TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Yeah....to think just a few years ago SR was the ride....now I can ride 4 in a row with a total wait time of under 20 minutes!

I can't believe Hershey has been so empty this summer.

Except Fahrenheit, that wait seems to always be long!

Funny, Id never dream of waiting an hour for that.

Go figure

I can't believe Hershey has been so empty this summer. Except Fahrenheit, that wait seems to always be long!

I was there today and noticed the same thing. I got on Stormrunner's front row twice and 3 other times walk-on while Fahrenheit I only got once due to longer waits. By 4.00, Skyrush had a 15-20 minute wait (running only 1 train) for maybe the best coaster in the park now. While my thighs hurt from the restraint by the time we got back to the station, the immense drop, massive airtime, beautiful scenery, and seat/restraint design (with the exception of the minimal amount of pain in my legs) was phenomenal. Great addition to the park, it'll be interesting to see where this finishes on people's list.

Yesterday I went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Detroit Tigers (the Orioles lost 7-2 ). In between one of the innings, there was a promotion for Hersheypark and Skyrush, in which on the jumbotron, the entire POV video was shown. A voice on the video told us to have our best roller coaster screams. It was hilarious hearing all the people screaming as if they were on a coaster (many of which had the arms in the air).

Yesterday I went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Detroit Tigers (the Orioles lost 7-2 ). In between one of the innings, there was a promotion for Hersheypark and Skyrush, in which on the jumbotron, the entire POV video was shown. A voice on the video told us to have our best roller coaster screams. It was hilarious hearing all the people screaming as if they were on a coaster (many of which had the arms in the air).

That's really cool!

So who won the game?

I have a quick question for anyone who knows about buying tickets from Giant.

Can you buy the tickets days in advance? I'm going Sunday and I want to buy them today to save time when I'm down there.

The tickets from Giant are good for any normal operation day for the summer. They are not date stamped.

Enjoy your trip!!!

I have a quick question for anyone who knows about buying tickets from Giant.

Can you buy the tickets days in advance? I'm going Sunday and I want to buy them today to save time when I'm down there.

The tickets from Giant are good for any normal operation day for the summer. They are not date stamped.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Thank you very much! It's a good thing too because we decided to cancel for tomorrow because of the weather coming in.

I have been to the park during the week once and I can not remember. Are Fridays usually crowded in the park? Trying to plan a day there next month and do not want to go on the weekend.

The last two times I've been to the park have been Saturdays, and due to luck (read: sorta bad weather) the crowds were pretty light on those days. Pray to the gods of Kinda Crappy Weather to deter people.

So i Know this has been posted but im going monday. doing preview night sunday. Whats the best plan of attack. i know start in the back and move farword. That the best way to do it. just want to make sure taht i get everything right before i hit the park. so i can enjoy my day

So i Know this has been posted but im going monday. doing preview night sunday. Whats the best plan of attack. i know start in the back and move farword. That the best way to do it. just want to make sure taht i get everything right before i hit the park. so i can enjoy my day

Just go and do what comes across your path. Jumping from here to there will only cause you to miss out on the little things that so often go overlooked at the parks.Take the time to look around and see all there is. If you are doing the preview plus the next day you will have more than enough time to "do it all".

If there are any attractions that you think you absolutely must do (Skyrush for example), knock 'em out on the Preview night. That way, you have an entire day to do everything else!

Okie dokie, I need some consumer advice (I think).

Are there any spots in Hersheypark or Chocolate World that have open Wi-fi networks? I'm thinking about sending one of my buddies a souvenir and my mobile phone battery absolutely sucks, so I'm thinking about using iMessage to communicate back and forth with my iPod Touch.

Are there any spots in Hersheypark or Chocolate World that have open Wi-fi networks? I'm thinking about sending one of my buddies a souvenir and my mobile phone battery absolutely sucks, so I'm thinking about using iMessage to communicate back and forth with my iPod Touch.

You should be able to hook up to Hershey's Wi-fi anywhere you are in the park. I'm sure Chocolate World is the same story.

I Just Got Home from my first time at the park. I Must say its a nice park, with great coasters. Skyrush Did live up to all the talk, I loved it and i think its my new number one. my leggs did hurt a little after my 2 rides in the after noon but not anything to cry about with such a great ride.

Do people count lighting Racer as one or two Coasters? Trying to figure out my coaster Count

Quick update from the park from Wednesday (no photos as I've already done a big photo-taking visit this season) -

Skyrush - The new padding on the restraints really do make a difference, especially on the first drop! Resting the restraint just on your thighs lets your butt leave the seat going down. Unfortunately, since the mechanism is still the same, you get stapled in at the bottom of the drop. Still, the OMFGCRAZY hills throughout the layout are much more comfortable!

Also, I had my first ride on a winged seat, near the middle of the train (row 4) and I must say it's so weird to have absolutely NOTHING above, beside, or below you! It doesn't seem to be "scary" or "more intense" though. I still prefer the inner seats.

One more thing - the crew is great! They pretty much let everyone's restraints alone as long as they were resting on their laps. Very nice! No more stapling!

Rest of the park - very busy for mid-week. Consistent 20-30 minute queues for everything, except for Fahrenheit which was much worse (1 hour plus all day), the wooden coasters which were completely empty, and Skyrush which started off bad but cooled off around 5:30pm.

It was a pretty productive day though -

• Lightning Racer Thunder - 3
  • Lightning Racer Lightning - 3 (once in front)
  • Wildcat - 1
  • Wild Mouse - 1
  • Sooperdooperlooper - 1
  • Skyrush - 3 (once in front)

Plus some other attractions. I was ride-less for about an hour in the mid-afternoon due to hunger and dehydration.

A.J., you have to ride in the back-left wing. There is absolutely no way to come out of riding in that seat without realizing that it is the most insane one on the entire train. The airtime might be ever-so slightly less extreme, but the laterals are crazy. You honestly haven't ridden Skyrush until you've ridden in that seat.

This isn't just for A.J., it's for everyone. But as for you not finding the wings to be more intense or crazy...just ride in that seat. And for the sake of your body, hold on.