TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Warner Bros. Movie World, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index WBMW Page Page.

Warner Bros. Movie World Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

September 9th, 2011 - S&S El Loco coming to WBMW (see below)

September 21st, 2011 - Green Lantern theme announced for the park's S&S El Loco

September 21st, 2011 - early construction photos of Green Lantern

December 23rd, 2011 - Green Lantern has opened

December 28th, 2011 - Green Lantern POV

Januatry 25th, 2012 - Flooding at the park

March 9th, 2012 - Lethal Weapon to be rethemed to Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy

April 7th, 2012 - Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy is completed

May 24th, 2012 - Park announces shooting dark ride to open in September 2012

July 25th, 2012 - More info on Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D!

September 13th, 2012 - A new look at Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D!

October 7th, 2012 - More photos from Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D!

February 23rd, 2016 - Park announces Villains Unleashed!

September 17th, 2017 - Pictures from DC Rivals Hypercoaster opening day

July 19th, 2022 - Wizard of Oz themed land for 2024!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

2011/2012 - New Coaster - (9/9/11) In a surprising twist, pictures of freshly delivered bright green coaster track sitting at Warner Bros. MovieWorld can be found over at Parkz. This is a new project I don’t think I’ve heard a peep about yet, and if I had to guess, I’d say that the track almost looks like S&S El Loco style track. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Hey,

I found this on Screamscape and couldn't find the news on TPR, so I created this thread. I have only ridden one El Loco (if it is going to be one) which was Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland, and honestly I was quite underwhelmed, it really didn't do anything for me. I hope it is the big version rather than the standard.

What do you think?

Thank you,

RollerCoasterSmith

"Green Lantern: Going insane because Rotten Tomatoes didn't give my movie a good rating"?

I'm curious to see if it ends up being the smaller El Loco as opposed to the ones Indiana Beach and Flamingoland have.

EDIT - I can see the small extensions in the track bracing where the brake on the drop would go.

Even though I probably will never visit, I would like to see the large version get built:

Track Length 1800' (550 M)

Height 130' (40 M)

Width 230' (70 M)

Depth 40' (15 M)

# of cars 7/8 (720 pph)

Circuit Time 120 seconds

Dispatch Interval 20 seconds

It could be the world's steepest coaster easily, because Steel Hawg was originally meant to be 120 degrees, Takabisha is 122 degrees. I personally don't see the point of building one if you aren't going for a record.

RollerCoasterSmith

From what I've heard, it's an El Loco.

Looking at the track in those pictures, that's the most likely answer- the magnetic brake supports on that curved section are in-line with where they'd be on an ElLoco model....

(Granted, you tend to know the answer long before many of us even have the question!)

^Six Flags doesn't own this park, Village Roadshow does.

While small, these are good coasters for what they are. They are fairly cheap and are popular with the GP. I'm not sure what type of crowds WBMW gets, so capacity might be an issue, but this is still a solid addition. Although, I wonder, given the size of this coaster, if it was just bought to spite Dreamworld.

It really is amazing how much Six Flags has recently downgraded the proportions of their coasters and installations in the past couple years, all in the name of proper budgeting. Seems back in the day a coaster like this was for some smaller park you've never heard of who couldn't afford an Intamin or B&M.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what exactly does this have to do with Warner Bros. Movie World putting in an El Loco coaster?

It really is amazing how much Six Flags has recently downgraded the proportions of their coasters and installations in the past couple years, all in the name of proper budgeting. Seems back in the day a coaster like this was for some smaller park you've never heard of who couldn't afford an Intamin or B&M.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what exactly does this have to do with Warner Bros. Movie World putting in an El Loco coaster?

It doesn't.

This issue was already addressed in the post above yours. I thought Movie World was owned by Six Flags.

Thanks anyway?

From Screamscape:

According to local area sources, the new coaster apparently is a new S&S El Loco style coaster, and which is expected to be themed to Green Lantern. They are hoping to put up the coaster quickly and have it ready to open by Boxing Day which will fall on December 26th. According to new rumors, this may be the tallest S&S El Loco coaster to date. Another rumor claims that the coaster may feature new style cars with 4-across seating, but I can’t confirm this aspect just yet, so stay tuned.

I'm getting quite excited about this coaster (even though I am not a Mumbo Jumbo fan). If the rumours are correct I think this could be a good addition:

- Just over 100 days from track arriving it will be open.

- For something like an El Loco, taller can't be a bad thing right (don't get onto the Mega Lite argument here)?

- 4 across seating, means double capacity so it could have a capacity of 1440 pph (standard ones have 720 pph)

My only concern is what the name will be, if it is following the Six Flags it will be something like: Green Lantern: Face The Drop

RollerCoasterSmith

I hope it's not four-across seating. Some of the maneuvers that the smaller El Loco coasters do are very tight, and that's what makes El Loco coasters unique. Having four-across seating means that clearances will have to be larger.

^ This may not be true, but I hear from a friend that apparently the El Loco there has been having a lot of issues? He mentioned that the pneumatic restraints were not releasing properly around every hour or so...did you experience any problems such as that?

When I was there it had no trouble at all. Maybe it was an issue on the first ones which was resolved on the newst model.

When I posted earlier I confused this park with the one in Madrid! It's still a good news to see more of these around!

• 2 weeks later...

I love how right after TPR goes to the land down under, some of the parks get news rides after their newest ride before TPR went was built like 4 years ago.

The steepest drop in the Southern Hemisphere looks pretty awesome. I wonder where they are going to put this coaster in the park. I think Warner Bros was a good park but it was definitely missing 1 or 2 thrilling rides and now they got 1 coming. If I ever make it back down to the land of the kangaroos and wombats I will definitely visit this park again.

Jimmy "Duck-billed Platypus is the best animal EVER!" Bo

The coaster went vertical early this morning, and I have some construction pics. I'll try and keep TPR updated every 3 - 4 days at least and i'll take photos before work each day too

2107820796_GreenLantern1.jpg.f491920b2b0e10b40528f73a854e17d6.jpg

Through the fence!!

368121003_GreenLantern2.jpg.74a71a8a8fb9382e89dd2c887b48f1b4.jpg

We have erection! So far the station, pre lift and the first part of the lift hill is installed.

636481808_GreenLantern3.jpg.3a7608f80adac2ceb21a4693fb80a7c5.jpg

A bit of a look of where the attraction is located, at the front of the park next to the ticket booths.

Green Lantern Location.bmp

A map showing where the attraction will be located.