TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^I actually quite liked it when I rode it a month or so ago. The only parts that were rough were the turn into the MCBR and the middle of the super awkward figure 8 helix. I knew what to expect but could never prepare for it properly. The one time I even smashed my jaw on the restraint and it clicked for the rest of the day. Other than those two spots though, I actually really liked it. I quite like Arrow loopers in their extreme simplicity and lack of grace. A nice change of pace from the B&M's and Intamins.

I don't think KD will get a Dinosaurs Alive attraction. I will have to look but I don't think there is enough space for it. But Windseeker will fit.

Supposedly the DA thing is going in between Grizzly & WWC(so much for getting a future B&M invert there) with the rumored windseeker ggoing where HSXLC's vertical tower was.

Oh yeah I forgot about that area. I can see Windseeker going where Hypersonic XLC was. They wouldn't ad a B&M Invert because they already have an Intamin. I wish they would add a GCI woodie there. But they would most likely remove Hurler (I never went on it but I heard it's awful).

I would say the park could def add a chain lifted inverted coaster and it would be quite alright. Volcano is all about speed and the launches. Lots of parks have launched inverters and standard inverted coasters...cedar fair, discovery kingdom, SF great america....just to name a few.

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1523

El Dorado at Kings Dominion is FOR SALE to more than likely make room for a Windseeker in XLC's old location! For those of you who don't follow KD much, the ride was installed in 2009 to the left of Extreme SkyFlyer...

Just imagine how nice the lighting package on Windseeker would look with Juke Box Diner's neon lighting. It is about time the asphalt jungle (XLC's old spot) is getting some attention... I wonder if they will put brick pavers in back there?

1735112098_windseeker12.jpg.345608e2bebc29d456dd8f676c6df65c.jpg

El Dorado at Kings Dominion is FOR SALE to more than likely make room for a Windseeker in XLC's old location! For those of you who don't follow KD much, the ride was installed in 2009 to the left of Extreme SkyFlyer...

Just imagine how nice the lighting package on Windseeker would look with Juke Box Diner's neon lighting. It is about time the asphalt jungle (XLC's old spot) is getting some attention... I wonder if they will put brick pavers in back there?

Well, that ride didn't last long...

Well, that ride didn't last long...

Can't say that I'll miss it since I rarely bother riding it....just bring on windseeker in it's place.

That blows... I would have MUCH prefered a Screamin' Swing in that spot. Or better yet, how about a few nice new slides or some shady bits for the Grove? Maybe even turning that slab of concrete into a nice eat-n-sit spot. Windseekers, from what I hear, are AWFUL from a maintainence standpoint. And honestly, how many 300 ft+ attractions do we need at KD? This would put us at 4... kind of an eye sore if you ask me. It makes sense from a business standpoint, but I am not liking it.

That blows... I would have MUCH prefered a Screamin' Swing in that spot. Or better yet, how about a few nice new slides or some shady bits for the Grove? Maybe even turning that slab of concrete into a nice eat-n-sit spot. Windseekers, from what I hear, are AWFUL from a maintainence standpoint. And honestly, how many 300 ft+ attractions do we need at KD? This would put us at 4... kind of an eye sore if you ask me. It makes sense from a business standpoint, but I am not liking it.

The Windseekers are awful to maintain, because they're prototypes. If we get one next year, I'm sure Mondial will fix the problems that the 2011 ones had so we won't get those problems.

Why would they add a Windseeker when They have This:

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/aviator.html

However with the Levithan/Behemoth Thing, I'll buy Anything now.

Because flying ace isn't marketed as a serious thrill ride whereas a windseeker is....using your logic they never should've installed flying ace because they already have a wave swinger not too far away from it's present location.

Why would they add a Windseeker when They have This:

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/aviator.html

However with the Levithan/Behemoth Thing, I'll buy Anything now.

Because flying ace isn't marketed as a serious thrill ride whereas a windseeker is....using your logic they never should've installed flying ace because they already have a wave swinger not too far away from it's present location.

why'd they build i305? i mean, they already have taxi jam.

The HALLOWEEN HAUNT XI website is now up!

http://haunt.kingsdominion.com/

Mazes:

CornStalkers (NEW)

Blue Ridge Bloodbath

Camp Killauee

The Asylum

Toxic Plague

Club Blood

Slaughter House

Medieval Macabre

The Doll Factory

Outbreak: The Evolution (NEW)

Scarezones:

Necropolis (NEW)

IronWorX (NEW)

The Lair (NEW

CarnEvil

Feary Tales

The Ruins

Shows:

Overlord's Resurrection

Uprising (NEW)

Elvira's Superstition

The Night Shift (NEW)

Blood Drums (NEW)[

I'm a bit suprised to see that IronWorX will be on Center Walkway and Necropolis will be in Old Virginia. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. The Lair's location (in the arbor) just seems like they are going to have lots of "vampire" scareactors in there compared to just a few random scareactors that should be in Central Stalkway in years past. They did come up with a good theme and name for the arbor, as there isn't a scarezone based on vampires and "lair" just makes sense to be inside (the arbor).

I'm glad to see that Alien Outpost got the boot and can't wait for Outbreak: The Evolution. They picked a great replacement theme for inside of FOF as it goes with the "disaster on earth" feel of FOF's queue! I'm also glad to see that the location of the former Maze of Madness is back for Cornstalkers as that side of International Street always was dead at Haunt last year.

I'm glad to see we got all new shows this year... Freak Show Deluxe was getting old, Disturbia was great but I feel the theme of Uprising fits the "feeling" of International Street more (with the Overlord's Resurrection at the opposite side of the fountains). Blood Drums won't fit the theme of CarnEvil as much, but will definitely go better with its neighbor Slaughter House (another good decision by KD). Even though many of us liked Fangs, I'm glad its gone as the GP didn't like it much. The Night Shift sounds like it will be pretty good and it will definitely go good with the scarezone Necropolis right outside the theater.

To sum it up, Haunt XI seems like it is going to be GREAT (better than last year actually)... I think both the new mazes will be great (finally Outpost is gone) along with the new scarezones (I can't wait for IronWorX)! The only thing that I would have done differently is put IronWorX in Old VA and Necropolis in Center Walkway, but this will definitely mix it up! I'm okay with the locations though as Necropolis will go with The Night Shift show. I'm also glad to see that they are using the brand new awesome HAUNT XI logo all over the place! I CAN'T WAIT!

HAUNTXI.jpg.9d5cf68eec0b0451cdb6f0d47a87b6fa.jpg

Pretty excited for Haunt. I think the only house I'm not excited to see return is Medival Macabre. I didn't find it too good. Actually, I found it terrible. The usher let WAY too many people in, the lighting was bright and gave away any potential scares. I think the maze has potential, but overall was horribly done last year.

Either way I'm really happy to see Asylum return, and REALLY excited for Cornstalkers. Heck, I don't think there's any maze I'm not excited for. The shows sound cool, except for Uprising, which sounds fun, just not my kind of show .

Also excited for the Scare Zones. Happy to see Feary Tales, and looking foward to Ironworx!

Looks like a great year for Haunt!