TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phobias and Fear

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm freaked out by...

1.Fire Alarms (Can't foucus when I know there's a Fire Drill)

2.Spiders

3.Surgery (The idea of having someone cut into me freaks me out.)

4.Roller Coasters* (I'm trying to get over it. The scariest thing I've been on is ROAR at SFDK or Revolution at SFMM.)

5.Throwing Up (Why I'm afraid of roller coasters. I hate nausea, the stomach pains, and feeling like I can't breathe.)

*I'm going to West Coast Bash, and I'm kinda freaked out by what's on for morning ERT. But, i'm sure i'll do fine.

Used to have some ophidiaphobia after a run-in with a massive python when I was in South Africa in 2004. Being 11 years old getting bitten by a 12+ foot long snake was pure unfiltered terror.

Can't believe I've pretty much gotten over the fear after going through something as traumatic as that.

high-up seats in IMAX dome theaters

I think the back row to offers the best seats in the house. I feel it maximizes the sensation of flying, though I can't be certain since I never bother with other rows! Then again, at my local theater you must exit to a high indoor skybridge, so sitting low wouldn't help in that regard.

• 2 years later...

I don't have anything that I'm afraid of. If anything startles me I'll attack it. That goes for people, animals, etc. I can't do haunted houses for that reason. I'm not afraid but if something scares me my first reaction is to throw a punch.

I'm not too fond of elevators either. Again, I'm not afraid of them but I don't like how in the case of an emergency you can get stuck in them. I'd rather take the stairs.

I think my biggest fear is being buried alive. Even with new technology and medicines, I still fear of waking up after I've been put to rest. Maybe I'll just get cremated so there's no possible way of it ever happening.

Heights used to be a major fear of mine but I feel like I'm starting to get over it. They never bothered me on roller coasters(obviously), but in certain situations they freaked me out. Hell, the first time I went on the Eiffel Tower at Kings Dominion, I was terrified to even stand near the rails to look out. I stayed as close as I could to the center as much as possible. Now a days heights don't bother me as much.

My current biggest fear is having a child of mine die. That's just the most unthinkable tragedy possible, and it doesn't seem like something anyone can ever recover from. I know it's statistically almost impossible to happen to me, but accidents can happen. I would not be able to live if that were to happen to me. Honestly, even though I really really want to have a kid, this fear is giving me reservations about it just in the slim chance it could happen.

• 3 months later...
Mantis(pun intended)

Pretty much all kinds of insects especially cockroaches. Spiders and Scorpions are my nightmares too. Japanese creepy horror movies scare me much more than the Hollywood ones with bloody scenes.

I would say that some insects (especially spiders) are my only mild phobias. It's always interesting when I spot a spider with my grandfather next to me as I immediately want to kill it but he doesn't (and doesn't when I do it at all).

Also mild claustrophobia here and then a really random and unreasonable fear of being poked in the eye by tree branches LOL. Anyone Ive told makes fun of me, I don't know where it comes from but its a very real (albeit weird and funny) phobia I've always had.

^That actually happened to me a few weeks ago. I really don't remember how but I got pocked in the eye by some random tree branch. I was lucky as it was fairly soft (for a tree branch) and it hit me not in the center of the eye but more to the side. Still, it was pretty nasty

Death by lava.

Seriously.

Or by an earthquake, too.

Fearful of either.

And Vancouver is (apparently) way overdue for a major earthquake, we keep being told, year after year.