TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

Not doubting the length of the recovery, but ACL tears these days aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. It might be a little soon to say that he'll never have that extra gear again, Wes Welker tore his ACL a few years ago and seems to be every bitas quick now as he was before. Rose will be fine.

I wonder how this affects the Olympic team this summer. Last week Jerry Colangelo had said that they were not going to add any new players to the roster after Dwight Howard's injury, but now with Rose out (and Chauncey Billups too?) I wonder if he will reconsider. If you are reading this Jerry, bring on Anthony Davis!(last I checked Jerry Colangelo was a TPR forum member).

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About the L.A.s games yesterday. The lakers handled their business, but I really have to tip my hat to the clippers. Man! They were NOT supposed to win that game. I have no idea how they pulled it off, but Chris Paul is the real deal. I still think San Antonio sends them home is they advance, but I

Agine how intense an LA vs LA conference finals. O. M. G.

^Yeah, I agree but it is pretty hard to even consider stretching it to a game 7 if you can finish it in 5 or 6., why even give Denver a chance to win one game for a chance to advance? My prediction is Lakers in 6, and a great series with the Thunder to follow.

^Agreed. Let's all keep in mind that Artest only has 5 games left so you figure Denver wins their two consecutive home games and the lakers win the next two, then you have a rested Metta World War and Andrew Bynum playing ungodly defense, what first seemed like a curtain call for LA in round two could end up going either way.

Considering my vast years of experience on the topic, if your going to punch something out of anger I would normally recommend a door, or a sheet rock wall, or a metal chair, NOT fire extinguisher case. You want to punch something that will offer some slight resistance, create a loud noise so as to draw maximum attention to yourself, yet has enough give to it that it prevents any serious injury. So, Amare, next time you're going to do something dumb, at least try to be smart about it.....

• 2 weeks later...

^Yeah, although the Lakers almost blew their height advantage without much help from anyone from the outside the previous two games. Good thing they showed up tonight and MettaTest looked good, along with Blake finally contributing something...

Am I the only person that sees the irony of all the hype Los Angeles' teams have received to be the only teams to take it to seven games DESPITE both holding a 3-1 lead. However for the clipps, I don't think their game 7 will end as well for them as the Lakers' did. And Im not even looking at injuries as a factor. Will the clippers be at a disadvantage that BOTH their stars have injuries? Yes, but I predicted the clippers wouldn't go as far as the hype demanded, because they just aren't that good. They put some nice season stretches together, but DeAndre Jordan doesn't know what defense is, Mo Williams has proven that he's not a clutch player throughout a whole series, Caron butler can seem to keep is body healthy, and I mean, no disrespect to the guy, but when you're billing Reggie Evans as your 4-5 best player.....ha

• 3 weeks later...

Boston might just F* around and win this whole thing, they're playing lights out right now. I'm not a Heat/Lebron hater or anything but it sure seems like there is just something missing with that team. Evan if Bosh was healthy I'm not sure it would matter that much this series.

And can we get Rajon Rondo on the Olympic team? That dude is playing better than anyone in the league tight now, and I'd much rather watch him play than Deron Williams or James Harden. The more Wildcats in London the better!

It's always a good thing when LeChump loses.

Thank you. ha. So far, one of my XBL names wont need to be changed. LebronHazNoRing

But seriously, theres no excuses for him and that team now. Wade took a team to win a title. Now Wade has LeChoke and Bosh and they cant close these games out? I dont care if theyre injured, so are the Celtics, even more so. But it just shows how fragile that system is with those 3 players. It all has to be perfect or it goes horribly wrong. Lebrons language after the game was perplexing too. Talking about "give ourselves a chance" HUH?! Thats how you talk in Golf because of how its played. You are LeBron James. You have Dwayne Wade. Please dont tell me you go out there and your thought is "Lets just give ourselves a chance". They are way better than that. It should be "Were going to go out here and win this" Just, so much defeated language from LeBron. Its almost like if the teams dont lay down for him, he cant be bothered to really push it to that next level.

I really thought the Celtics were going to win the series last night but Lebron was unbelievable. Now I'd be shocked if they lost in Miami on Saturday. I'm pulling for the Celtics but Miami OKC would be a much more entertaining sereis.

All the Lebron haters out there always give me a good laugh, yeah he probably could have handled the whole decision thing a little differently but besides that what has he really done wrong? That's a topic of discussion for a different place and time but as someone who is fairly unbiased towards him it 's amazing the amount of pure hatred that he receives, and all for what? Leaving for green pastures? I am glad that he has more or less fully embraced the role of NBA heel at this point, makes it interesting.

Anyways, the playoffs have been a lot of fun to watch so far and I expect the Miami OKC series to be fantastic. It also might set a post season record for amount of ridiculous outfits featuring fake glasses .

Ugh, Heat. LeBron James is that one player in the NBA that really irks me in the wrong direction. Sure he is good, but he is just, ughh. I've never liked him. Not as a Heat, not as a Cavalier, not ever. I am really wanting Boston to pull it off because I am a huge Paul Pierce fan (favorite player in the NBA) and I am also a fan of the Thunder. I like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden (Fear the beard). Even though Heat vs. Thunder would be more exciting, the Celtics are my favorite team and I have been a fan all of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

If Miami holds on tonight, I'm going to be forced to avoid all forms of media for about 5 months. I enjoy life the way it is right now- without the James/Wade/Bosh version of the Heat having a Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy. I'd happily endure a 1/2 year of being completely oblivious to anything going in the world if it meant holding on to that serene and beautiful way of life for an extra few months.

I'm almost pulling for Miami a little at this point just so people might get off Lebron's case a little bit. I know he made some dumb mistakes in the past but come one, the guy will probably go down as one of the top 5 players of all time lets all try to enjoy it just a little while he's still in his prime.

It's been a competitive series, but I think Miami will wrap it up on Thursday. I was wanting it to go 7 games but don't think that's gonna happen.

I also have a feeling that we might see Miami and OKC in the finals together 4 out of the next 6 years or something like that. They're both gonna be good for a while.

I also have a feeling that we might see Miami and OKC in the finals together 4 out of the next 6 years or something like that. They're both gonna be good for a while.

I'd say the same. The Bulls will be bad next year without D-Rose, and possibly Deng out for surgery. And I know they're basically waiting to shop Boozer now.

^Yeah, the Bulls might be down next year but they'll be fine once Rose is back. The real threat to the Heat or Thunder in the future will probably be who ever Dwight Howard ends up with. I really have no idea who that's going to be at this point should make for an interesting off season.