TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

It's not even 2013 and the track work looks like its almost finished. When do they plan on opening this attraction? I assume they're trying to knock out most of the construction before the Missery storms come rolling through this winter, making everything... miserable. lol

Drop looks incredible!

Great pics Chad! Couldn't think of a better ride for SDC. Oh and you can never have enough Wild Fire shots.

Agreed on all counts. The coaster looks like it's about done, but they will want to completed the themed area before opening the ride. As much as SDC puts into theming, I really doubt they'll open Outlaw Run before the end of the year (not that I would mind...). Construction should be able to proceed into December: we usually don't get our first big ice storm until January (we hardly get snow here, just ice; but occasionally I have seen a foot of snow in early December or even November. Midwest weather is notoriously unpredictable).

Amazing POV video!

So obviously this isn't perfect, and it's fan-made, but it has me curious about one thing - the press release mentions a double-down and a double-up after the GICT leading back down and then out of the valley. The layout rendering doesn't show it from what I can see though, but the way it rides in that fan recreation was actually my favorite part of the whole thing! Any idea whether that's just a marketing tool, or if the track really is doing a double-down and -up?

It's clever, but I think it's still legitimate.

The downward decent into the left-hand turn after the Camel Toe Thingie is the first down, and then the second down is after the airtime hill before the right-hand turn.

The first up is into the next airtime hill, then the second up is into the left-hand overbanked turn.

It's clever, but I think it's still legitimate.

The downward decent into the left-hand turn after the Camel Toe Thingie is the first down, and then the second down is after the airtime hill before the right-hand turn.

The first up is into the next airtime hill, then the second up is into the left-hand overbanked turn.

Right, okay. So it's a double-down and -up, but not in the traditional sense. It just so happens to go down twice and up twice, more or less.

I'm thinking the GICT is gonna create some weird disorienting effects. It seems to me your body is gonna want to do a barrel roll there like I-Rat will have, especially with the bank left after. Instead your gonna enter from slightly right, get pulled back the same way you entered, then rotated for a left hand turn afterward. Not the way you'd expect a nice smooth over banked transition to go. Me likey!

^I don't know why you would gag on it, I think it looks cleaner. A lot of those excess members on traditional woodies seem to be in place just to counter the wind loads, and over time they tend to warp and make the structure look cruddy (e.g. SOB). This structure is cleaner and makes the individual members look bigger and stronger, continuing the vibe that everything on this coaster is bigger and better than the traditional woodies. Just my thoughts anyway...

Thanks for the photos again Chadster. Anyone hear anything on a track completion date? I know there was the possibility of starting testing by late November at one point...

^They hope to have the circuit completed this week, then they have place the cover/top on and they seem to be about 20% complete with that. The chain, electrical, sensors, transfer table, ride system also still needs to be installed. Purely from appearance it looks as if it could be done by Nov 1, but one never knows as they spent a ton of time on track alignment on NTAG.

the individual members look bigger and stronger
that's what she said!