15 year age difference (she's 15 years older than him).

That's hard. Did you not just move in together recently?

Yes. We moved in together in the beginning of October 2012.

But i've moved back home with my mum now - i'm much happier there anyways. It was him that wanted to move in together, not me.

I'm feeling a little better, but I still miss him loads

• 4 weeks later...