TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I've always thought that the butterfly element was a backup plan. It just seems like that should have been something else.

Yeah,remember how the park touted the ride as having six inversions when in truth it only has four?I don't know what impact the proposed waterpark may have had however as they always could've put it behind rebel yell where many of it's slides are today.

Austin11KD » said this on a recent post:

I think they can do many things with Anaconda to make it better. They could get Vekoma to get the same trains, that are on Carolina Cobra, and put them on Anaconda, or just take out the bad parts of the ride and remodel those parts (If that is even possible), They could also tear it down and sell it for scrap metal. I could think of many things that could replace it, and Hurler too. But Hurler will probably stay longer than alot of present rides..

I totally agree with the first part: tear out those (insert your favorite swear word here) horse collars and put in the new and improve over the shoulder restraints that both Carowind's Carolina Cobra and Hersheypark's sindwinder has, and I'll bet the farm that ride will be smooth as silk (not to mention less painful in the old headbanging department - I mean, that is so 90's ). I like those new restraints so much, we need to call Congress and have them pass a law requiring all coasters that has those old horsecollar restraints to be replaced with the newer models.

Or how about this idea:take out the old trains and put in the new trains that has the same model trains that run on Intimidator 305? I'll bet that would take that ride to new heights.

Waht do you all think?

"I think that if you want to start dreaming, then do it on me. That's what I'm made for."

^Um, you would have to seriously remodel the Intimidator 305 style trains to fit it on a Arrow track. Vekoma and Arrow are very similar in track and train type, so a Vekoma train on an Arrow track is plausable, but an Intamin on an Arrow? I don't think that would be very good after modifications to the train's heartline and width of train to fit the new track. Just my two cents though.

Funny how Carowinds is posting pics of their construction on facebook but so far none from KD yet.

Carowinds is posting pictures of dirt and stakes in the ground which is exactly what KD said they wouldn't do. Here is their Facebook status from 11/8/11:

The WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive! areas are well underway. They are both scheduled to open next spring. We'll post some pics when there is more to see than dirt and stakes in the ground.

Funny how Carowinds is posting pics of their construction on facebook but so far none from KD yet.

Carowinds is posting pictures of dirt and stakes in the ground which is exactly what KD said they wouldn't do. Here is their Facebook status from 11/8/11:

The WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive! areas are well underway. They are both scheduled to open next spring. We'll post some pics when there is more to see than dirt and stakes in the ground.

I know as I already saw that post days ago.

I know as I already saw that post days ago.

Here's an idea: Let's discuss what KD actually posts on their Facebook page, and not what they haven't posted on their Facebook page. In other words, wait for actual "news."

Edited by cfc