TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

^^Finally some confirmation.....but I'm still waiting for someone to say ......."You all are STILL WRONG!!! It's going to be built in the USA. It's just being shipped around the world for good luck before it comes back to the United States to be built at a park here in the US, probably Cedar Point"

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that a new sticker was placed over the old one? Presumably to keep enthusiasts at bay? However, the "Customer" line still doesn't state where it was going (though we obviously know now), just what type of coaster (which had already been assumed). Interesting.

^^Finally some confirmation.....but I'm still waiting for someone to say ......."You all are STILL WRONG!!! It's going to be built in the USA. It's just being shipped around the world for good luck before it comes back to the United States to be built at a park here in the US, probably Cedar Point"

Why is it not suprising?

China has been a hotbed of new park construction lately so it's no suprise that when we see track being produced this early it's usually for a park in an overseas market....they seem to be impressed with B&M's products ever since they opened their first few rides there so I would expect to see them buying at least one new B&M every year since they seem to be building at least one new park from the ground up per year.

I might catch some flak here, but I'm relieved it wasn't going to the Point. I'd like to see another small coaster (height wise) than a Wing rider. I'm not saying I wouldn't ride it (and enjoy it), but I'd like to see something like a more intense polar Xplorer, or a coaster with the drop sequence.

Did anyone else notice that a new sticker was placed over the old one? Presumably to keep enthusiasts at bay? However, the "Customer" line still doesn't state where it was going (though we obviously know now), just what type of coaster (which had already been assumed). Interesting.

It's in China at the park now, so obviously we know who it's for. The customer was called X-Works on the old sticker, you can see that much...but I believe that was what you could see before they covered it up, so they would have covered it up after the fact. This was probably a label they replaced when they shipped it so that they could keep track (I realized after typing "track", that it can be a pun, and I can assure you it was not intended).

Edit: The job number on the picture of the label on page 2 is different, but the customer is the same reading X Works. So X Works may have nothing to do with the customer, or that picture of the label on page 2 is for a different job? Then again, with the job numbers being different it could be relating to the different steps of manufacturing, shipping, and building a coaster.

Did anyone else notice that the picture of the track in China, and the pictures from the plant have two different job numbers? Im assuming the job number should not change from piece to piece. So maybe this is not the same track?

EDIT: Yeti beat me to the punch on the job numbers.

Why is it not suprising?

China has been a hotbed of new park construction lately so it's no suprise that when we see track being produced this early it's usually for a park in an overseas market....they seem to be impressed with B&M's products ever since they opened their first few rides there so I would expect to see them buying at least one new B&M every year since they seem to be building at least one new park from the ground up per year.

I was being sarcastic. Wasn't it obvious??? LOL