TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Failure to follow a theme in the past doesn't mean they should just always ignore it. Just saying. I'm not going to cry if they don't match a theme, but I think it's pretty cool when they do.

I agree, it makes the attraction even better if they are able to follow a theme!

Agreed. Feels like something semi-exists now. The site itself has a ways to go but this opens up an opportunity for the park to start generating a buzz without putting all of their eggs in 1 basket. Can't wait for Au29!

And my initial guess when I first briefly heard the "Au13" phrase I was thinking August 13th. But that would be too simple to figure out, right?

I've never named any of my season passes as that seems...strange, but I am going to name my 2013 CGA Gold Pass "Au13" in honor of Au13

UPDATE:

Just received a photo from a friend.... Au13's gone vertical!!!

photo(4).JPG.4707238c5bb74123bba40db95ee18350.JPG

Ooh...'tis a good day! I'm 'bent' with excitement :p

Edited by Angry_Gumball

The site itself has a ways to go but this opens up an opportunity for the park to start generating a buzz without putting all of their eggs in 1 basket.

With Behemoth at CW, it seemed as if they deliberately wanted the full lift complete by the end of the season prior to its debut season. Nothing promotes season pass sales for the following season more than seeing construction well underway for something you have to come back for, and with the history of CGA, this must be a relief to much of the GP.

It's really refreshing to see something new go up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what that record is though!

For those who haven't realized this yet: Gold is listed as "AU" on the periodic table of elements.

So I figure the AU13 is talking about Gold and 2013. I'm looking forward to finding out more on the 29!

Now, I'm going to be thinking of this coaster each time I see anything gold-related...did not help when my next map to play on in Team Fortress 2 was called "Gold Rush" (Not quite Gold Striker). And there's plenty of "Cash 4 Gold" places around here that will help make me think of Au13/GS.

[attachment=0]Au13.jpg[/attachment]

Au13...it all makes sense now...I'm curious as to what these "new records" are that Au13 will be striking...I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Probably, "Longest time with out new rollercoaster."

QFT!

^Very true indeed!

I see all these people saying "Ew, another woodie?" but I flat out tell them that I'm just thankful that they are getting something major, and this thing will do what their other woodie in the back doesn't.

About Au13...oddly enough, Au13 is also a motherboard.

Speculation time...Record...coaster with the most tunnels/longest tunnels on it? Perhaps CGA/CF has something up their sleeves that even us coaster enthusiasts aren't aware of (yet). After all, remember back when I dug up the stuff back in Feb, and how it mentioned something about revised plans? One can now only wonder... I'm excited, can't wait for the end of August, as much as it's not even August yet...just a few more hours to go.

I'm thinking the record will be something like Fastest wooden coaster in Northern California. I think it's going to be some kind of regional record, but I would like to see it be something bigger!

Edited by R.C.

I'm thinking the record will be something like Fastest wooden coaster in Northern California. I think it's going to be some kind of regional record, but i would like to see it be something bigger!

It could easily be fastest/tallest in NorCal.

^

Messing with NL (once again), I tried fitting in my recreation of the GCI into the "Curly Fry" pad...and it seems pretty close to what we saw on the vertical construction as well!

au13turn.jpg.fd059e3f646a63def64a29e4a8587348.jpg

And because I have nothing better to do tonight...

Au13PrudentialTurn.jpg.77422235f9a87244b0af00ecf8f6cc99.jpg

Prudential Turn next to offices!

Au13sideview.jpg.3337d966bbe61051f8b163b3972c63b3.jpg

Panoramic view of the coaster!

Edited by Angry_Gumball