TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Still don't have the foggiest what monkeys have to do with wine and then why we were launched out into the grapevines, but it was a lot of fun.

Hahahaha this is a topic that has been talked about for a long time here in the Spanish forums!

Initially the theming topic for Furius Baco is WINE, but the problem is when they start to add different ingredients such as monkeys, dummies all around, the scientist or his crazy experiments.

Basically on a farmhouse (called "masia" in Catalan) in Catalunya the wife of a typical marriage goes to Africa, where he has a baby and come home with the baby and a monkey (¿?). When the child is 12 years decides to be an inventor and later the parents leave the "masia" and leave the boy-inventor and heir (hereu) with the condition that he maintains the tradition of making wine for the years. As an inventor comes up with a system to make the barrels of wine arriving before or more speed at their destination, so invents a rocket to propel them fast.

When you reach the "masia" the dummy (that is you) have to prove the first trip of the machine that the inventor has put the name of Furius Baco.

As confusing and weird as it sounds

Today, some fire appeared in a zone between PortAventura and the petrochemical industry area near the park. The fire seems to be controlled now. 5 hectares are burned and 23 people have been evacuated for security. No personal risk / damages related.

Some local photos made by HaRmAn @ pafans.com

... and press news regarding this (spanish)

http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=1226919

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/desastres-naturales/noticias/4170187/08/12/Los-bomberos-dan-por-controlado-el-incendio-de-Vilaseca-que-ha-quemado-5-hectareas.html

Can PortAventura be done in a day in September if you go for the full opening hours (10am-8pm) or a day and a half if not?

If you avoid the weekend then a day would be fine, it's still a little busy but very manageable, just make sure you get on Baco first as that thing always breaks down and gets a huge line.

Good evening all

Great site and looking forward to posting here in the future !;)

At last,The parts made by Proslide that have been in storage since 2008 will finally get used from the end of September this year as work will begin on expanding the Aquatic Water Park..

The golden question is...will it be the Worlds tallest water slide of 42m as previously planned back in 2008????

confirmation-

http://www.portaventuraholidays.co.uk/theme-park/portaventura-water-park

Edited by Jerseybean

Hello guys!

Here is a homemade video that I made a few days ago, featuring some slow motion shots in 1080p. (I recommend to watch it in youtube) ¡Enjoy!

Shambhala - Expedición al Himalaya (+ Slow Motion 1080p) - PortAventura Montaña Rusa 2012

That video is fantastic. Very, very well done. One of the best videos I have seen like it in a LONG time.

May I ask what gear you used to shoot that?

When will the TPR Spanish Trip be? (Is not necessary to be exactly)

P.D.: Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain.

Robb and Elissa really enjoyed the TPR Trip to Spain, and have said they would return in the future, maybe after another 1 or 2 coasters are built. I would not expect TPR to return to Spain in 2013 or 2014.

Edited by larrygator

When will the TPR Spanish Trip be? (Is not necessary to be exactly)

P.D.: Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain.

Robb and Elissa really enjoyed the TPR Trip to Spain, and have said they would return in the future, maybe after another 1 or 2 coasters are built. I would not expect TPR to return to Spain in 2013 or 2014.

Thanks! I think that there are 3 new coasters from 2007...:

Tren de la Mina@ Parque de Atracciones de Madrid.

Shambhala@ PortAventura.

Muntanya Russa@ Tibidabo. [They've removed "Montaña Rusa"]

Well, thanks for your answer!

"Down about two stone in weight since late June. I better fit in that f*cking rollercoaster!"

- The words of my friend who somehow heard about Shambhala's hatred for all those overweight

Has anyone been there recently? I'm quite looking forward to it, myself. Friend seems to be on a bit of a fitness craze at the moment (for those unaware, a friend of mine is a fairly big guy and I'm in charge of having booked a holiday for about a dozen of us to Salou/Port Aventura; then heard about the tight seats and became worried I'd inadvertently embarrass my friend).

How is the park in general? Does PA have security? I can't remember seeing a single Guard/Security/Police uniform in the park at all..?

Thanks, do do you think a day and a half or even 2 days would be better to do it comfortably?

I was there in early July, and we bought Express Passes (the super deluxe diamond platinum VIP-version), they were something like 55€ and offered front of the line on the nine biggest attractions and one front row ride on Shambala, Dragon Khan and Furious Baco. With these, it was no problem doing the whole park in one day with multiple re-rides. It was a bit more expensive than doing two days in the park, but definitely worth it.

Can I ask ye guys; what's the story with bringing a camera on a rollercoaster in PA?

It'd obviously have to be secure (so it can't fall out of your hands, etc.) which mine would be (I'm a professional photographer, so wouldn't be taking any risks). Do the ride operators care? I'd imagine they don't, but better to ask than not to. Do you just mention it to them when you're taking your seat so they know it's there?

Oh, also, has anyone any more word on the Shambhala seating? Are 'bigger thigh people' getting on it now, or still being refused? (reading here, it seems someone mentioned that the ride has become more forgiving, but I'm not sure if anyone ever gave an actual "i was there" answer? All stories are very vague).

Cheers