TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That makes me really sad too

Does anyone know if that Intamin Dolphin Tower thing ever got built anywhere? It looks kind of Googie! I love it.

Also, am I confused or was that a small portable version of the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop? Was THAT ever in existence??

I've always wanted to ride the Huss Tri-Star. It just looks so cool! I believe there was some New England park that had one at one time and was demolished not too long ago IIRC.

I had that same Intamin catalog and am still kicking myself for letting it disappear.

Yes, everyone go like Shane's AA Facebook page. He's already posted some amazing stuff there!

They had one a Lagoon for a couple of seasons. Not sure why they took it out. Yeah it was much more impressive to watch than to ride. About the same as a slow scrambler that tilts up about 45 degrees.

Idlewild had one for a few seasons also. I thought it was actually pretty fun. A little more thrilling than a Condor but not quite as good as an Enterprise. I did some searching but really can't seem to find where it wound up.

Cool to see the scans from the Heinz Fähtz brochure. There're still some Fähtz music-express around here on the carnival circuit.

The Fähtz Round-Up was IMO the most forceful - there's still one at Heide-Park, now in the former HUSS-Land - it's there since the opening in 1978 so I guess they produced some quality rides...

I've always wanted to ride the Huss Tri-Star. It just looks so cool! I believe there was some New England park that had one at one time and was demolished not too long ago IIRC.

I had that same Intamin catalog and am still kicking myself for letting it disappear.

Yes, everyone go like Shane's AA Facebook page. He's already posted some amazing stuff there!

New England? Riverside Park in Agawam, MA, had one until the park became Six Flags New England and SF started gutting their flats. No idea where it went; sadly, mostly like just a scrapyard somewhere.

I remember the ride being quite fun, myself.

^ That's the one I was trying to think of at Idlewild. I can't remember what happened to it either.

If I'm not correct, I'm sure someone will yell at me

Tri-star from Lagoon was sold to Kennywood, lasted one season, (where I rode it,) then moved to Idlewild as "tri-nado" a few seasons later, then removed and donated to the park in Mexico called La Feria Chapultepec Magico.

Can anyone confirm?

Pretty cool seeing the Intamin catalog from back in the 70's and how different their role was in the amusement park industry. They still played an intrical part of the business but it was in a much different way!

Awesome as always, Shane!

When did Intamin start representing Schwarzkopf or were they always the ride broker for him?

Found this in Shane's Amusement Attic on Facebook "Schwarzkopf early ride cataloge".

schwarz.JPG.489c9462792fd6dcc0cbbc5f78e43c2b.JPG

I love the old HUSS rides, thanks for sharing this IAAPA guide!