What kind of collection do you do?

Just showing off your collection:)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: What kind of collection do you do?

Postby imawesome1124 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 pm

I collect model cars. I mostly try to get the 1:24 scale because the 1:18 models don't fit on the shelves in my room. I may get one or two in that scale to put on my dresser. The collection is pretty pathetic though. I've been collecting for over 5 years and I only have maybe 18 cars. The problem with collecting them in 1:24 is that most ones I see online and/or car shows, well most of the good ones anyways, are 1:18. I might post pictures of the collection sometime in the future. I got about 70 bucks for my birthday so maybe I can look into adding to the collection.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Band-Aid » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Various theme park memorabilia from theme parks and thrift stores (sometimes some unusual ones, like the Epcot Center soundtrack on vinyl, a pocket knife that says "Sea World" on it, old style salt and pepper shakers from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, etc). More specifically, I collect Halloween Horror Nights shirts and hope to get one from every year (even though I never even bothered to go to any HHN :p ). I found 9 of them at thrift stores and flea markets, but I also bought 2 of them on ebay

I have tons more, but these are the only ones that stand out.
DSCN0040.JPG
In order- 1992, 1996, 1997, 1999, 1999 (same one), 2001, 2002, 2004, 2004 (different style), 2006, and 2010.
DSCN0043.JPG
DSCN0044.JPG
DSCN0045.JPG
"WHAT"
-Lil Jon

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:00 pm

I have quite a few collections, but my favorite is my Twisty Puzzle collection (Rubiks Cube Type puzzles). I don't know what it is about them, but ever since I learn how to solve a Rubiks Cube, I've been completely obsessed! Here's my whole collection-
p1.png
And here are some of my more "interesting" puzzles-
p2.png
Hm, I see...

Postby imawesome1124 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:01 am

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 am

^ Cool collection! I also collect model cars (primarily 1:18), and started when I was about 6 or 7. It's been a good while since I've bought one because I ran out of room, but I do plan on continuing my collection. I own about 50-60, but only have room to display about 30. If I can get some decent pictures, I'll post some.

Postby imawesome1124 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 am

^Thanks. I know you'll outdo me because you've been collecting longer and have WAY more models with me. I honestly obsess with my collection. About every three or four night I will have a dream where I'm like in model car collectors paradise and there are giant buckets full of great model cars to choose from, lol. I wish there was a warehouse store like Lowe's or Home Depot, except with ONLY model cars.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

2 years later from my post about yoyos, my collection's increased a great chunk. And of course, I'm not done yet! I have a fishing tackle box full of them, and then some extras that could very easily fill up a second box. Sure there's no collecter's value in them but as an avid yoyoer, I like to try out different shapes, sizes, and weight. I have one that's as small as a silver dollar to one as big as a bowl...Ok, that one's a diabolo/Chinese yoyo.

Still plenty more where that came from.

And my CGA Haunt t-shirts are increasing; I have about 7 different variations on t-shirts and 2 different Haunt hoodies. It's no wonder why you see me in a Haunt shirt many times :)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby robman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I like to collect different park maps and pins from the Disneyland Resort. My favorite maps to collect are the Disneyland and California Adventure maps. I recently framed my Disneyland maps and various fast passes and a very special ticket to me, my first visit to Disneyland in 1999!
394765_2374798063330_1651947034_1870567_1760808254_n.jpg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

I collect HO scale model trains. Unfortunately, there is no room for them, so I can't use them. :(
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby no_brain_er » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:29 pm

I just got into collecting vinyl records late last year, but it's a lot of fun! So far, I've just been buying some of my recent favorites and a few new releases, but I'm also trying to get a serious collection started, what with limited pressings and colors. I don't really have a records that's worth much yet, only because that would require me spending a bunch of money I don't have. :roll:

Two of my favorites that I currently own are a seafoam green copy of Best Coast's Crazy For You, one of 1000:

And, a metallic blue pressing of Jurgen Muller's Science of the Sea, one of 300:
--Adam!--

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random