TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I don't know, your probably right but that dude is so talented that someone will take a huge risk on him. Off and on the court issues aside he's good enough to almost win a couple playoff games by himself. You know you'd like to see him in Boston with Rondo, and if anyone in the league can manage him it's probably Doc Rivers ......

(Who am I kidding, Boston is the future home of Kevin Love in 2015, and then NBA champs in 2016)

You know you'd like to see him in Boston with Rondo

Honestly, my answer to that is simple. Oh hell no.....PLEASE NO.

It's a toss up who's the most overrated player in the NBA- Griffin or Howard. Seriously, those two are so one dimensional it's not even funny.

(Who am I kidding, Boston is the future home of Kevin Love in 2015, and then NBA champs in 2016)

Now we're talking. I'll gladly sign off on this!

It's a toss up who's the most overrated player in the NBA- Griffin or Howard. Seriously, those two are so one dimensional it's not even funny.

Griffin is way more one dimensional and overrated that Howard in my opinion. Howard can atleast contribute a little on each end of the court instead of just dunking on everyone. I feel like I'm defending Dwight Howard a little to much here lately even though I personally hate the guy and think he's going to single handedly ruin Orlando's organization.

The Heat won the championship, probably no surprise to anyone there. To their credit they really did look like the best team in the league for the last two series and they deserved to win it.

But on to more important things, the NBA Draft (or as I like to call it the 3rd Annual University of Kentucky Alumni Showcase)! The NBA draft will be taking place next Thursday and this is years Draft Class is one of the deepest in recent years. Other than Anthony Davis as a lock at #1 to New Orleans, all of the other picks seem pretty wide open. So who do you want your team to draft? What players do you think will be successful at the professional level and who will flop? Who should Charlotte take at #2? Who will wear the most ridiculous suit at the event? Your thoughts on the draft.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

^Phil's saying they gave him until today to decide, then backed off and called him at midnight to say he wasn't getting the job. I think Jim Buss is just a moron.

Phil Jackson would have been a stopgap solution...but this team only really has this season (and possibly next, but that's questionable with an aging Nash and Kobe) anyways.

You know in a much similar situation when the Lakers put together a "big four" in 2003 they hit it off pretty well racking up wins pretty quickly, versus whatever the hell this team needs to figure out. You got a REALLY good wing player (no longer the best, but still elite) a center who shows up every night and can be unstoppable, another wing defender that can lock up the best in the league, a power forward who is versatile (but no more 3's Pau. I saw the San Antonio game /: ) so what us there left to figure out? When Steve Nash gets there it better make a world of difference

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going to bump this thread now that the 2013-2014 has started. I will say I am really surprised about the 76ers, 3-0 to start off, when no one thought they were going to be good. Michael Carter-Williams has been crazy so far this year, I expected him to be a bust.

• 4 weeks later...

Anfernee Hardaway, Grant Hill, Derrick Rose.

Realistically, the Bulls weren't going to seriously contend for a championship this year, and I don't think he was the piece to build around anyway, but he would have been 1a to whoever 1 would have been. Now, this version of the Bulls (2010-present/Tom Thibodeau era) is set to get parted and scrapped to facilitate a rebuild- with no guarantee that Rose will ever be the same player he was upon his return.

The maddening thing about this is that one of their greatest strengths (Tom Thibodeau) will hinder that process. His teams are unbelievably well-coached and will probably be good for a 4-6 seed in the playoffs, which effectively kills any chance of securing a higher pick in the draft. Not good enough to win, not bad enough for the consolation prize. Probably the worst place an NBA team can find itself in.

The other thing to consider is that Rose was cleared well before the end of last season by his doctors as the final part of the rehab for the ACL injury. The idea was that while he wouldn't come back and light the world on fire, it would strengthen both his injured knee, and acclimate the other one to minimize his favoring and overexerting it. He very clearly wasn't himself yet in this young season, and the point was to get that out of the way last year.

I would disagree with you about building around Rose, but I agree about the Bulls being stuck. Rose is the hometown hero. They're stuck with him and need to pray he can recover. I also agree they are going to miss out a rebuilding opportunity, since the east is still pretty terrible and they will definitely make the playoffs.

^ Yep, Thibs isn't the kind of coach that will let them go into tank mode, which is what they should do. Especially with this year's draft.

Hopefully they'll keep playing like they have in the last 3 games and that awkward conversation between Thibodeau and the front office can be averted entirely.

While I agree that Thibs SHOULD let the Bulls tank but won't, you're not guaranteed a good lottery pick even with a bad record. Ibelieve we had a .5% chance of getting the #1 pick the year we did and selected D Rose. Not saying it will happen, but you never know.

I personally think they need to shop Luol Deng and dump Boozer after this year.

I think the NBA should seriously consider doing the 16 or 8 best records for the playoffs, East and West combined because the East has been pathetic the last few years. 2 teams with .600 and above records, and one hovering around .500 is sad. Meanwhile, the West has 11 teams .500 and over. The East doesn't deserve just as many spots as the West.

Downsizing the NBA would be almost impossible. The fact that David Stern wouldn't even let CP3 got to the Lakers would cause a huge mess if a good franchise goes for a superstar on one of the cut teams, and the NBA would also lose revenue, and another lockout would be bad.

Neither will ever happen. Playoff games make extra revenue for teams and if you let the west get more spots, it creates a competitive balance problem (ironic I know). The real problem with the NBA is the soft cap. The soft cap allows it to be a league run by superstars and creates a few stacked teams but several horrible teams thus resulting in a lack of parity and a focus on dynasties.