Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm

^How do you figure? They can only run 2 trains total on Raven. As far as I know, it has no MCBR block section. They never release a train before one reaches the final break run. I can't see Timberliners jamming up capacity any more or less than new or existing PTCs.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby biker7766 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Just by the size of the trains, row wise.
TPR's Queue Line Enthusiast!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 pm

I think the size of the individual cars is a non issue. I actually think the dispatch times would increase as the loading on the Timberliners is easier due to no seatbelt that needs to be checked in addition to the lap bar.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:25 pm

At Holiwood Nights a couple of years back they mentioned that they would consider Timberliners for the Raven and the Legend if they worked out well on the Voyage. So, yeah...
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Going next Monday, not too worried about the lines for the coasters, but how has Mammoth affected Wildebeest's lines? Are they both averaging about the same amount of line length? Does 30 minutes for each sound reasonable? Looking like a hot day.
Snoochie Boochie

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, but unless you feeling like sprinting to Mammoth as soon as the water park opens, your looking at a line of AT LEAST an hour for Mammoth and slightly less for Wildebeest.

Mammoth has been drawing mammoth lines and attracting more people back to that corner of the water park...meaning lines for Wildebeest haven't decreased by much, if at all.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 am

That's fine, not the biggest fan of Wildebeest anyways. Give me Black Anaconda any day! I'll probably do the sprint to Mammoth, and maybe hit it at the end of the day. Hopefully that means the dry park is even less busy than years past.

So has their plan to manage the lines backfired on them? Thought the whole idea of putting in a higher capacity version was to pump the people through the line and away from Wildebeest...? Will we see another one for 2013? 12 person boats? ;)

Thanks for the response!
Snoochie Boochie

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Milo1188 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:09 am

Did Mammoth every get those other "log-flume" esque rafts?

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 am

I think it just means increased business. If you can fill both lines, then either everything else in the waterpark/main park has no line or HW is continuing to increase the counts on their ticket sales. Which is great.

Just means more amazing coasters :)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 am

DBru wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, but unless you feeling like sprinting to Mammoth as soon as the water park opens, your looking at a line of AT LEAST an hour for Mammoth and slightly less for Wildebeest.

Mammoth has been drawing mammoth lines and attracting more people back to that corner of the water park...meaning lines for Wildebeest haven't decreased by much, if at all.

Has Mammoth received the row boat style raft yet or is it still just the circular raft? Paula, do you have any information on this?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!