TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Queues

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I remember that TR. The queues were INSANE!!! LOL!

Anyway, my favourite queues are:

Dueling Dragons (That queue is the BOMB!! The best in the world!)

The Hulk (All the Science stuff, and they show a mini movie too!)

Revenge Of the Mummy (Incredible, I love the part where you reach for the Diamond thing and it it a booby trap!)

ToT (Again...Brilliant!)

R'n'RC (Cool show thing going on!)

And, have you seen how many vending machines are in MF?

http://experiencethepoint.com/gallery/images/imageviewerp.asp?img=P101ee0020

Here's a picture of Talon at Dorney with a full queue. I wouldn't have believed it without the picture because it's hard to imagine any coaster at Dorney with longer than a 10 minute wait, let a lone a full queue

I've waited in a line that long for Talon before. Luckily it was in the evening and a bit cooler, but it sucked because the ride broke down with me next in line.

On the subject of best q's, I would definetly agree with Dueling Dragons, and I also thought Hulk's was pretty cool too.

Wow, I have never seen Talon with a full queue. Also, X has a very big queue. Batman: The Ride queues are nice, too. They are pretty big, also. The biggest queue I have seen is Kingda Ka. It's queue is twice as long as Dragster. First, there is a long straight path, then you turn left, go under the launch track, & 3 huge sets of switchbacks (only one is covered), then a straight path and stairs going into the station. It has vending machines, and some African music. It also has mist fans. At SFGAdv, that's the nicest queue to wait in.

My favorite queue is Indiana Jones Adventure @ DL. Mainly because it just doesn't feel like a line. I was walking through it with my cousins one time and my cousins were all like,"Are we supposed to be here?" because they thought we had left the line and were walking through the ride somewhere.

My favorite coaster queue is B:TR @ SFMM.

Yeah, Kingda Ka's queue was long like I said, but after the big breakdown, they made a new queue which is a straight path, then turn left into a set of 9 switchbacks and a path parallel to the launch track up a ramp, into the station. The overflow queue is a large set of switchbacks, under a tent with a large fan & a blaring radio. It's queue is kind of hidden , nestled in the trees behind the lockers. I hope they bring back the old queue because it was nicer. It was in between the launch track & the bunny-hop, and it gave a good view of trains cresting the tower. Superman: Ultimate Flight's queue is nice, too. It is underneath the ride so it is very photogenic. By the way, does anyone know anything about Riddler's Revenge's queue or Goliath's queue at Six Flags Magic Mountain?

Let's see:

Good: Dueling Dragons and Revenge of the Mummy (those are given.) In addition, I like: Batman: The Ride (usually they have good music going, and the line moves lightning fast at Great America,) some of Giant Drop's. In addition, King Chaos (SFGAm) has a nice, long, shaded overflow, but it's never used.

Bad: American Eagle. The tent is nice, but, after that, it's a little too claustrophobic and has way too many fences. Twister: Ride it Out at USO. The outside portion is really crappy. Roaring Rapids (SFGAm) too high off the ground, in the blazing sun. Yankee Clipper (SFGAm) the switchbacks are very narrow, but otherwise, not too bad.

Ugly: Raging Bull. Going through two huge queue houses with stinky people is not real fun. Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFGAm). Switchbacks are very close; the long straightaway is awful. Rajun' Cajun (SFGAm). A wild mouse queue with no shade. Yikes.

There are an abundance of bad queues.

I tend to like themed queus because they give you something to do while you wait. I think my favorite would be outer limits for having that interactive movie on loop, plus all the UFOness. Ofcourse, close behind are TR:TR and DD. DT also had a good theme'd queu, but it was more like one to make fun of for crappy graffics....

in my lifetime I have been in some crazy cues, that seemed like they went on for hours and hours..

it's funny, but when I was younger, (in my teens) whenever we went to the park, the lines were always long, it seemed like it was always a minimum of a 1 hour wait for all rides, sometimes longer, and back then there weren't any cue monitors, music, dj's, nothing, we just amused ourselves for however long we waited.

now when I go to a park, if the line on a ride looks obnoxious (like Deja Vu always is) I won't wait.. it's not worth it anymore to wait for a couple of hours for a ride that lasts a couple of minutes. I see some of these cues on rides and watch people wait for 3+ hours.. its crazy!!!

in 1976 I waited 4 1/2 hours to ride a 2 1/2 minute coaster, it was opening day for the coaster and that was hell, especially when your young and you have a whole park waiting for you..

My favorite queues:

TTD- Constantly moving, the ride is fun to watch, and the music is good.

S:RoS (SFNE)- The "S" made by the queue is cool and the line moves in big chunks every 2 minutes.

Storm Runner- Good music and the amount of shade is great on a hot day.

Least favorite queues:

B:TR at GADV- Being stuck in that tunnel on a hot day is NOT fun.

Millennium Force- Seems to always move slow.

Wildcat at HP- Queue is 15 miles long, but there's never a line.

Disaster Transport- You can't tell how long the line is and it goes on forever.

My favorite queue is in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. It usually moves very quickly, and the gravestone epitaphs, stretching room, and hallways make it fun and interactive to be in.

The worst queue I've been in Spellbreaker at Legoland. The ride was fun, but the queue was always long, and completely exposed to the California sun.

Why does Dorney Park even bother with overflow queues on Steel Force? No one even likes it. Who designed it? It looks like an Arrow hyper, but they don't even do a job like that. It was good when it opened, but now, it is boring and lacks forces. Talon and Hydra, maybe, but if they demolish Steel Force for an Intamin or B&M hyper, then they would need overflows. Or better yet, a Rocket coaster with inversions like Storm Runner.

Even if Steel Force is old, it's still popular. On my last visit to Dorney, it had more people in line than any other coaster (still only a 3 train wait but all the trains were full compared to Hydra and Talon which had trains that were barely 1/2 full and had 1 train waits).

When it opened, those overflows were used. I think when I was there in 1997 or 1998 the wait was 45 minutes.

^^ Oh, well I'm judging on my visit on a week day in June, which may not be fair, seeing as most kids/teens were not out of school yet. There was almost no one there. Talon had no one in the station but us and three ride ops. Hydra had four people in the front fow line and ride ops. Steel Force was not much better off, and Laser got a short line as the day went on.